Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** QUESTIONS *** All non specific gig questions in here.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Anyone know if they still sell tickets there, not mentioned on Ticketmaster site anymore?

As Far AS I Know They Don't!
    Rang a few weeks a go and was told they weren't

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

As Far AS I Know They Don't!
    Rang a few weeks a go and was told they weren't

Thanks, mustn't have been worth their while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 cleynert

Hi, I have westlife tickets that i cant use. Does anyone know where I can sell them?

Ryan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

cleynert wrote: »
    Hi, I have westlife tickets that i cant use. Does anyone know where I can sell them?

Ryan

have a look at www.adverts.ie or www.toutless.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 48 outta

Hi Peeps

Anyone know ANYTHING about this insurance? do u need to actually buy it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

But even in the new venue, they had pits for the first year or so. There was one there for Green Day in 2009. I don't know why they stopped (less work setting up maybe?), but I wish they didn't. Blink 182 (in late 2010) was the first one I was at without a pit and it was horrible! There was such a crush that lots of people (a few hundred) started moving backwards about two songs in, which just created a bigger crush in the middle. It was genuinely hard to breathe at times.

That said, I was also at Snow Patrol there recently with no pit, and that was totally fine. I guess it all depends on the band and their fanbase, but they should really gauge it. I swear that Blink gig was dangerous!

Oh, and they won't have a pit when it's not sold out. Acc to Wikipedia, 30 Seconds to Mars only had 4,000 in there and MCR only had 6000 (It holds 14000!), so that may be why. I wasn't at either of those two, mind, just examples.

I was there for that Blink concert and I would definitely concur. Normally I'm hardy enough at concerts and can survive being up towards the front but at this one I made it to the end of the second song and started to retreat! I almost fell over, so that was when I called quits on the front, especially seeing as I was surrounded by people twice my size! Luckily there were a couple of friendly lads behind me who helped get me out when they saw me in distress!

Then when I went to the Gorillaz the following year the crowd was so relaxed that having a pit would be silly! So I guess it depends on the crowd. That Blink concert was the only gig I've been to in the 02 that I didn't feel totally safe at. All of the others were fine, minus the to-be-expected levels of crushing and stuffiness. =P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Hey all,

Bought tickets online from ticketmaster for a Darren Hayes gig in september at Vicar Street.

Its been about a week and haven't received any post.

Anyone know if Vicar Street gigs send out closer to the time, because with other venues I booked online, ticketmaster sent them out in only a few days.

karaokeman wrote: »
    Hey all,

Bought tickets online from ticketmaster for a Darren Hayes gig in september at Vicar Street.

Anyone know if Vicar Street gigs send out closer to the time, because with other venues I booked online, ticketmaster sent them out in only a few days.

It probably depends on the concert. I wouldn't worry about it just yet! My tickets usually take a few weeks to arrive!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

karaokeman wrote: »
    Hey all,

I think you've just been lucky the other times!

Ticketmaster often wait months before sending out tickets (unless you book close to the event). I've booked things in January and only received the tickets in April. In fact, you can't even contact them about it until a week before the event!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Maeveonnaise

Hey all,

I've recently bought tickets for Fun. who are playing in the Academy on October 6th. The thing is, it's an 18+ plus gig and I turn eighteen less than a month after the show.

Is there a high chance that I could be turned away?

I have no intention of buying/drinking any alcohol on the night but I do hope to queue a few hours in advance to guarantee myself a good spot. I'm going purely for the band and the only thing holding me back is the age restriction.

• Advertisement

Bit risky buying the tickets before inquiring about this sort of thing. o.O

They can be quite strict as has been said above, but if you already have the tickets then you may as well chance your arm and see if you can get in. So long as you don't look particularly young you stand a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Also there is never any point queuing for the Academy. You can show up when doors open and grap a front row spot no bother!

Also there is never any point queuing for the Academy. You can show up when doors open and grap a front row spot no bother!

Agreed! It's a small venue, easy enough to get up to the top and even if you don't you'll still have a great view!

Love the Academy!

And there is even less point in queuing for Academy 2 (the downstairs room). Why do people do that?! I've seen the same people at the top of the queue a few times, so it's not like they don't know what they're going to. It holds about 200 people and the band have to walk through the crowd to get to the stage! You do not need to queue!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

The MCD site says for The O2
    "Alcohol will not be served to anyone under the age of 21 years, identification will be required."

Is this true + they don't go by the standard legal 18 years? :( anyone got any experience with this?
    so annoying if true...

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

The MCD site says for The O2
    "Alcohol will not be served to anyone under the age of 21 years, identification will be required."

Is this true + they don't go by the standard legal 18 years? :( anyone got any experience with this?
    so annoying if true...

I've got served in there and I'm 19 :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Avox wrote: »
    I've got served in there and I'm 19 :confused:
    Thanks!
    Did seem very odd...

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭H1tmonlii

What's the story with smoking in the O2? I assume there's a smoking area there but is it always open or what?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

H1tmonlii wrote: »
    What's the story with smoking in the O2? I assume there's a smoking area there but is it always open or what?

yeah its always open but most people just smoke in there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

H1tmonlii wrote: »

There's a fenced in area outside near the jacks that's reserved for smokers. I don't think I've ever seen anyone smoke inside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 bladet1delta

Hi all,

I will be trying to buy o2 priority tickets tomorrow and I was just wondering if anybody knows if they take laser?

Thanks

Hi all,

I will be trying to buy o2 priority tickets tomorrow and I was just wondering if anybody knows if they take laser?

Thanks

As far as I know, its run through Ticketmaster (you log in through the O2 site and it directs you to a version of Ticketmaster) so you should be fine. There's list of what Ticketmaster accept here: http://onsale-ticketmaster.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22787/~/what-credit%2Fdebit-cards-do-you-accept%3F :)

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭RabbitHearted

Ok I have tickets to Lady Gaga inn the Aviva on the 15th September. Anyone know what the Aviva is like as a venue? We're in block 119(tiered seating) but we are hoping/praying for access to the monster pit if possible (I know that the pit is normally for standing tickets, but
    "a very limited amount of Monster Pit passes will be held and distributed at random each night for those who do NOT have GA floor tickets; these will be awarded at random to fans who have arrived first, waited longest, + dressed to “Ball” but do not have GA floor tickets"
    anyways my question is if we're queuing all day is it possible to leave(one at a time, with the other kinda 'saving your place', to use a kiddy term) for toilet etc?
    I've been to Florence + the machine in the o2, but we weren't queuing that long so I'm not sure what the proper etiquette is? (:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Ok I have tickets to Lady Gaga inn the Aviva on the 15th September. Anyone know what the Aviva is like as a venue? We're in block 119(tiered seating) but we are hoping/praying for access to the monster pit if possible (I know that the pit is normally for standing tickets, but
    "a very limited amount of Monster Pit passes will be held and distributed at random each night for those who do NOT have GA floor tickets; these will be awarded at random to fans who have arrived first, waited longest, + dressed to “Ball” but do not have GA floor tickets"
    anyways my question is if we're queuing all day is it possible to leave(one at a time, with the other kinda 'saving your place', to use a kiddy term) for toilet etc?
    I've been to Florence + the machine in the o2, but we weren't queuing that long so I'm not sure what the proper etiquette is? (:
    People usually do be sound enough about holding your place in line, provided that you do the same for them. The key is chat to the people around you in the queue, just be friendly and let them know if they need to use the bathroom or go grab a bite to eat, or even get a nap in the queue (essential for all night queuing) that you will look out for them if they return the favour. You could get the odd asshole but generally fans queuing out tend to look out for each other

• Registered Users Posts: 28 joeymaccy

just wondering if anyone know where abouts in the phoenix park the Stone Roses will be playing and which gate would be handiest to enter the park?
    ta.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 thecatburger

Going to be late for Christy Moore gig in marquee tonight. Could someone guess what time he'd be on stage if it says 8 on ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Alton_Dalton

joeymaccy wrote: »
    just wondering if anyone know where abouts in the phoenix park the Stone Roses will be playing and which gate would be handiest to enter the park?
    ta.

They are playing in Ashtown Demesne, between the Phoenix Monument and the Castleknock exit on the right hand side of Chesterfield Avenue as you head towards Castleknock.

http://www.phoenixpark.ie/media/Events2012-1.pdf

Not sure what gates will/will not be in operation on the day, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 gig_mad

Hi I'm going to book one ticket for the swedish house mafia gig in phoenix park on 7th july on the ticket master website, but all my friends have their tickets and i was wondering is there a specific gate entrance you must enter or can you enter any gate?

Also, i am only 16 years old and the gig is for over 17's with ID required, but all of my friends are 16 aswel and i am wondering will they be asking for id or will they be strict?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭harryd2

heard some talk about a festival in Ireland called lock stock (or something similar)
    Can't find anything on google..
    Anyone know what it might be?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Long Time Reader

can anyone tell me if its possible to get down to the standing area for a gig if you have seating tickets...

is it easy...

do security kick up a fuss.

cheers

Advertisement