Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** QUESTIONS *** All non specific gig questions in here.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Any one know if you can pay on tickermaster.ie with a laser card?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Stevo2007

Any one know if you can pay on tickermaster.ie with a laser card?
    Yep they accept laser

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭JaneWillow

Hey I'm looking for a small venue (50-100 capacity) in Dublin City Centre to do a singer-songwriter-gig in?

Does anyone know about a good and cheap venue?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

Hey, does anyone know why Heineken is the only beer served at concerts, only been to a few but its always just Heineken!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Hey, does anyone know why Heineken is the only beer served at concerts, only been to a few but its always just Heineken!

Depends on the concert and the venue. But Heineken would most likely have a marketing deal with the venues or events you attended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Ilikemusiclots

Hi, does anyone know how strict the INEC Killarney are with the over 18's policy? Would ID be needed, or is it okay with a parent/guardian? Thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 SouthlandKarma

Hey does anybody know of any upcoming gig opportunities ?

I am in a grunge-ish band, 20-22 yrs old and looking to gig again after a busy summer not gigging.

Based in Dublin.

Any help would be appreciated.

www.myspace.com/southlandkarma

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭green day rule

is it worth it to get tickets off of ebay for the red hot chilli peppers i really like them but it sold out in a minute :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

JaneWillow wrote: »
    Hey I'm looking for a small venue (50-100 capacity) in Dublin City Centre to do a singer-songwriter-gig in?

You could try the Good Bits?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 lawyer?

Does anyone know what gig was on that night? Seemed to be a young crowd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭whelanslive

JaneWillow wrote: »

Hello there. Whelans do a singer/songwriter night upstairs every Monday. If you're looking to get on the bill or possibly even discuss doing your own show there just send a mail to songcycle@whelanslive.com.

Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Mad about Music

It depend on what gig it is?? If it is over18 they will ask for ID but if you are 16 going in with a parent is usually ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Anyone able to recommend parking near The Academy? Street parking is fine if there's something near. It'll be from 7-10ish on a Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭levi

Anyone ever had a restricted view ticket on the balcony in Vicar St? How restricted is the view? Thinking of going to a stand up there and these are the only tickets left... just wanna know if they'll be awful before I go and book them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭novarock

levi wrote: »
    Anyone ever had a restricted view ticket on the balcony in Vicar St? How restricted is the view? Thinking of going to a stand up there and these are the only tickets left... just wanna know if they'll be awful before I go and book them!

I imagine these are the seats on the blacony either side of the stage. If you are right againt the wall you will see nothing on your side, but as long as the comics stay front and centre you will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Is it only a recent change that your name is printed on all concert tickets.

I bought my ticket for Katy Perry yesterday and when the woman at the counter asked me for my name so she could put it on my ticket.

It was the first time this ever happened when I bought my RHCP ticket but now it seems to happen everytime I buy a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Kiwi J wrote: »
    Anyone know if the view from the unreserved seating in the NCH is any good?

Yes its good there and depending on the gig/concert its nice to be behind hte stage for a change. get a different perspective on things.

One trick i'll tell you if you're stuck for money one week is that if you want to catch say for example a symphony from the National Symphony Orchestera you can get there at half time (approx 9pm) and just walk straight into reserved seating. They only chech the tickets at the start (8pm).

Give it a go ;)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Does anyone know if Ticketmaster will swap standing tickets for seating? I have two standing for tonight, but need three sitting instead.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭ElvisChrist6

I lost my age card, will the Button Factory accept my passport as ID? I hear some places don't!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,626 ✭✭✭bren2001

I lost my age card, will the Button Factory accept my passport as ID? I hear some places don't!

Everywhere accepts yours passport as ID.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭ElvisChrist6

bren2001 wrote: »
    Everywhere accepts yours passport as ID.

Thanks! I thought I remembered a sign last time saying they only accept age cards!

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

Hi,
    Does anyone know if there is a bus organised from Galway or Mayo to the Red Hot Chilli Peppers and back.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

or does anyone know what time RHCP show will be over at?

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭teddy_303

Hi. I have bought 2 print your own emailed tickets from ticketmaster, but cannot attend. I need to know what is the best way to sell on these tickets please? Seek hard copy tickets in exchange, or are they good to sell just printed out?

Any help much appriciated thank you...

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭JaneWillow

Hello there. Whelans do a singer/songwriter night upstairs every Monday. If you're looking to get on the bill or possibly even discuss doing your own show there just send a mail to songcycle@whelanslive.com.

Cheers!

Thanks for the tip. I gig around at the open mics, but was looking to a real 2 hour gig. I ended up doing it in the Twisted Pepper, great venue. Jane

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭tartlet

Hoping to get a ticket for the concert (they were still available on ticketmaster a while ago!). I will be heading to it on my own, but cant make up my mind on seated or standing - I havnt been to a concert in Croke Park before.

Also, will be staying at hotel on Stephen Street Lower, I presume from Westmoreland St to hotel will be a safe enough walk for a woman on her own after the concert (sorry if thats a stupid question :o) ?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

Trying to get standing tickets for a couple of gigs that are coming up and am wondering how do I get them.
    I see on the map of the place there is 'the circle', 'the upper circle' and standing. In the ticket options on the side there is also 'the stalls' and restricted view options.

Where are the Standing Tickets and how does one go about getting some?

Thank you please

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Click on the left hand menu where it says 'Best Available' and you will see options, if you want Ground Floor Standing hit that and enter the amount of tickets you want;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Meant to say, if the gig is all seated...you'll only have the option of Stalls (seats on the ground floor), Circle is the next tier of seating and Upper Circle is top tier. The restricted views in the Stall section usually have a red triangle of seats on the map that obstruct your view because of the pillars in the venue, these are usually cheaper seats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

Thank you. In the 'best available' option there is no standing tickets there. Maybe the gigs (Ocean Colour Scene and Australian Pink Floyd) are all seated

Advertisement