Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** QUESTIONS *** All non specific gig questions in here.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

m83 wrote: »
    Hoping someone can help me out with a Ticketmaster question.

I received tickets in the mail for a gig in dublin tomorrow night. I'm not going to it now and wish to sell them. Is there anyway to transfer this hard ticket to somebody electronically such as by giving them a certain number on the ticket?

Thanks.

It isn't possible

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Cheers Toast! Good to know.. I guess ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Absurd wrote: »
    Just wondering is there an age limit to go to a gig in Cork Opera House

Probably depends on the gig. When you go to book it on Ticketmaster, the age limit is usually in the top right corner, along with the date, price and door-opening times :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Absurd

Probably depends on the gig. When you go to book it on Ticketmaster, the age limit is usually in the top right corner, along with the date, price and door-opening times :)

Thanks for the help but the tickets are not available on ticketmasters website, only the opera house's.

Absurd wrote: »
    Thanks for the help but the tickets are not available on ticketmasters website, only the opera house's.

Ah, right. Your best bet is to email or call in in person and ask :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

Never been to the aviva yet......so just want to know what are the best seats in the aviva stadium esp for a sporting event > in the reasonably price range that is;) and what seats are best avoided

thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

The best seats for watching sport are the lower east and west tier, middle section (apart from Premium level). The view gets worse the higher you get from the pitch level. The lower seating in the third tier isn't too bad once you don't get seating too high (seating is slightly higher than Croker). The North and South stands wouldn't be the best seating, but they are generally the cheapest tickets, and work grand for the football matches. However, the same can't be said for rugby as you only see the back of the line of players.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭RnR

Best seats are at home with your telly.
    Best view in aviva is the exit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

I'd agree that the middle tier is the best. The top is too far away (but cheaper, so worth it if on a budget), lower is too low imo, very difficult to see across the pitch. For rugby, behind the posts, middle tier is good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,118 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I went to a lot of the Euro 2012 qualifiers sitting in the East Stand in about the 8th row. It's too low, difficult to see the action when it's not close to you. On top top of that it wasn't covered so if it rained you got wet. These were the premium €70 seats, definitely not worth the money. I'd much rather sit at the front of the top tier then be sitting at the front of the bottom tier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭FairCity12

If someone in England says they have tickets that you desperately need, how can you arrange to get them & pay for them without being scammed? Or can you? :(

We strongly advise against remote buying like this as you are counting entirely on trust.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Does anybody know the name of the band that played in Dame Lane last night? They also were playing in pacinos at about half 12... Cant find anything, would really like to see them again!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Reggy

Hi all,

Just wondering if anybody has ever used the above website? is it trustworthy?

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Reggy wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just wondering if anybody has ever used the above website? is it trustworthy?

Thanks in advance

You should take a look at this thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=72932730

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Anyone here going to Tenacious D in the O2 on the 20th? Can anyone shed light on the support act?

I see Neil Hamburger is in town again.

Edit: Background he was their support when they played the RDS and he was generally considered awful by most people there. Odd coincidence he's doing his own show only five days after them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Toast wrote: »
    I see Neil Hamburger is in town again.

Ah christ, he was awful when he supported them at the RDS

These are supporting the D

Haha. Edited the explanation before seeing your post. Glad we both used the same description there. Sample Neil Hamburger joke: "What did Santa get Paris Hilton for Christmas?" "AIDS!" That was actually the best joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Julius Seizure

What exactly is the age limit for? I'm 16 and want to go to the xx. they're quite an indie band and you wouldn't expect any hassle there, so whywhywhy is this 18 and other things like all time low 16? :mad: It's in the olympia, is it that they just have to say that or do you actually have to be 18 and they check it?

• Advertisement

Dubhaltach wrote: »
    What exactly is the age limit for? I'm 16 and want to go to the xx. they're quite an indie band and you wouldn't expect any hassle there, so whywhywhy is this 18 and other things like all time low 16? :mad: It's in the olympia, is it that they just have to say that or do you actually have to be 18 and they check it?

Usually it's not because they expect hassle, it's just that the conditions of their licence mean that if they want to serve alcohol, they have to make it 18+. This is the case in The Academy, for example - if it's 14+ or 16+, they can't open the bar.

That said, I have been to gigs in the Olympia where the bar was open even though it was a 14+ show. Possible change to licensing law? At the end of the day, they have to be careful - if an underage person was caught drinking there, they could lose their licence. It's really annoying for fans, but not a lot they can do. They could check (the Olympia are strict about other things like cameras) so it's a risk buying tickets.

Oh, and All Time Low is 16s because if it was 18s, there'd be no-one there :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Julius Seizure

Usually it's not because they expect hassle, it's just that the conditions of their licence mean that if they want to serve alcohol, they have to make it 18+. This is the case in The Academy, for example - if it's 14+ or 16+, they can't open the bar.

That said, I have been to gigs in the Olympia where the bar was open even though it was a 14+ show. Possible change to licensing law? At the end of the day, they have to be careful - if an underage person was caught drinking there, they could lose their licence. It's really annoying for fans, but not a lot they can do. They could check (the Olympia are strict about other things like cameras) so it's a risk buying tickets.

Thanks for that. Good reply. I just found it odd because looking at their website they said that almost all that events were 16 and that they have the bar separate.
    The majority of shows at The Olympia Theatre would be all ages, with Under 14's to be accompanied by an adult. Under 18's will not be allowed to gain access to the bars where alcohol is served, ID will be required to get into this area. There are shop facilities for Under 18's to get soft drinks and sweets.

Usually with younger patrons attending popular live standing concerts we would recommend you don't buy tickets for the standing section on the ground floor, but instead purchase seated tickets in either the Circle or the Upper Circle. Its not that this area would be unsafe, however there may be lots of people standing, with adults drinking alcohol out of plastic glasses, so younger patrons might be happier with a better view from the seats upstairs.

Please note, all late shows at The Olympia (doors open 11pm) would be Over 18's only events. ID will be required to gain access to the venue.

From time to time we may have a show that the promoters have deemed might not be suitable for those under the age of 16, but this would be noted on promoter's advertisements, and on the event details page on our website.

what's irritating me is how I could get into Swedish House Mafia, Chris Brown etc but not such a chill band simply because they wouldn't fill the o2.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Got seated tickets for 2ManyDJs in the Olympia, what are the odds of getting into the ground floor?

ED E wrote: »
    Got seated tickets for 2ManyDJs in the Olympia, what are the odds of getting into the ground floor?

Unless you're a woman with very large breasts who's not afraid to show some cleavage...not very good I would imagine. The 3 sections of the Olympia have 3 separate entrances and there's no public way that I've seen to get from one section to the other after you've entered the venue.

JJ wrote: »
    Unless you're a woman with very large breasts who's not afraid to show some cleavage...not very good I would imagine. The 3 sections of the Olympia have 3 separate entrances and there's no public way that I've seen to get from one section to the other after you've entered the venue.

Depends where your seats are, I accidently walked into the boxes once when I had standing tickets (took a wrong turn and no-one stopped me). Walked straight back out again though, so I don't know how long I would have been let stay there.

But unless you're in a box downstairs, I don't think you've any chance of getting into the standing area. Like JJ said, they all have seperate entrances and the standing area is usually full enough (overfilled IMO) as it is - they won't want any extra people in there for safety reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Opheliam

I want to get standing tickets for lana del rey in vicar street next may. I'll be 16 then but standing tickets are over 18. I'm often mistaken for being a college student so is there a good chance that ill be checked for ID ,are they quite strict for checking for ID in general ?

If I had a euro for every time somebody asked a question like that on here I'd be a millionaire.

There really should be a sticky. There are so many factors involved that trying to guess what will happen based on someone else experience is next to useless not that it really matters as people will generally make the decision to risk it regardless of what people say. The only fact is that no venue has a policy that is lenient.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Shreddy Krueger

Has anyone ever met any of the bands who have played the 02 ? If so where did you meet them/how long before or after the gig was it ? Ive heard that some people have met bands at the loading bay before/after the gig and sometimes at the doors beforehand. Im going to Muse tomorrow and would love if I could meet the lads.

• Advertisement

Has anyone ever met any of the bands who have played the 02 ? If so where did you meet them/how long before or after the gig was it ? Ive heard that some people have met bands at the loading bay before/after the gig and sometimes at the doors beforehand. Im going to Muse tomorrow and would love if I could meet the lads.

Mark Hoppus (blink 182) came out and handed out stickers to some of the people in the queue in 2010, about 2 hours before the gig. Was crap because he was on the opposite side of the queue to where I was (we were between railings, about 6 people across). That caused a major crush and then we had to spend the next two hours hanging over the railing at the side so that we could move our arms/breathe... Not so good! I don't recommend that route :P but it's the only example I have!

Advertisement