Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** QUESTIONS *** All non specific gig questions in here.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

I purchased two Tickets for the Jay-Z/Kanye West gig coming up in July through O2 Blueroom, However my nephew has decided that he would like to go also, Assuming I manage to get another Ticket when they go on sale Friday morning and I receive the tickets in the post with DIFFERENT entrances for the O2 Venue, will I be be able to enter on one door or will one of us have to use the other entrance? The tickets are standing if that makes a difference, I mean has anyone here entered the O2 at Entrance 2 with Entrance 1 Tickets? etc.. o.O

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

DC10555 wrote: »
    I purchased two Tickets for the Jay-Z/Kanye West gig coming up in July through O2 Blueroom, However my nephew has decided that he would like to go also, Assuming I manage to get another Ticket when they go on sale Friday morning and I receive the tickets in the post with DIFFERENT entrances for the O2 Venue, will I be be able to enter on one door or will one of us have to use the other entrance? The tickets are standing if that makes a difference, I mean has anyone here entered the O2 at Entrance 2 with Entrance 1 Tickets? etc.. o.O

If they're all standing tickets, you'll all be in the same section inside anyway, they just split the queue in two to make it quicker to get in.
    That said, my friend had an Entrance 3 ticket for Green Day but the rest of us had Entrance 1 - she just queued with us all day, handed her ticket over with all of ours and nothing was said. Might have just got lucky though, I have seen them check it and send people around the corner to the other entrance.

It's all the same inside though, so it won't be too disastrous if you get split up at the door. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

If they're all standing tickets, you'll all be in the same section inside anyway, they just split the queue in two to make it quicker to get in.
    That said, my friend had an Entrance 3 ticket for Green Day but the rest of us had Entrance 1 - she just queued with us all day, handed her ticket over with all of ours and nothing was said. Might have just got lucky though, I have seen them check it and send people around the corner to the other entrance.

It's all the same inside though, so it won't be too disastrous if you get split up at the door. :)

Yea I knew it was all the same inside on the floor, I was just hoping that one of us won' be sent to another other door, It would be a lot handier to all head in the one entrance, I'll probably just go in as a set of two, They can't really send a minor in without an adult anyway so surely they will have to let us in the same door.. Cheers for the reply :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 aoifemcelol

Hi does anyone have a link to the presale for the The throne kanye west and Jay z concert for June 9th. the preale started this morning! really want tickets xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

are there any bands/musicians/artists from Ballyfermot college of further education out there holding gigs in the near future? or anyone know any bands/musicians/artists from the college?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭whatislife

anyone know if there are any decent gigs on in london between the 23rd to the 29th of may in london apart from the horrors?

or know any decent websites that would give me info?

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

whatislife wrote: »
    anyone know if there are any decent gigs on in london between the 23rd to the 29th of may in london apart from the horrors?

or know any decent websites that would give me info?

cheers

http://www.pollstar.com/resultsCity.aspx?ID=67494&SortBy=Date&SearchBy=london

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I'm looking to buy a ticket to Swedish House Mafia in Phoenix Park for my daughter (17) from ticketmaster, but obviously I have to use my credit card to book them.

If my name automatically goes on the ticket, could this mean my daughter would get refused entry if she has to show ID to get in, as it's an over 17's gig... any help much appreciated before I commit to buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭green day rule

Why Doesn't The o2 Have A Pit AnyMore ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I'm looking to buy a ticket to Swedish House Mafia in Phoenix Park for my daughter (17) from ticketmaster, but obviously I have to use my credit card to book them.

If my name automatically goes on the ticket, could this mean my daughter would get refused entry if she has to show ID to get in, as it's an over 17's gig... any help much appreciated before I commit to buying.
    the name on the credit card/ticket won't make any difference to the actual person using it.
    it does for some extremely sought after gigs (where it will generally be explicitly stated), but not the Phoenix Park ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Why Doesn't The o2 Have A Pit AnyMore ?

The way the floor is laid out, you can't really get a massive crush going the way you used to, so I guess there isn't really a need for a barrier.

I love the layout of it now, btw.

The way the floor is laid out, you can't really get a massive crush going the way you used to, so I guess there isn't really a need for a barrier.

I love the layout of it now, btw.

But even in the new venue, they had pits for the first year or so. There was one there for Green Day in 2009. I don't know why they stopped (less work setting up maybe?), but I wish they didn't. Blink 182 (in late 2010) was the first one I was at without a pit and it was horrible! There was such a crush that lots of people (a few hundred) started moving backwards about two songs in, which just created a bigger crush in the middle. It was genuinely hard to breathe at times.

That said, I was also at Snow Patrol there recently with no pit, and that was totally fine. I guess it all depends on the band and their fanbase, but they should really gauge it. I swear that Blink gig was dangerous!

Oh, and they won't have a pit when it's not sold out. Acc to Wikipedia, 30 Seconds to Mars only had 4,000 in there and MCR only had 6000 (It holds 14000!), so that may be why. I wasn't at either of those two, mind, just examples.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I think it's great The Point no longer has a pit area. My first Point gig was Pearl Jam in 2000 and I went to see them twice before that in Wembley Arena. Wembley didn't have a pit and I showed up both nights as the opening band were finishing and got a decent spot for the gig.

I wasn't aware of the whole pit thing at the Point when I showed up the first time and it was a bit of a culture shock. At the other PJ gigs, I was used to roaming where I wanted to more or less but now I was stuck in the back because I didn't queue in front of the Point from 6am. They were giving out a few extra wristbands after I arrived but there was such a mad crush for them it wasn't worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 thepaddyfla

Any body got an idea of where i would get some good quality festival bunting and banners.
    its for a summer festival i'm looking to buy a large length.
    have googled it but only finding small packets of poor quality.
    Any help would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭sam_hain

Hope this is in the right area,

I booked tickets for a UK gig from ticketmaster.co.uk but as they are unable to guarantee the dispatch of the tickets before I leave Ireland they said that I could pick them up at the events box office.

Does anyone know if I will be entitled to my money back that I paid for the shipping of the tickets or as the receipt calls it, the Ups Overseas Secure Despatch(sic).

Sam

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Noelly

If you're getting O2 priority tickets, do you log onto Ticketmaster or the O2 Blueroom site in the morning?

If someone could answer before the night is out, would be a great help! Thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

O2 Blueroom. It'll redirect you to a specific part of Ticketmaster's website. I'm pretty sure if you try go through the regular ticketmaster site the codes won't work or that was my experience anyway a year or so ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Liam1000

Hi Guys,

Can you please tell me how to get to The Marquee in Cork? I'll be driving from Limerick.

Is parking provided at the venue?

I'm sorry for asking. I couldn't find directions on their website. I emailed Aitken Promotions and haven't had a response.

Thanks!

Liam

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Noelly

If you have a sat nav, put Pairc Ui Chaoihm into it as it's right next to that in the showgrounds.. If not, you'd easily find your way to it, it's just in the city beside one of the Quays.. Can't remember the exact directions, but it's walkable from the city centre!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭branbee

Dunno if this is the right place but i just wanna get some opinions from people who would know best. I've been looking into going to David guetta in marlay park but the thing is nobody i know would be interested in going with me. Now Im fine in my own company for most things but would i be mad going on my own when I've only ever been to concerts in the point and always with friends. Like i don't even know anything about the venue! Sorry its a bit of a strange question!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

branbee wrote: »
    Dunno if this is the right place but i just wanna get some opinions from people who would know best. I've been looking into going to David guetta in marlay park but the thing is nobody i know would be interested in going with me. Now Im fine in my own company for most things but would i be mad going on my own when I've only ever been to concerts in the point and always with friends. Like i don't even know anything about the venue! Sorry its a bit of a strange question!

In my opinion, once the concert begins then you really don't pay any attention to who is with you anyway. I'm usually so taken in by what is on stage that it makes no difference.

Now, if you intend on going early and soaking up the atmosphere, going for a few drinks etc etc then maybe a friend would be handy to have with you.

My advice, get your ticket, post in the David Guetta Marley Park thread and see who else is heading on their own to the gig and consider teaming up. Ye might strike up a "concert friendship" and have a great day. If not, then I would suggest attempting to get into the pit with the die-hard fans and get nice and close to the stage and have the time of your life. There will always be someone next to you to chat away with and jump around with etc etc!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭branbee

Thanks for the reply. Yeah that's a good idea, Im not the type of person who needs someone with me at events but considering its a huge venue where I've never been with a whole new atmosphere Im just a bit wary! Thanks for your input!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

branbee wrote: »

There's actually a website where you can see and arrange to meet up with other people going to gigs.

I've never used it or anything but it seems like a good idea if you wanted to meet up with other people.

The website is http://www.gigonometry.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

On the button factory:
    Anyone got any experiences picking up tickets? Is there an actual box office? if so, does it open any earlier than doors?
    wondering the differences between booking a ticket to pick up there or just buying one "on door"....(guessing just the service charge if even that)

would they check id before wherever you pick up/buy tickets..or? (i have valid id dw, just wondering :cool: :P )

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Marioda

hi guys, hope I'm not contravening any rules here but I have 2 tickets to Brit Floyd for friday night if anyone wants them for free pm me . doors open 6.30. must be quick as I will have to post them to you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Anyone know what the Unitarian church is like as a venue? What facilities are there considering it is a church and all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 EamonnTweets

I got my tickets to Lady Gaga in the aviva today. My seats are in Block 522 and in Row X. Just wondering what these seats are like? They seem quite high up, will I be able to see anything? I didnt choose them as I won the tickets..

Thanks for any Replies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Ladjacket

Hi

Not sure if this is the right place but if i bought tickets to an event in the O2 in October and wanted to sell the tickets closer the time if I am unable to go, is it ok to do this even though my name is on the tickets?

I bought tickets for a gig as I wanted the option of going before they sold out but in case I cant go and need to sell them, i am wondering is this possible. I went for the print tickets yourself option on ticketmaster so have it saved now on my computer, but just wondering if selling them is allowed if i cant go?

Thanks

Ladjacket wrote: »
    Hi

Not sure if this is the right place but if i bought tickets to an event in the O2 in October and wanted to sell the tickets closer the time if I am unable to go, is it ok to do this even though my name is on the tickets?

I bought tickets for a gig as I wanted the option of going before they sold out but in case I cant go and need to sell them, i am wondering is this possible. I went for the print tickets yourself option on ticketmaster so have it saved now on my computer, but just wondering if selling them is allowed if i cant go?

Thanks

Yes, you can sell them. Me & my friends have always bought tickets together, so some of my tickets have their names and vice versa. And when we were younger, we had to use our parents' cards to pay, so it was their parent's name on the ticket. We've never had any trouble with it.

The problem with paper tickets is that technically you could print off 40 of them, but only the first one to pass the scanners gets in. So people might be a bit wary of buying them, but usually it works out fine :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Anyone know if they still sell tickets there, not mentioned on Ticketmaster site anymore?

Advertisement