Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** QUESTIONS *** All non specific gig questions in here.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Just check now..

Aussie Pink Floyd is all seated, OCS is standing/seated. PM me if you want any more help;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

What's it like? I'm thinking of buying a ticket to see the Darkness but there only seems to be upper circle tickets left. I've never been in that section, what's it like? Is it seated? What's the view like?

I was only in the upper circle for one gig, and didn't like it...yes, it is seated but you'll be looking down at the tops of their heads....I suppose if you're very keen to go , it's an option....but I would look at the links below to see If I could get a ticket for a better view.Good luck;)

http://http://www.toutless.com/viewforum.php?f=1&sid=5f4f045f502da170c958a8736ff51469

http://http://www.adverts.ie/for-sale/tickets/62

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Was i the upper circle on Weds last. You can see but it's not great. If everybody is seated (as opposed to jumping up and down) I would recommend going a few rows back from front.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Not too keen on the Upper Circle either tbh. Wouldn't mind if it was a West End style production but for a live gig, I'd avoid it personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭dedon

I'm afraid it is pretty crap. If it is unreserved seating, get in early and get the front seats.

If you are at the back you can't see a thing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Savman wrote: »
    Not too keen on the Upper Circle either tbh. Wouldn't mind if it was a West End style production but for a live gig, I'd avoid it personally.

I've been in the Upper Circle 3 times, once for a play and twice for a gig. It was kind of annoying for the play because there was some stuff in the background you couldn't see. I didn't mind it too much for the gigs, especially for Florence + The Machine. The gig was so good, it didn't feel like I was in the Upper Circle at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Haven't been to a concert at the olympia in years - can anyone confirm (either from personal or anecdotal experience) are they ok with bringing in cameras ?

Not a camera phone to record the whole thing but I am talking about a digital SLR with a big lens ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

more than likely you will meet problems when they see an SLR with a fu*koff lens.
    Maybe contact the promoter of the gig to find out more, maybe request a press pass or something like that.
    Also the folks over at the Photography forum will know more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Anything with a detachable lens is considered a professional camera at concerts so it won't be allowed in, if you really want it bring in something like a 50mm and put it under a jacket or similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Olivia_D

Hi guys, does anyone know how to get a job in the O2 doing tickets, working at the stands/shops, selling drinks around the arena? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭lavine7

Anyone know how to get these? I was there for The Naked and Famous last night and some people gave their name inside the door to be given a wristband that allowed access into the pit area. I'm going to The Coronas in December in the same venue and was wondering how I might be able to get myself down for these wristbands!

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Olivia_D wrote: »
    Hi guys, does anyone know how to get a job in the O2 doing tickets, working at the stands/shops, selling drinks around the arena? Thanks!

Ring them and ask: http://www.theo2.ie/contact-us/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

lavine7 wrote: »
    Anyone know how to get these? I was there for The Naked and Famous last night and some people gave their name inside the door to be given a wristband that allowed access into the pit area. I'm going to The Coronas in December in the same venue and was wondering how I might be able to get myself down for these wristbands!

Thanks!

Get there early and queue up. You can just walk in and up to the bouncers at the front area and they hand them out.

Once you've got them you're set - you can get up and down to the bar really easily along the side (which is always kept clear) without the hassle of pushing through the crowd with your pints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ms_jennifer

hey,

ive jst bein told that 1 direction are going to be at jedwards family fun day this sunday!!! is this true?? i heard they are goin 2 be here like in ireland but does anyone no if they are goin to the basketball arena in tallagh???!!

please some1 wb! <3 i only joined this to ask so plz wb cos i love 1 direction!!

jen xxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Rogpodge

Does anyone know if you can buy a seated ticket in the O2 and then just get into the standing area. Ive only been there once with a standing ticket and from what I remember it was really open so I assume you would be able.

Anyone ever done it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Rogpodge wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can buy a seated ticket in the O2 and then just get into the standing area. Ive only been there once with a standing ticket and from what I remember it was really open so I assume you would be able.

Anyone ever done it?

Possible but not easy, they check tickets at entrance to standing area, but I managed to do it once or twice when they were distracted with other punters

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Rogpodge wrote: »

Anyone ever done it?

You could ask the O2 angels at the desk if anyone wants to swap tickets. We were looking for seated tickets for Rihanna and would have swapped our standing ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Rogpodge

Thanks guys! Gonna risk it and get standing tickets for Kasabian Saturday night I reckon, dont fancy sitting for it so will hopefully work something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Rhiannon.x

Hey guys,

I'm going to see Foster The People on Monday and we have tickets for the circle as there was none for standing left. I'm just wondering has anyone ever gotten into standing with a seated ticket or do you think if we arrive early enough in the queue they might allow us to stand?

Thanks a million for the help.

xo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Rhiannon.x wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I'm going to see Foster The People on Monday and we have tickets for the circle as there was none for standing left. I'm just wondering has anyone ever gotten into standing with a seated ticket or do you think if we arrive early enough in the queue they might allow us to stand?

Thanks a million for the help.

xo

More than likely no.

You will have to go up there but may be able to sneak down. It's a lot harder to do in the Olympia than in Vicar Street though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Rhiannon.x

More than likely no.

You will have to go up there but may be able to sneak down. It's a lot harder to do in the Olympia than in Vicar Street though.

Alrighty, well thanks for the help. Hopefully we'll find some way anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,888 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Hi, I'm planning on going to a gig at the Button Factory tomorrow evening to see Thurston Moore play.

I've never been there before so I'm just wondering what to expect. So, if you have gone there before what is it like and is it a good venue for live music? Also, the doors open at half 7 so what time should i expect the show to end at?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 JordyWordy

Good venue, but can get very full very quick. so get n early and get yourself a spot near the front, it can get very chatty in the back half (nearer the bar)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

If it's a big crowd, the place can be extremely hot!! Dress lightly and leave coat at the cloakroom!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Great little venue, have been there three times recently to see Stephen Malkmus, Battles and Yuck. Support acts tend to begin at half 8 with the main band starting at half 9. Usually ends around 11!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Very very sweaty, they have air conditioning but they don't seem to use it. Its a decent little venue apart from that if the crowd are into it, nightmare if you get a chatty crowd! (As has been said before, get near the front to stop this!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Moved to Gigs & Events.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

tall firs are due on at around 8pm tonight. Be aware that it will be noisy at the back as this is where the clowns who talk all through gigs in the button factory cluster together

Advertisement