Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 11 - Main Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Could they at least Bother watching Games most the Players who had bad seasons haven't been Graded down Terry, Gerrard & Ferdinand remain Mytical players despite having bad seasons.Its like they don't do any researcg Guarantee the likes of Konchesky,Koschielny & Smalling will all have rating Hikes just cause they joined Top Teams.How bad have Adebayor,Kolo Toure, Barry & others to play until they get downgraded.I hope this isn't done to justify Pro Performance or whatever its called.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    think its fair to say all of the United ratings are unfairly high. everton seem unusually good as well, bit of a dark horse team going on there

Really?

Manchester United

van der Sar 82 - He is far better than that. At least 85.
    Neville 76 - About right.
    Ferdinand 84 - He has dropped in rating as he was injured last season.
    Vidic 86 - Cant argue with that.
    Evra 83 - He should be 86 as well.
    Valencia 82 - About right.
    Carrick 82 - He should be worse, around 78.
    Fletcher 82 - He should be higher, so key for us.
    Nani 83 - After a promising end to the season its about right.
    Berbatov 83 - About right, he isnt an 85 after all.
    Rooney 88 - Obvious.

So thats 1 player, and its Michael Carrick. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Really?

Manchester United

Rooney 88 - Obvious.

van der Sar 82 - This is fair hes a good keeper.
    Neville 76 - He should be more like 70 hes so far past it.
    Ferdinand 84 - Just not an 84, never was and never will be, hes a 82 at best.
    Vidic 86 - Personally i thought 85 would be more accurate.
    Evra 83 - Should be more like 81 his concentration is shocking.
    Valencia 82 - Solid season so 82 is fair.
    Carrick 82 - I think everyone and their granny knows this one is way to high.
    Fletcher 82 - He has been utd's best midfielder so i understand him being 82 but no higher.
    Nani 83 - He finally started to put in a few decent performances last season but better then Valencia really? Should be 80.
    Berbatov 83 - Amazed he managed to not drop a little further since he makes a doorstop seem energetic and had a poor season overall.
    Rooney 88 - Obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,988 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Really?

Manchester United

Rooney 88 - Obvious.

I agree with ya on this.

I don't see why people are complaining about players numbers. You can't judge a player on one single number. I mean Gary Neville might have a higher number then Glen Johnson but it could be because he has more aggression and crossing ability for example whereas Johnson would have better speed, accuracy etc. On average Neville might have better stats ] that doesnt mean that HE'S BETTER REGARDLESS, it means on balance he has higher attributes in different fields.

Getting in a huff over a players average ability number is ridiculous, the amount of fields in a players ability mean that there could be a variety of reasons Neville has "a higher number" plus there's a huge difference between form and ability. Someone may have had an awful season, but that doesnt mean they dont have the ability.

There's so many variables and reasons for players scores. I always found that Rafael was better at RB then O'Shea even though O'Shea was a better player by the overall stat, but Rafael was always more useful.

• Advertisement

Parawind wrote: »
    Ferdinand 84 - Just not an 84, never was and never will be, hes a 82 at best.
    Vidic 86 - Personally i thought 85 would be more accurate.
    Evra 83 - Should be more like 81 his concentration is shocking.

Stunned by this.

Ferdinand never was an 84? Come on. He has been at the top of the game for years, dont try and tell me in our Champions League win in 08 he wasnt one of the best players in the world.
    Vidic is one single stat point you want changed.
    Evra an 81? Himself and Ashley Cole are the best left backs in the world. By some distance. His concentration is not shocking. 55 games he played last year and was absolutely outstanding with a single slip in concentration not one of the things i can recall off the top of my head.

Chelsea and United finished 1 and 2 in the league last year, they should be the best teams in the league because they consistently are the best teams in the league. Im not saying this because I support United, if it helps, Glen Johnson should be 84, 78 is a piss take, but things like the above happen for every team. Andrei Arshavin at 88 last year? And what the bloody hell is Maxi doing at 81.

I dont even want to get into to a debate of your opinion of the talent of the United squad, but to say United's ratings are unfair is... well, unfair.

Stunned by this.

Ferdinand never was an 84? Come on. He has been at the top of the game for years, dont try and tell me in our Champions League win in 08 he wasnt one of the best players in the world.
    Vidic is one single stat point you want changed.
    Evra an 81? Himself and Ashley Cole are the best left backs in the world. By some distance. His concentration is not shocking. 55 games he played last year and was absolutely outstanding with a single slip in concentration not one of the things i can recall off the top of my head.

Chelsea and United finished 1 and 2 in the league last year, they should be the best teams in the league because they consistently are the best teams in the league. Im not saying this because I support United, if it helps, Glen Johnson should be 84, 78 is a piss take, but things like the above happen for every team. Andrei Arshavin at 88 last year? And what the bloody hell is Maxi doing at 81.

I dont even want to get into to a debate of your opinion of the talent of the United squad, but to say United's ratings are unfair is... well, unfair.

Well said Mikey!! Agree 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

LOLOLOLOL. This made my day. Thanks mate!

Lamposts wrote: »

He was superb in the double season of 08!!!

As Mikey said hes probably not an 84 now but he has been in the past.

Look i'm not saving united are a bad team, just that the ratings seem a little generous.

Rio Ferdinand was a passanger last season, he made a lot of blunders and missed the world cup through injury so i can't see how he could be that high.
    Stunned by this.
    Himself and Ashley Cole are the best left backs in the world. By some distance. His concentration is not shocking. 55 games he played last year and was absolutely outstanding with a single slip in concentration not one of the things i can recall off the top of my head.

Ashley Cole yes, Evra nope and i think Phillip Lahm might have a few things to say about that distance comment.

Really you can't??? I can think of a few and this one in particular i would have thought a united fan would remember, this one sent united out of the champions league.

Keep in mind the best rating in the game is 90, surely 86 is very high for a man whos only contribution to the world cup was a swan dive under no pressure to give away a penalty.

Don't get me wrong Man utd should be rated very well as they had a good season and have good players, but player ratings should reflect reality and i'd be quite surprised if they are the final set of player ratings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Keep in mind the best rating in the game is 90

Casillas and Messi were over 90 in the last game I think! Both 91 or so!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

He was superb in the double season of 08!!!

As Mikey said hes probably not an 84 now but he has been in the past.

Give my GME away when it's loaded, is that alright? YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

Rio is an average player. Big deal, he had one good season. He's no Jamie Dodger pal!

SRFC90 wrote: »
    Casillas and Messi were over 90 in the last game I think! Both 91 or so!

Well in FIFA 11 from what we have seen the highest rated player is 90, one of the videos shows a list of the best players in assending order from 90 going down.

PS: Get on clubs lads!

Lamposts wrote: »

:confused:

Think you need to have a think about that one. Because Rio was elected into the FIFPro World XI for 07/08 after a blinder of a season where he was a rock on which United won the league and CL.

Parawind, its Patrice Evra and Nemanja Vidic. I just dont get how anyone could argue their pedigree. Its the quivilant of me saying Torres had a crap would cup, he should be 83, or Gerrard was awful last season so give him an 80. Except I wouldnt say that because I couldnt take myself seriously. You clearly have your own evaluation of players that you have decided on, i just dont buy into the fact that EA give United special treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I would agree 84 is more than fair for Rio. Evra is at least an 85 also.

I can't understand how Ivanovic is 77 :confused: or Anelka 81 with Berb at 83 that hardly makes sense. Essien 84? He's the best CDM in the world and probably in the top 4 CM's. Than theres A.Cole but full backs always get weird ratings..

Lukker- wrote: »

I can't understand how Ivanovic is 77 :confused: or Anelka 81 with Berb at 83 that hardly makes sense. Essien 84? He's the best CDM in the world and probably in the top 4 CM's. Than theres A.Cole but full backs always get weird ratings..

Ivanovic should be higher, Anelka should be at least 83, Essien should be an 86/87.

There are always a few ratings off, and also they dont really represent a players skillset as was mentioned before with the Rafael/O'Shea thing. I found Raf to be a very solid RB, very pacey. But alot of my mates swear by Owen Hargreaves at RB!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Lukker- wrote: »

Keep in mind some of those players aren't played in position in some formations. For instance Ivanovic is a CB so putting him at RB would lower his rating. And it's possible Essien was played in CM instead if CDM where his rating would probably be a little higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

i just dont buy into the fact that EA give United special treatment.

Well you should.

Well you should.

Well, despite that being full of informative points, there is a team of people at EA in charge of ratings, not just one dude in a United scarf.

"Oh United are unfairly rated compared to everyone else!" Can you not see how petty that sounds? Its what a 7 year old would say. Its also the type of crap that you get on the EA FIFA Forum, which is in great shape :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

:D at all the ratings conspiracy theorists, there just numbers people. Im sure when you get into MM they'll go up and down.
    Anyway, last year I was fairly lucky since I didnt run into many glitches besides the keeper getting credited for the assists glitch and the weird form, is that a glitch? (rooney scored in 3 consecutive games and was playing well but had the orange arrow pointing downwards, strange).
    Hopefully those 2 things will be fixed this year. (without funking patches please! we all cant download EA's cock-up fixers! :D)

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    Hopefully those 2 things will be fixed this year. (without funking patches please! we all cant download EA's cock-up fixers! :D)

I doubt we'll be so lucky, chances are there will be a patch released in the first few days as always.

I doubt we'll be so lucky, chances are there will be a patch released in the first few days as always.

Saw a video with Rutter recently and he said there wont be any patches because they can now apply fixes in the Squad updates :confused:

Didnt understand it myself but I think he means the weekly squad updates can have fixes for bugs in them, althought Ive no idea how that would work.

Saw a video with Rutter recently and he said there wont be any patches because they can now apply fixes in the Squad updates :confused:

Didnt understand it myself but I think he means the weekly squad updates can have fixes for bugs in them, althought Ive no idea how that would work.

Yeah i remember hearing something about that and while thats a good thing, i'd say there is a limit to how much they can fix that way. But of course if they can fix things that way then there will be no delay with the patching which is great.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Did anyone else noitice in fifa 10 that when a player got injured he would be missing for one game and would be back again for the next game?really hope they fix that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BigBenRoeth

Did anyone else noitice in fifa 10 that when a player got injured he would be missing for one game and would be back again for the next game?really hope they fix that.

This often happens in real life :confused:
    I often had players miss 3/4 of the season with injury in fifa 10

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Yeah i remember hearing something about that and while thats a good thing, i'd say there is a limit to how much they can fix that way. But of course if they can fix things that way then there will be no delay with the patching which is great.

He mentioned this when I was in London but they hadnt got it 100% sorted at the time. Basically the patches can be small fixes to the game and will be part of the regular updates as long as they are small fixes. A big glitch would require too much code and they are limited on the size of a patch that they can deliver by Microsoft and Sony. For example the likes of the manual chip issue last year wouldnt be possible to fix in a patch but something small like the money bug in manager mode would. All if not most of last years ones are fixed but as usual there will be new ones that crop up in this version, hopefully they are small enough that they can be fixed when they are noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Sorry but not arsed reading the last 9 pages, but does anyone know if it has been confirmed if the Russian League (or at least some of their teams?) will be in FIFA 11?

Sorry but not arsed reading the last 9 pages, but does anyone know if it has been confirmed if the Russian League (or at least some of their teams?) will be in FIFA 11?

Unfortunately I doubt the Russian league will feature,If the russian league was going to be in it i'd say EA would've been boasting about it for a while.

The Russian league does feature in FIFA 11

• Advertisement

Axwell wrote: »
    The Russian league does feature in FIFA 11

Never seen it announced,link?

Advertisement