Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 11 - Main Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Its 100% announced. They made a big deal about it like when they added the League Of Ireland. Check the EA site.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

It hasnt been hugely announced to be honest but below is the vid for the trailer the time they introduced Kaka. At the end you can see the listing for the leagues in FIFA 11, Russian League is the one in the bottom left. (28 seconds in)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BigBenRoeth

Axwell wrote: »
    It hasnt been hugely announced to be honest but below is the vid for the trailer the time they introduced Kaka. At the end you can see the listing for the leagues in FIFA 11, Russian League is the one in the bottom left. (28 seconds in)

Savage,I've been on the EA sports football world webby a lot but still never seen it for some reason

Come to think of it, I have no idea how I heard about it :confused: I just know that I did.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Come to think of it, I have no idea how I heard about it :confused: I just know that I did.

Definately not as widely announced as the other stuff-when EA announces something you will DEFINATELY hear about it non-fúcking-stop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

I know david rutter said it in one of the Q&A videos recently, cant remember which one though. But its definitely confirmed

I know david rutter said it in one of the Q&A videos recently, cant remember which one though. But its definitely confirmed

Cool,I remember searching through the teams for about 30 minutes when I wanted to sign Honda in fifa 10 :P

Cool,I remember searching through the teams for about 30 minutes when I wanted to sign Honda in fifa 10 :P

Worst part was the russian league was in fifa 10 on PS2 & PC

Worst part was the russian league was in fifa 10 on PS2 & PC

Aye and a few more stadiums too,WHL was in the ps2 version i believe?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

• Advertisement

A thing I am very excited about this year is the celebrations, not a major thing, but they have been improved and will help the authenticity. No more cut-scene celebrations, which means no more Wayne Rooney running off doing Anelka's hand thing and the likes, if you run into a team mate, that wont end the celebration, they jump on you and can tackle you and there are now pile ups for some goals. Should be great craic tackling people in clubs.

I wonder if ur playin clubs and nobody is playing as the keeper, can ur ANY take control of the keeper for free kicks and corners? That would more than likely cut out alot of the most used tactics (back post for corners, dink over the wall for free kicks).

Mayb Lamps or Axwell knows if you can?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

i wonder have the altered the commentry at all? sorry havent read threough this thread. just fifa 09 and 10 were VERY similar with Andy Gray and Martin tyler commentating. the phrases and words etc were the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

I wonder if ur playin clubs and nobody is playing as the keeper, can ur ANY take control of the keeper for free kicks and corners? That would more than likely cut out alot of the most used tactics (back post for corners, dink over the wall for free kicks).

Mayb Lamps or Axwell knows if you can?

No, you can't. The backpost thing is gone from FIFA 11 anyway so don't worry mate. :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

From EA Sports FIFA page: Creative Director Gary Paterson played a game of FIFA 11 against Associate Producer Aaron Mchardy to prove once and for all who was the best! Check out this video for all the action.

i wonder have the altered the commentry at all? sorry havent read threough this thread. just fifa 09 and 10 were VERY similar with Andy Gray and Martin tyler commentating. the phrases and words etc were the same.

The above will give you an idea of the commentary based on a full match in FIFA 11.

From an online article on TVG:

Both Andy Gray and Martin Tyler will return to the commentary box in FIFA 11, but thankfully we can expect a whole heap of improvements and hopefully no further gaffes from the pundits this year.

“We’ve done a lot of new commentary this year,” David Rutter said in a TVG Q&A

“I think this year the biggest part of the new commentary has come about in support of the Personality Plus feature again. If you’re playing with a skilled dribbler it will let you know, if you’re playing with a strong defensive midfielder it will let you know.”

“So if you’re not a strong football fan, if you don’t know who Huddleston is for example, and you don’t know why he’s good at somethings and not good at others, the commentary will help you understand this year and that’s a big part of what we’re trying to achieve.”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

I see they still blurt out alot of the same commentry :(

just sick of hearin... Tevez with his Bulldog like approach. The tall figure of Mertezacker etc etc.

After watchin the video that That Guy & Axwell posted I like the look of the game so far, for the most part it was very similar to fifa 10 but you can see some of the improvements they've been talking about,
    plus I saw a few little details that I thought were good, like the stats & subs showing up in the score bar (eg. 07:54 - if you dont want to watch the whole video),
    or the way van persie slid for the ball and kept running, instead of staying down like a sniper victim (09:13) - I hope they improved the chest animations too.
    I like that we got a small look at the interactive celebrations (10:25)
    And the player likenesses at the end were pretty impressive (11:15) - even if kaka and marcelo cant shake hands

Blog post on the new online Creation Centre

http://www.easportsfootball.co.uk/blogs/offthebench/post/slug/creating-my-work-team-in-creation-centre-2%20?ref=nf

For anyone who has pre booked FIFA 11 in Gamestop they now have access to the creation centre using the code they should have received when pre booking the game.

Video about Creation Centre

For anyone who has pre booked FIFA 11 in Gamestop they now have access to the creation centre using the code they should have received when pre booking the game.

Do you still get that code if you pre-book now, or did you have to do it before a certain date?

• Advertisement

Has anything been released regards the soundtrack this year?

I remember last year there was a full list of songs on the wikipedia article months before it came out.

Do you still get that code if you pre-book now, or did you have to do it before a certain date?

Not sure to be honest, would imagine if you pre booked it now you would still get the code assuming they still had some of the cards in stock in the shop. Its specific to Gamestop so you could ring and ask your local one if they still had them.

Has anything been released regards the soundtrack this year?

I remember last year there was a full list of songs on the wikipedia article months before it came out.

Dont think it has been officially released yet but came across a thread with the following tracks being some of the ones listed.

Ladytron - Ace of Hz
    The Pinker Tones - Sampleame
    Ram di Dam - Flashbacks
    Adrian Lux - Can't Sleep
    El Bombo - Choc Quib Town
    Charlotte Gainsbourg - Trick Pony
    Gorillaz - Rhinestone Eyes
    The Black Keys - Tighten Up

This year obviously one of the big things is customisable audio and chants etc within the game. So you can put your own music in for the menus and then add in chants or music for when teams come out on the pitch or you score a goal etc.

Heres a vid about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,375 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Blog post on the new online Creation Centre

http://www.easportsfootball.co.uk/blogs/offthebench/post/slug/creating-my-work-team-in-creation-centre-2%20?ref=nf

seems like a rather pointless thing to be honest. however, i have pre-booked in GAmestop already, hmmm....

Having used it I think its a pretty cool feature. Im sure plenty of people will enjoy making a team of the best players that played at their club through the years, or recreating a great International team that their country had at some point or even just their own local team and using them against other people and their mates.

You should have got a card with a code when you pre-booked it unless they didnt have any left maybe at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

From EA Sports FIFA page: Creative Director Gary Paterson played a game of FIFA 11 against Associate Producer Aaron Mchardy to prove once and for all who was the best! Check out this video for all the action.

6:45 indicates it could be another frustrating year of screaming at the goalie (though at least he saved it)

🤪

Dont think it has been officially released yet but came across a thread with the following tracks being some of the ones listed.

Ladytron - Ace of Hz
    The Pinker Tones - Sampleame
    Ram di Dam - Flashbacks
    Adrian Lux - Can't Sleep
    El Bombo - Choc Quib Town
    Charlotte Gainsbourg - Trick Pony
    Gorillaz - Rhinestone Eyes
    The Black Keys - Tighten Up

This year obviously one of the big things is customisable audio and chants etc within the game. So you can put your own music in for the menus and then add in chants or music for when teams come out on the pitch or you score a goal etc.

Aye,cheers for that man,had heard about the custom soundtacks,which i am delighted about (tom hark will be played when i score a goal).

Looking down the list of tunes there I instantly thought "shíte".......which is what i done before '10 came out,only to dl the soundtrack later on and love it! :p

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    6:45 indicates it could be another frustrating year of screaming at the goalie (though at least he saved it)

And i must agree here,even though in an optimists point of view that is "creating a degree of error"
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

This fella seems to have all the fifa 11 songs uploaded.

http://www.youtube.com/user/mihainaidin#p/u

I wonder what the "upload your own chants" thing will be like. Would be pretty cool to have the anfield crowd belting out a proper rendition of Youll never walk alone, or the torres song etc.

I assume they will only work on your own console and you wont be able to show your friends during a friendly or ranked match.

Would be a pretty cool thing to come across random players who have uploaded bizzare football chants if they were hosting.

• Advertisement

I wonder what the "upload your own chants" thing will be like. Would be pretty cool to have the anfield crowd belting out a proper rendition of Youll never walk alone, or the torres song etc.

I assume they will only work on your own console and you wont be able to show your friends during a friendly or ranked match.

Would be a pretty cool thing to come across random players who have uploaded bizzare football chants if they were hosting.

Ya i'm curious about the chants part. Where will you download them, and will they need to be studio recorded like you see in the clip or will people be able to make their own. Want to know more on this.

Advertisement