Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 11 - Main Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

How the fúck does kyrgiakos get 78??? :confused::confused:

Suits him to be honest. Hes been one of our best players the last while, at the same time hes no world beater.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,988 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Ratings are just averages or general numbers though so complaining about them is silly. You could have two players rated 80 and one plays miles better because he may have more better stats for passing or speed whereas the other might have high balance and aggression, so comparing similar numbered players is impossible. Until you see all their stats complaining about underrating is a bit silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

dont see why people are complaining, those ratings seem about right to me. Liverpool weren't exactly brilliant last season and I suppose those numbers reflect that.

Argh! Why do I care? they're only bloody numbers people, FIFA doesn't have an agenda against teams! (except Ireland, obviously :rolleyes: :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Ratings are just averages or general numbers though so complaining about them is silly. You could have two players rated 80 and one plays miles better because he may have more better stats for passing or speed whereas the other might have high balance and aggression, so comparing similar numbered players is impossible. Until you see all their stats complaining about underrating is a bit silly.

Massive +1. Arguing whether Vidic should be 85 or 86 overall, with absolutely no context....utter bollocks tbh.

Cheers Axwell for digging up & posting all the latest news/videos/interviews, it makes it dead handy to follow all the more important stuff regarding FIFA!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Well the stats are obviously not finalised yet, they will be subject to change until release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭bonkers

any ideas on whether fifa 11 is region free.. i think fifa 10 was not..

its out here in canada a few days before Europe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

PS3 games are region free as far as I know but not for the 360.

Lamposts wrote: »
    PS3 games are region free as far as I know but not for the 360.

This is true. All PS3 games are region free, 360 games are not.

But you also have to think of downloadable content.

The games are region locked only to downloadable content so if you get a Canadian copy of the game you can only download DLC from the Canadian playstation network.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bigred100

Scholes
    Short Pass - 89
    Long Pass - 91
    Vision - 94
    Long Shot - 85

Gerrard
    Short Pass -90
    Long Pass - 89
    Vision - 86
    Long Shot - 90

Lampard
    Short Pass - 90
    Long Pass - 94
    Vision - 89
    Long Shot - 92

Absolute bull, Lampard a better passer than Scholes??? :mad:

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Looking good. I like the new looks - bits of Championship Manager (news and the ability to check out other leagues) and bits of Pro Evo (half time score updates - finally!). Goalkeeper scoring achievement could be amusing. Specialities sound interesting.

Nice to see that there are benefits for finishing in positions. Was heartbreaking to do well with a poor team and get nothing. No chance for improvement!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

bigred100 wrote: »
    Scholes
    Short Pass - 89
    Long Pass - 91
    Vision - 94
    Long Shot - 85

Gerrard
    Short Pass -90
    Long Pass - 89
    Vision - 86
    Long Shot - 90

Lampard
    Short Pass - 90
    Long Pass - 94
    Vision - 89
    Long Shot - 92

Absolute bull, Lampard a better passer than Scholes??? :mad:

Agreed, where does vision come into the gameplay when in control of the player ? how does that effect gameplay when using scholes v lamps ? Will Scholes react quicker when you try and play a long ball etc ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

bennyc wrote: »
    Agreed, where does vision come into the gameplay when in control of the player ? how does that effect gameplay when using scholes v lamps ? Will Scholes react quicker when you try and play a long ball etc ?

If you see someone out wide on the flanks for example, and hold down pass slightly longer to give it extra power, your controlled player will pass it to someone else in a slightly different direction the way you're facing, thus effectivley not seeing the player you wanted to pass to.

SRFC90 wrote: »
    If you see someone out wide on the flanks for example, and hold down pass slightly longer to give it extra power, your controlled player will pass it to someone else in a slightly different direction the way you're facing, thus effectivley not seeing the player you wanted to pass to.

Is that a guess or fact?

Cause if you look at 10 for example some of the stats don't mean jack....

''short pass'' for example. You can pass it the same with a 1 star team as a 5 star, they don't lose the ball any quicker, maybe its linked entirely to ''through ball'' passing.

Also you can miss from 5 yards with anyone, doesn't matter if its Eto'o or some journey man, the shooting is pretty pathetic(some what sorted in the WC game, you can now turn onto your weaker foot and curl for the far corner, which having gone back to 10 again after 6mths never works)

Main differences i see are strength, speed, reactions.

Is that a guess or fact?

Cause if you look at 10 for example some of the stats don't mean jack....

''short pass'' for example. You can pass it the same with a 1 star team as a 5 star, they don't lose the ball any quicker, maybe its linked entirely to ''through ball'' passing.

Also you can miss from 5 yards with anyone, doesn't matter if its Eto'o or some journey man, the shooting is pretty pathetic(some what sorted in the WC game, you can now turn onto your weaker foot and curl for the far corner, which having gone back to 10 again after 6mths never works)

Main differences i see are strength, speed, reactions.

But if all this player personality, and passing stuff works the way it should those stats would hopefully make a big difference.

Below is the complete skills list for Fifa 11. A nicely formatted and printable/downloadable version is available on google docs here

Note: you need to hold down the LT (L2) to carry out all of the following moves.

* denotes skill moves that are new in Fifa 11.

Level 1

Ball Juggle (while standing) - tap RB (R1)

Level 2

Body Feint Right - flick right stick right
    Body Feint Left - flick right stick left
    Stepover Right - rotate right stick from up to right
    Stepover Left - rotate right stick from up to left
    Reverse Stepover Right - rotate right stick from right to up
    Reverse Stepover Left - rotate right stick from left to up
    Ball Roll Right - hold right stick right
    Ball Roll Left - hold right stick left
    Drag Back (while standing) - hold right stick back

Level 3

Heel Flick - flick right stick up then down
    Flick Up - flick right stick up then up then up
    Roulette Right - rotate right stick clockwise from down to right
    Roulette Left - rotate right stick anti-clockwise from down to left
    Fake Left & Go Right - rotate right stick anti-clockwise from left to right
    Fake Right & Go Left - rotate right stick clockwise from right to left

Level 4

Ball Hop (while standing) - press right stick in
    Heel to Heel Flick - flick right stick up then down
    Simple Rainbow - flick right stick down then up
    Advance Rainbow - flick right stick down then hold up then flick up
    Feint Left & Exit Right - rotate right stick anti-clockwise from left to right
    Feint Right & Exit Left - rotate right stick clockwise from right to left
    Stop & Turn Right (while running) * - flick the right stick up then right
    Stop & Turn Left (while running) * - flick the right stick up then left
    Ball Roll Cut Right Hold Right * - hold right stick left, hold left stick right
    Ball Roll Cut Left Hold Left * - hold right stick right, hold left stick left

Level 5

Elastico - rotate right stick clockwise from right to left
    Drag Back Fake & Exit Left (while standing) - rotate left stick from down to right to down to left
    Drag Back Fake & Exit Right (while standing)- rotate left stick from down to left to down to right
    Heel Chop Right (while running) - flick right stick diagonal down-right
    Heel Chop Left (while running) - flick right stick diagonal down-left
    Scoop Turn Right (while standing) - flick right stick diagonal up-right
    Scoop Turn Left (while standing) - flick right stick diagonal up-left
    Hocus Pocus - rotate right stick
    Triple Elastico - rotate right stick from down to right to down to left
    Ball Roll & Flick Right (while running) - hold right stick left then flick right
    Ball Roll & Flick Left (while running) - hold right stick right then flick left
    Sombrero Flick (while standing) - flick right stick up then up then down
    Turn & Spin Right - flick right stick up then right
    Turn & Spin Left - flick right stick up then left
    Boll Roll Fake Right (while standing) - hold right stick right then flick left
    Ball Roll Fake Left (while standing) - hold right stick left then flick right
    Robona Fake (while sprinting) - press X (□) or B (O) then A (X) and flick left stick down
    Quick Ball Rolls * - hold right stick down
    Double Touch Stepover Exit Stepover * - perform a stepover then exit at 45 degrees

Level 5 (while juggling)

Laces Flick Up - hold RB (R1)
    Sombrero Flick Backwards - hold left stick down
    Sombrero Flick Right - hold left stick right
    Sombrero Flick Left - hold left stick left
    Around The World - rotate right stick 360 degrees
    Hop the World - hold left stick in and rotate right stick 360 degrees
    In Air Elastico - flick right stick right then left
    Flick Up For Volley - hold left stick up
    Chest Flick - flick left stick up, press left stick in, press right stick in x3
    T. Around The World - rotate right stick 360 degrees then flick up

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

All I want for (Fifa) Christmas is this:

Sprinting to feel like it actually tires players out. Pressing the person in possession with 2 players all the time should have an effect over the game. Likewise sprinting the whole time with ronaldo... doesn't he tire?

Second, no finesse shooting. Honestly, it doesn't take skill to simply hold down an extra button as you shoot, so you shouldn't be rewarded with a better result.

Manual passing improvements - one or two bugs still in fifa 10. Also, I know it won't be in it, but to encourage more people to take responsibility for their passing and go manual, more ranked points should be given to people who play manual. I don't personally care about rankings, but its the only way to get through to the player base at large.

Better implementation of the d-pad for pressing. I find that whenever someone's 1-0 up passing it around the back, I find it hard to get more than one player even near the ball to give me a chance to get it back. While ye can't stop people passing around the back, you can make it easier to get a couple of players up to pressure em.

More clarity in the heading. I found in all the fifas including 10, that I didnt really know what I was doing when challenging in the air. It's not really documented or spoken about. Most of the time for me it's a lottery.

Personality + applying to all teams. I have this vision that the big teams will have loadsa personality and variety that ye can see. Then like the player models and animations, the mediocre teams have stock john o sheas with different colour hair.

I just want a level playing field and rewards for people who have a football brain.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

All I want for (Fifa) Christmas is this:

Sprinting to feel like it actually tires players out. Pressing the person in possession with 2 players all the time should have an effect over the game. Likewise sprinting the whole time with ronaldo... doesn't he tire?

Second, no finesse shooting. Honestly, it doesn't take skill to simply hold down an extra button as you shoot, so you shouldn't be rewarded with a better result.

Manual passing improvements - one or two bugs still in fifa 10. Also, I know it won't be in it, but to encourage more people to take responsibility for their passing and go manual, more ranked points should be given to people who play manual. I don't personally care about rankings, but its the only way to get through to the player base at large.

Better implementation of the d-pad for pressing. I find that whenever someone's 1-0 up passing it around the back, I find it hard to get more than one player even near the ball to give me a chance to get it back. While ye can't stop people passing around the back, you can make it easier to get a couple of players up to pressure em.

More clarity in the heading. I found in all the fifas including 10, that I didnt really know what I was doing when challenging in the air. It's not really documented or spoken about. Most of the time for me it's a lottery.

Personality + applying to all teams. I have this vision that the big teams will have loadsa personality and variety that ye can see. Then like the player models and animations, the mediocre teams have stock john o sheas with different colour hair.

I just want a level playing field and rewards for people who have a football brain.

Funnily enough, those are the almost exact improvements those who have played the game say have made it better. I think some of them are going to be on the back of the box like.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Below is the complete skills list for Fifa 11.

Thanks for that! Is it going to be camera relative again though (:() or can you flick the stick right facing any direction and get the skill move you were actually looking for...

Though I know this "improvement" that I want would actually make skill moves less skilled!

🤪

• Advertisement

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Thanks for that! Is it going to be camera relative again though (:() or can you flick the stick right facing any direction and get the skill move you were actually looking for...

Though I know this "improvement" that I want would actually make skill moves less skilled!

The skills are a waste of time, i've never played anyone that could use them effectively to some form of advantage.

Fake shot and skilled dribble(L2 + R2) are all you need IMO

The skills are a waste of time, i've never played anyone that could use them effectively to some form of advantage.

I can use the 360 spin to great effect. Same with the flick of the right stick to round a player.

bigred100 wrote: »
    I can use the 360 spin to great effect. Same with the flick of the right stick to round a player.

The flick of the right stick was a given, everyone uses that.
    Just don't see any benefit to the other moves, if you stand off the player who trys a lot of them they just run into you, i find it a lot better to run at people with quick changes of direction and using the shuffle(L2+R2) to put them off my route.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BigBenRoeth

Big +1 there.

most of the saddos who try to use skills end up just twiddling the right stick randomly and running out of play/into a defender

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Some people can use them to devestating effect. Ever seen any of Hjerpseth's videos?

I use the heel-chop, ball-roll, roulette and hocus pocus every now and again. Most are ineffective and purely for showboating.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Some people can use them to devestating effect. Ever seen any of Hjerpseth's videos?

I use the heel-chop, ball-roll, roulette and hocus pocus every now and again. Most are ineffective and purely for showboating.

that lad is a prick - that's all he is :p:p:p him and his fluky 40 yard volleys after getting lucky flicking the right stick in some random way...

but on a serious note - it'd be hilarious if I ended up meeting him in a game online :o:o:o 40-0 wouldn't probably be anything close to the final score and I probably wouldn't be even able to get enough lads sent off to forfeit the game either :o:o:o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BigBenRoeth

I bet he's one of them spas who constantly hold O and X when not on the ball and stand in front of every goal/free kick too.

That video just makes me want to play FIFA 10 now. Anyone fancy a bit of rape?!

Anyone using the Creation Centre online? I'm finding it a bit limited, bit of a waste really. The players you can create all more or less look the same facially, the only differences being in hair and facial hair.

Bit crap really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

That video just makes me want to play FIFA 10 now. Anyone fancy a bit of rape?!

You mean like the last game we played where I beat you 7 or 8 nil? Your arse must of been very sore after that. :pac:

Advertisement