Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** QUESTIONS *** All non specific gig questions in here.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭malcolmplex

I've been to a couple of gigs there lately,and the sound had been top notch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭iheartthailand

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with getting replacement tickets from ticketmaster? lost my tickets (bought online) and gig is on Tuesday.

thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with getting replacement tickets from ticketmaster? lost my tickets (bought online) and gig is on Tuesday.

thanks!

Just phone them and say they've not turned up, you'll prob have to pick them up at Box Office though

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭BlueIsland

Can somebody tell me can you buy english tickets on ticketmaster.ie? Am I better off going on ticketmaster.co.uk? thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 chibiduku

Hey! New to these boards, so bare with me! :p
    I'm just after getting tickets to Olly Murs for Christmas (early days I know!) in the O2 Dublin in February.
    The only ones left were:
    Seat location: section BLOCKH, row 53, seats 49-50
    Could someone show me on the seating plan on the O2 website where abouts these seats are? I'd do it myself only I don't understand the rows from the seat numbers... (bit slow at these things!!)
    Please help me out if you can, and if you know if they're decent enough seats?

• Advertisement

Hey! New to these boards, so bare with me!
    I'm just after getting tickets to Olly Murs for Christmas (early days I know!) in the O2 Dublin in February.
    The only ones left were:
    Seat location: section BLOCKH, row 53, seats 49-50
    Could someone show me on the seating plan on the O2 website where abouts these seats are? I'd do it myself only I don't understand the rows from the seat numbers... (bit slow at these things!!)
    Please help me out if you can, and if you know if they're decent enough seats?

BlueIsland wrote: »
    Can somebody tell me can you buy english tickets on ticketmaster.ie? Am I better off going on ticketmaster.co.uk? thanks.
    Yeah! Best going to the .co.uk website!

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

You are in the balcony at the side, i marked it red for you.

12901s.jpg

Thank you SO much!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭I_ENJOY_BATHS

I'm going to see Bombay Bicycle Club tomorrow night (6th Dec) in Vicar st., as I've never been to a gig in the venue before I had a couple of questions;

how long would it take to walk from O'Connell st. to Thomas st.? would it be more worthwhile getting a 123 or something?

And also, the gig is over 14s, but on the ticket it states that under 18s must be accompanied by an adult, myself and my girlfriend are going, we are both 16, will this be a problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Warrior011

Has anyone used bandstand.ie? are they safe/ reliable?

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

I'm going to see Bombay Bicycle Club tomorrow night (6th Dec) in Vicar st., as I've never been to a gig in the venue before I had a couple of questions;

how long would it take to walk from O'Connell st. to Thomas st.? would it be more worthwhile getting a 123 or something?

And also, the gig is over 14s, but on the ticket it states that under 18s must be accompanied by an adult, myself and my girlfriend are going, we are both 16, will this be a problem?

From O'Connell Street about 15/20 minutes depending how fast you walk. Sometimes the 123 doesn't go all the way up, it stops at a terminus at Parnell Street sometimes. You should be grand getting in.

Warrior011 wrote:
    Has anyone used bandstand.ie? are they safe/ reliable?

I've not used it myself but bands promote using it (Aslan I've seen only the other day) So I'm imagining it is safe to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Warrior011

CiaranK wrote: »
    From O'Connell Street about 15/20 minutes depending how fast you walk. Sometimes the 123 doesn't go all the way up, it stops at a terminus at Parnell Street sometimes. You should be grand getting in.

I've not used it myself but bands promote using it (Aslan I've seen only the other day) So I'm imagining it is safe to use.

thanks for that, it was actually the aslan gig i wanted to book tickets for but wasn't sure because i'd never heard of it before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

Anyone know the price of a pint in the Olympia heading to Trailer park boys next week thank you very much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 imkayleigh

Anyone have any suggestions of good venues/pubs to play (paid gigs) around Dublin/Kilkenny/Kildare/Laois?? Or anywhere close to these areas? I'm from Carlow, and in college in Maynooth. Traveling to gigs shouldn't be a problem provided they're not more than 2 hours away.
    Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭gussieg

Hi,
    bought this deal back in september, its valid til end of february next year, and i am lookin for two tickets for sinead o connor on sunday night at the olympia for my mothers christmas present.

this is what she would like rather than the night in a hotel.
    any offers ?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭whatislife

Any good gigs taking place in January 2012?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

gussieg wrote: »
    Hi,
    bought this deal back in september, its valid til end of february next year, and i am lookin for two tickets for sinead o connor on sunday night at the olympia for my mothers christmas present.

this is what she would like rather than the night in a hotel.
    any offers ?

You might be better off going to toutless.com with that offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭datk

Looking for information on Whelan's. I've never been and I was wondering what the venue is like - is it sitting around tables or standing listening to the gig or is it a full on theatre style seated venue? What's the usual capacity? Tickets are around €20 and are listed as 'general admission'.

Any concert I've been to over the last few years have been in The Point or Croke Park so I've completely lost any sense of what the smaller gigs are like :o. Any info would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,790 ✭✭✭hynesie08

datk wrote: »
    Looking for information on Whelan's. I've never been and I was wondering what the venue is like - is it sitting around tables or standing listening to the gig or is it a full on theatre style seated venue? What's the usual capacity? Tickets are around €20 and are listed as 'general admission'.

Any concert I've been to over the last few years have been in The Point or Croke Park so I've completely lost any sense of what the smaller gigs are like :o. Any info would be appreciated.

If it's the downstairs its basically a rectangle shape. Stage is at the top as and everybody stands. There is a little area to the side and a balcony but for the most part you'll be no more than 15-20 feet from the stage. Pretty good if you don't mind getting squashed and sweaty.

Edit: cap is 250/300 I think

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭kris44

Out of interest, does anyone know what MCD's process for choosing a support band is? Say a big touring band is coming to play Dublin, how do they go about choosing a local support?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Does anyone know how Vicar Street are on ID? I want to go to something there next month, I'm 18 so it won't be a problem for me, but my friend that's 17 also wants to come. Is it likely that she'd be checked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 caramello_

Hey, :)
    I got tickets for the Nero gig next month in the Academy... Y'see I've never been to the Academy (live far away from Dublin and could'nt pass Nero:P ) and I was just wondering how strict it is on ID? Im 17...

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Azuraiii

Title says it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭deisecelt

I bought tickets for a gig at the 02 from someone online and they turned out to be printouts as opposed to actual tickets. Is there a way of checking to see if there real?? Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 caramello_

Mr.S wrote: »
    Any time its a fully over 18's show the bouncers seem to be pretty strict and ID people. Though you might get lucky..
    what about a fake ID? I live in a small town not used to strict bouncers... :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Vile Regression

Could the mods let me where our thread for the paddys day gig is gone please?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭green day rule

Hey Do You Know If the academy are strict on the over 14's rule because i'm 13 and i'm going with my mate of the same age and we really wanna get in

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Hey Do You Know If the academy are strict on the over 14's rule because i'm 13 and i'm going with my mate of the same age and we really wanna get in

I've never seen them check it, unless you look very young. Especially if you're talking about the FA/JHAH show on Saturday at midday. (Midday! Wtf is that about?!!)

That said, I was 16 the first time I went there, so I was never asked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Not sure if this is old news or whether its correct or not.. but has the Savoy Theatre in Cork closed?

Its facebook and Twitter accounts haven't been active for a good while, and the website at http://www.savoytheatre.ie/ is dead!

Anyone know anything about this?

Advertisement