Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 11 - Main Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,988 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Sounds good Lamposts.

Just two quick questions, did you try out or get to play with the handball feature I've read about? I've hear it can be switched on and off but did you get a chance to play with it on?

Is the gameplay more similar to Fifa 10 or Fifa World Cup (or Fifa 10.5 as I think of it :) )

Thanks for taking the time :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Mailrewop - heres the video you were trying to post.

Just put the video numbers in the youtube tags on boards - the bit after the v=

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

thanks, don't know what was happening never had a problem before. is that the new way to embed a video because i always used to copy the long code.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,988 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Axwell wrote: »

Mailrewop - heres the video you were trying to post.

Just put the video numbers in the youtube tags on boards - the bit after the v=

Whoops didnt read this thread before I started a new thread! Sorry!

Be a goalkeeper looks great! Seems like EA are really upping the game this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Lamposts wrote: »
    People can still quit out of the game. They won't be punished but you can search for ranked game for a person with low a DNF. You can quit out before 5 minutes if the connection is bad.

Thats lame, so basically they did nothing to try and discourage disconnection, heck even using a multiplier like in ultimate team to give more rank points to people who don't quit would help discourage this a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

In all the games I played, I didn't hit the post even once! As I said the shooting has been vastly improved. I'll get my 45 yard strike still though! Yeah, the new menu is a lot like the one for Fight Night. It's very tidy and a lot quicker than the old fifa menu's. The graphics have made a steady improvement. The game is a lot more realistic this year indeed. Yeah the intro's have changed, there's also a cool little info bar that pops up every now and then comparing say xabi alonso's pass % rate to Xavi's! It also shows things like shots and possession. Really nice feature.

Yeah, you can do co-op celebrations in the new FIFA! It's pretty cool, if you do a celebration you get raped by your teammates, they tackle you, hug you & stuff. It looks AMAZING! Sorry, I don't know if you can hold onto the ball for the rest of the game if you someone takes a 1-0 lead. I found it hard to find space between my back four so I think it's easier this year. Yeah, the whole hitting 1-2 lob pass over your defence is gone.

Well for one you can create your goal nets, you can pick how tight they are. What shape etc. I know people were pretty mad at EA for not supporting their game last year with patches. We all know the dreaded -1,000,000 glitch in MM. I asked would there be more support for the game if glitches were found (thanks macken) Rutter said they found a way of patching the game through squad updates so they don't have to send the patch to microsoft & sony and await approval unless it's a huge glitch. At least they'll fix any glitches that happen this year! There was something on player switching but my mind is fussy. There's 3 settings for it. You can switch in mid air to any player on the screen when the ball is in the air. It's an option to be turned on. That's all I remember on that.There's the 360 jockeying which I think you all know about. There's also a thing called free form sprinting on the right stick. In the arena there's a counter on the board of how many goals you score overall. This feature wasn't in the demo. When playing a ranked game and waiting for it to load you're both in the arena with one being the GK & the other being the striker.

-1 million? That wouldn't have been that ...dreaded... I think the -2 BILLION bug was the real issue! The Glazer got nothing on that! :pac:

Yeah this seems to be the universal concern with people who play fifa alot online and actually like football and like a bit of variety and dont just pick the same fooking 5* team every time and exploit the game. I expect more real and barca "fans" passing to ronaldo/messi and running with this new personality+ ****e.

This i don't agree with, what most people exploit now is one two's between 2-6 strikers, moving it in a predictable pattern with no error, the personality+ will stop the one touch passing. The only time a player is a threat now is when he's put through on goal as you can't catch the fast ones, that stays the same.

There won't be any more of less picking 5* teams, the same players will mix it up, and the same players won't(United 09, Real 10, England WC10 etc...).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

This i don't agree with, what most people exploit now is one two's between 2-6 strikers, moving it in a predictable pattern with no error, the personality+ will stop the one touch passing. The only time a player is a threat now is when he's put through on goal as you can't catch the fast ones, that stays the same.

There won't be any more of less picking 5* teams, the same players will mix it up, and the same players won't(United 09, Real 10, England WC10 etc...).

How? Barcelona,Madrid,Inter,Chelsea will all have quality players with their personality +

Drop down to the likes of Roma,Liverpool,Juve etc and you'll immediately have players not capable of doing the passing of the teams in the top tier hence even more people picking the top teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Town Man

How was the steak over in London compared to these fair shores??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

miralize wrote: »
    vanilla option?

Vanilla option is the option to play a ranked game with every setting on default.
    Sounds good Lamposts.

Just two quick questions, did you try out or get to play with the handball feature I've read about? I've hear it can be switched on and off but did you get a chance to play with it on? Is the gameplay more similar to Fifa 10 or Fifa World Cup (or Fifa 10.5 as I think of it :) )

Thanks for taking the time :)

Yeah, I managed to turn the handball feature on for one of the games. I got a freekick out of it once. It's pretty much the same as it was in fifa 09 or 08? I forget which FIFA game had handball in it. Gameplay is a bit different from both games. It kind of stands on it's own with regards to that. It's a lot slower than both of the aforementioned games. Don't mention it mate. :)
    Rooney10 wrote: »
    -1 million? That wouldn't have been that ...dreaded... I think the -2 BILLION bug was the real issue! The Glazer got nothing on that! :pac:

Oh the bug was -2 billion? My baaaaad.
    Town Man wrote: »
    How was the steak over in London compared to these fair shores??

Unfortunately, I didn't get to try the steak when I was over there. However I did have a lovely bbq steak a couple of weeks back. It was well done, just the way I like it. I also like steak wraps with a bit of coleslaw in them. Next time I'm in London though.... STEAK WILL BE HAD!

• Advertisement

Parawind wrote: »
    Thats lame, so basically they did nothing to try and discourage disconnection, heck even using a multiplier like in ultimate team to give more rank points to people who don't quit would help discourage this a bit.

Gonna tweet this to my best friend! David Rutter <3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Gonna tweet this to my best friend! David Rutter <3

Is that vanilla option definitely in Lamps? That would suit me down to the ground.We could even have a vanilla boards league. All default would be :):):):)

Rutter said he had to ask the team if it's going to be in FIFA 11. Should be though. A vanilla boards league would be focking EPIC!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I am so sick of rooney and that stupid shot i have to watch everytime i start up FIFA, i sware if they do that again with FIFA 11 i will pull my hair out.

They have announced/fixed an absolute truck load of stuff, the feedback from Axwell/Lamposts has all been extremely positive......and you are worried about the opening cutscene? :confused:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Video on the Stamina and Fatigue in FIFA 11

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

So any news about centre backs on posts for corners and in the wall for free kicks?

Rooney10 wrote: »
    They have announced/fixed an absolute truck load of stuff, the feedback from Axwell/Lamposts has all been extremely positive......and you are worried about the opening cutscene? :confused:

Actually i'm worried about a lot of different things, but the cut scene is frankly a waste of time. Just make it skippable and everyone is happy, the faster the game loads the better for everyone.

Yes the feedback so far has been positive however EA still dance around certain issues. Take the video just above this post for example, it demonstrates the effect of stamina, but doesn't seem to say if it fixes high pressure abuse. You can see from the video that players with high stamina will still be able to run around a lot faster and for longer. Sounds to me that the 5 star teams that will naturally be given higher stamina will still be able to exploit this.

Actually i'm worried about a lot of different things, but the cut scene is frankly a waste of time. Just make it skippable and everyone is happy, the faster the game loads the better for everyone.

The cut scences are there to allow the system time to load the default settings, the menus and the player profiles when the game is turned on which is why they arent skippable. Same goes for the intro screens with the logos of the various leagues etc, they are there because of advertising agreements.

joe123 wrote: »
    How? Barcelona,Madrid,Inter,Chelsea will all have quality players with their personality +

Drop down to the likes of Roma,Liverpool,Juve etc and you'll immediately have players not capable of doing the passing of the teams in the top tier hence even more people picking the top teams.

I didn't disagree with the top teams being better, the poster seemed to state players like Rooney would be unstoppable, i took this as saying ''you will get the ball as Rooney and lay rings around players. That's why i said the problem now is speed and near 100% accurate passing, most people one touch it the whole way up and then start one-two's in attacks.

If you played the WC game you'd have noticed even the 1* star team could pass it the same as the 5*, it's like the short passing attribute has no meaning, i think it(currently) only effects through balls.

I disagree with the passing of the 5* to lower, the difference is faster defenders, attackers and stronger players. To pass the ball into someone's 6 yard for a tap in like most players do now, you only need speed and strength. By the sounds by the personality+ it will address these issues, players will have to think more about their play and stop 1 touching it from one end to the other.

It suits me anyway, i use a lot of switches in my play and try to avoid passing it to the obvious man.

And i stand by my last comment, the same players will abuse the top teams, and the same players will mix it up. In each of the last 3 games 80% would pick United, Madrid and England.... they're not going to change and the players who like to mix it up won't be put off this coming year either.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

joe123 wrote: »

Of course the likes of Barca/Madrid/Inter will be better than others, because they are better than other teams. I dont know what you want from FIFA, for all clubs to be the same level? If you pick a lower team than the one you are facing you are at a disadvantage, but you can still win. The best teams are always going to be popular, they are the best teams in the game because they are the best teams in club football, EA make them strong for a reason.

I read a post on the official forum about a guy from Holland who was complaining that he cant play with his beloved NAC Breda against teams like Barca because he doesnt have a chance... But NAC Breda would have no chance against Barca in real football, which is what EA are trying to replicate.

I get as frustrated as anyone when I have to play Barca every game, but I find alot of the time if you pick a 3 star team and wait, they will find a 3 star team, but if they READY on Barca just back out if you really dont fancy it.

Also, im not sure if you fully get P+, the likes of Roma/Liverpool/Juve will have players with P+ features. What it means is, the players now dictate the teams success, so if you are Liverpool, alot of your play will need to go through Gerrard and Torres to be successful. If you are United, Scholes and Rooney will be key. It makes sense to me and I am looking forward to it. Teams like Barca and Inter will have more players who can change the game, but most teams will have players that can make the difference.

• Advertisement

Here's all the player ratings that we know so far. They may change before FIFA 11. Keep in mind some of these players are being played out of position in the game. Like Diego who is an 83 in CAM and 79 in CF.

Arsenal

M.Chamakh 83
    Vela 77
    Bendtner 79
    Walcott 80
    Eboué 78
    Sagna 82
    Clichy 81
    Gibbs 75
    Traoré 75
    Evans 58

Blackburn Rovers

Robinson 77
    Salgado 72
    Samba 77
    Nelsen 77
    Givet 70
    N'Zonzi 73
    Dunn 70
    Diouf 73
    Pedersen 78
    Olsson 70
    Kalinic 75

Blackpool

Gilks 65
    Eardley 63
    Baptiste 68
    Evatt 66
    Crainey 62
    Taylor-Fletcher 67
    Southern 63
    Adam 73
    Vaughan 68
    Ormerod 67
    Clarke 63

Bolton Wanderers

Jääskeläinen 79
    Steinsson 72
    Cahill 78
    Knight 75
    Ricketts 69
    Chung-Yong 77
    Cohen 71
    Muamba 72
    Taylor 75
    Elmander 77
    Davies 77

Chelsea

Cech 84
    Ivanovic 77
    Alex 80
    Terry 85
    Cole 82
    Mikel 76
    Essien 84
    Lampard 87
    Anelka 81
    Malouda 83
    Drogba 88

Everton

Howard 82
    Neville 77
    Jagielka 79
    Distin 75
    Baines 81
    Arteta 83
    Heitinga 71
    Fellaini 80
    Pienaar 80
    Cahill 80
    Saha 81

Fulham

Schwarzer 80
    Baird 73
    Hughes 75
    Hangeland 81
    Konchesky 74
    Dempsey 79
    Murphy 76
    Etuhu 71
    Duff 78
    Gera 76
    Zamora 78

Liverpool

Reina 85
    Johnson 78
    Carragher 81
    Agger 81
    Insua 74
    Mascherano 85
    Lucas 74
    Kuyt 78
    Gerrard 86
    Rodriguez 81
    Torres 87

Manchester City

Given 84
    Zabaleta 78
    K. Toure 83
    Kompany 78
    Bridge 78
    Johnson 81
    De Jong 77
    Barry 80
    Adebayor 84
    Tevez 86

Manchester United

van der Sar 82
    Neville 76
    Ferdinand 84
    Vidic 86
    Evra 83
    Valencia 82
    Carrick 82
    Fletcher 82
    Nani 83
    Berbatov 83
    Rooney 88

Football League Championship

Cardiff City

Bellamy 81

La Liga

Real Madrid

C. Ronaldo 89
    Casillas 89
    Benzema 83

Barcelona

Valdes 85
    Dani Alves 83
    Pique 84
    Abidal 79
    Busquets 80
    David Villa 88
    Puyol 86
    Messi 90
    Iniesta 87
    Xavi 87
    Pedro 81
    Pinto 73
    Ibrahimovic 85
    Keita 81
    Maxwell 79
    Bojan 79
    Milito 78
    Jeffren 72
    Caceres 76
    Adriano 78
    Hleb 82

Serie A

Juventus

Storari 77
    Motta 76
    Bonucci 77
    Chiellini 84
    De Ceglie 72
    Pepe 74
    Sissoko 77
    Marchisio 80
    Lanzafame 74
    Diego 77
    Amauri 79
    Manninger 75
    Del Piero 80
    Martinez 77
    Legrottaglie 76
    Felipe Melo 78
    Trezeguet 78
    Iaquinta 80
    Grygera 72
    Buffon 86

Threads merged - no need for 2 threads covering the same thing.
    All posts related to FIFA 11 to go here from now on.

Official Demo details:

3 min halves in 1 game of kick off in exhibition mode

You can upload your replays to easportsfootball.com

You play as Kaka in the arena and the 2nd player can be Peter Cech in the arena goals.

The exhibition match takes place in the Bernabeu.

Can choose from
    Barcelona
    Real Madrid
    Juventus
    Chelsea
    Bayern Leverkusen
    Lyon

Demo due for console release on September 15th / PC release on 16th

Taken from the FIFA 11 Official podcast

Link for anyone interested

Neville 76
    Johnson 78

Neville only 2 points worse then Johnson i mean can anyone see logic there?

Carrick 82
    Lucas 74
    Barry 80

Carrick is better then Barry in what world? And I realise people don't rate lucas but he had a really good season(by his standards) and has become a much better player in the last 12 months, yet he drops 4 points overall.

These ratings have to simply be placeholders until they decide on the final stats because some of them a just silly.

Yes, maybe Lucas is played out of position so that makes him a 74. There's no chance in hell he can only be rated a 74. Glen Johnson is at least an 80.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I don't see why A.Cole is always lower than Evra :rolleyes:

It's because nobody likes him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

True, but the fact that Bacary Sagna is level with him is kind of mind-boggling.

I hope Bacary Sagna dies. His hair really annoys me. I mean, ****ing highlights. GRRR.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,375 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Neville 76
    Johnson 78

Neville only 2 points worse then Johnson i mean can anyone see logic there?

Carrick 82
    Lucas 74
    Barry 80

Carrick is better then Barry in what world? And I realise people don't rate lucas but he had a really good season(by his standards) and has become a much better player in the last 12 months, yet he drops 4 points overall.

These ratings have to simply be placeholders until they decide on the final stats because some of them a just silly.

think its fair to say all of the United ratings are unfairly high. everton seem unusually good as well, bit of a dark horse team going on there

Advertisement