Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** QUESTIONS *** All non specific gig questions in here.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Never been 02 but its easily done in other arena's if you pick the right time, Just hop the barrier and run like you're on fire into the crowd. You have to wait until there's a decent amount of people in the standing section but not too long until the security gets tighter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Long Time Reader

thanks.

i guess we'll pick are moment and go full ninja on the security barriers!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I've been to a few concerts at the O2 and in some cases there was no direct access between standing and seating areas. When this happens, the only way in is through the doors and it is not very likely that they will let you in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Let me know how you got on as I'd like to know myself, call me cheap but I always just purchase lower tier tickets and sneak into standing, saves me about 20 quid usually. I never understood how someone can go to lets say a Red Hot Chillis concert and sit in the higher stand as far back as possible and just sit down all concert. Baffles me

• Registered Users Posts: 6 GaryGrr

Hey all, I'm hoping to go an upcoming gig in Vicar Street theatre but I'm only 17 and I expect because of the open bar that the gig will be over 18s. Basically I'm wondering if anyone here whose been to gigs in Vicar Street, were you ID'd there? Whether you were over age or underage I'm just trying to see the likelihood of being asked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

No venue has a policy of being unstrict. It is pot luck and anyone telling you otherwise is basing it on a limited experience and is entirely subjective. They could look older or have got a different doorman than you will etc. etc.

Here is a formula:

%chance of being let in = "How obviously nervous you are about being asked" divided by "How much the doorman drank the night before" multiplied by "how many times someone has recently said on a public forum that the venue is easy on ID" multiplied by "a completely random and unknowable factor".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 307 ✭✭CodyJarrett

Just go up to the bar person and say:

"Christ the wife is wrecking my head. Give me a quadrupedal JD there please before I chuck her off the balcony".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,626 ✭✭✭bren2001

GaryGrr wrote: »
    Hey all, I'm hoping to go an upcoming gig in Vicar Street theatre but I'm only 17 and I expect because of the open bar that the gig will be over 18s. Basically I'm wondering if anyone here whose been to gigs in Vicar Street, were you ID'd there? Whether you were over age or underage I'm just trying to see the likelihood of being asked.

Never been Id'd went when I was 17, didn't get ID'd, usually they are sound enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

TheStook wrote: »
    Never been 02 but its easily done in other arena's if you pick the right time, Just hop the barrier and run like you're on fire into the crowd. You have to wait until there's a decent amount of people in the standing section but not too long until the security gets tighter.

Good luck hopping the barrier at the 02. If the full standing area is being used, it's a fair drop from the seating area. o.O

There are subtle ways of doing it. My friends once found a way to get down when I and some people were downstairs and they were upstairs. Can't post it publicly but it requires you know at least two people on the ground floor. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Good luck hopping the barrier at the 02. If the full standing area is being used, it's a fair drop from the seating area. o.O

There are subtle ways of doing it. My friends once found a way to get down when I and some people were downstairs and they were upstairs. Can't post it publicly but it requires you know at least two people on the ground floor. :p

Been there, Done it, worked a treat ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Hannigan675

Hi I'm going to book one ticket for the swedish house mafia gig in phoenix park on 7th july on the ticket master website, but all my friends have their tickets and i was wondering is there a specific gate entrance you must enter or can you enter any gate?

Also, i am only 16 years old and the gig is for over 17's with ID required, but all of my friends are 16 aswel and i am wondering will they be asking for id or will they be strict?
    Thanks

I'm wondering the same thing... just booked my ticket there and am kinda worrying whether they'll be strict when it comes to ID'ing... I'm 16 as well and don't wana miss out on their last concert in Ireland....

I'm wondering the same thing... just booked my ticket there and am kinda worrying whether they'll be strict when it comes to ID'ing... I'm 16 as well and don't wana miss out on their last concert in Ireland....

Generally they are sound. If you go up in a massive gang and look 16 then you will be asked. If you look respectable and look 17 you'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,888 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

I'll be up in Dublin on Wednesday. Any gigs going on that night that you'd recommend? Preferably in venues like the Button Factory or Whelan's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

TheStook wrote: »
    Let me know how you got on as I'd like to know myself, call me cheap but I always just purchase lower tier tickets and sneak into standing, saves me about 20 quid usually. I never understood how someone can go to lets say a Red Hot Chillis concert and sit in the higher stand as far back as possible and just sit down all concert. Baffles me

any gigs ive booked in the O2 the seating has been dearer than standing

any gigs ive booked in the O2 the seating has been dearer than standing

Stadium gigs, the standing is generally more expensive then the seats in the rear tier, too far from the stage.

Plenty of gigs in the o2 have had more expensive standing, McFly is the only one that comes to mind tho. It is generally the cheapest ticket to a gig tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Leah89

Hey guys,

does anybody know sth about the prices for the coldplay concert in Dublin?

Leah89 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

does anybody know sth about the prices for the coldplay concert in Dublin?

There is no scheduled gig for Coldplay to play Dublin or Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Leah89

Oh I thought there was.. I heard lots of rumours about it, but okay. Thank u :)

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭yoginindublin

Hi! Just one question to everyone with tickets that chose the mail option, did they send the tickets out already? Thanks!

Hi! Just one question to everyone with tickets that chose the mail option, did they send the tickets out already? Thanks!

Well I got an email about my V ticket yesterday saying it was posted. If your going to V, then yea!

What concert are you going too? Post in that thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Ladjacket

bought tickets for Kevin Bridges in OCtober but since buying I have got a visa to Oz and am going before the gig. I was thinking of just selling off the tickets to a mate, is this ok to do so?

Ladjacket wrote: »
    bought tickets for Kevin Bridges in OCtober but since buying I have got a visa to Oz and am going before the gig. I was thinking of just selling off the tickets to a mate, is this ok to do so?

Yeah, you're allowed sell tickets on at face value.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 fioc

I bought 2 tix for Darren Hayes Vicat st this sept....My other half has just booked holiday that clashes with the gig date..Anyone know if Ticketmaster accept returns/give refunds? Incidentally tix havent arrived as yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

fioc wrote: »
    I bought 2 tix for Darren Hayes Vicat st this sept....My other half has just booked holiday that clashes with the gig date..Anyone know if Ticketmaster accept returns/give refunds? Incidentally tix havent arrived as yet...

Unfortunately it looks as though you can't get a refund: http://onsale-ticketmaster.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22748/kw/refund

I guess the only way of getting some (or all) of the money back is by selling the tickets on to someone!

As of recently Ticketmaster have been offering ticket insurance on purchases. If you purchased this you would be eligible for a refund but this is the only circumstance.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Brother Psychosis

hey, three of my friends have tickets to black keys at the o2 next week. when they were booked, i wasnt able to go but plans have changed and now i can.

is it possible to either a) book a specific seat for myself beside them or b) for them to swap their tickets so that all four of us can sit together?

I'm afraid it isn't possible to book specific seats. Ticketmaster or the O2 won't help you with regards a swap but you might find someone online who is in the reverse situation (has 4 seats needs to get rid of one) if you are lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Anyone know what the hell theyre doing at the square in front of the O2 and when will they (ever) be finished?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Hoping someone can help me out with a Ticketmaster question.

I received tickets in the mail for a gig in dublin tomorrow night. I'm not going to it now and wish to sell them. Is there anyway to transfer this hard ticket to somebody electronically such as by giving them a certain number on the ticket?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Absurd

Just wondering is there an age limit to go to a gig in Cork Opera House

Advertisement