Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** QUESTIONS *** All non specific gig questions in here.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Long Time Reader

does anyone know if there is an organized party on after the brad paisley gig on the 13 th nov??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,888 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Anyone else going to see The Cribs on Thursday night?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lc180

Suas11 wrote: »
    Anyone else going to see The Cribs on Thursday night?

Really looking forward to it!

I've heard no talk or buzz about the gig at all, hopefully it's not half empty

I have unreserved upper circle for Ben Howard tomorrow night.

Is there usually a rush for decent seats or is it safe to go in an hour after doors open? I'm sure it's different for every gig but what do folks reckon?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

That probably depends on the crowd. If it's a younger crowd, there's probably going to be a rush on seats. Older crowds have been know to take their time getting to gigs. I think no matter what the crowd, at least a few of the best seats are taken early on in the Upper Circle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 BubblegumBitch

Is there a chance of meeting an act that's performing at Vicar Street before/after the gig? Me and my friends are going to see Lana Del Rey (who is a true artist and usually always takes time to see her fans before and/or after). But I just wanna be sure. Is there only one way in and out of the venue (like the Academy) ? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

Hi All
    Just got Neil Young tickets (woot)
    Just noticed that Mondial Missed Event Insurance has been added, which I DID NOT opt in for.
    Anyhow, I was ringing them as it says
    Mondial do offer a 14 day cooling off period in which you may cancel the cover and be refunded the charge paid provided that your event has not already taken place. You must however contact them directly on *****
    Problem is, this number got me through to a BMW Breakdown Service...
    Anyone have any ideal how to cancel this, cannot find an email for them either

HB

• Registered Users Posts: 6,626 ✭✭✭bren2001

hamsterboy wrote: »
    Hi All
    Just got Neil Young tickets (woot)
    Just noticed that Mondial Missed Event Insurance has been added, which I DID NOT opt in for.
    Anyhow, I was ringing them as it says

Problem is, this number got me through to a BMW Breakdown Service...
    Anyone have any ideal how to cancel this, cannot find an email for them either

HB

Ticketmaster pretick boxes sometimes. As far as I am aware the number is: 01 637 3617

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

Yep thats the number I tried :)

Weird no?

HB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭R019912

My friends bought seated tickets for Ed Sheeran but like an idiot I bought standing. My question is, if I swap standing for seated with someone, can I sit next to friends or are they strict on that? Thanks for any reply!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

R019912 wrote: »
    My friends bought seated tickets for Ed Sheeran but like an idiot I bought standing. My question is, if I swap standing for seated with someone, can I sit next to friends or are they strict on that? Thanks for any reply!

Nope someone else will have the seat beside them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

I'm bringing my 15 yr old daughter and her friend to Ed Sheeran in the o2 on Friday (followed guidelines for ticket sales to under age etc and bought 3 tickets).

Two questions (never been in the o2 before), is there a bar area for an old person like me to hang out rather than cramp their style? or

If I was to give my ticket to a friend of theres who is 16, would they be guaranteed entrance? or would it be more prudent for me to sit through it?

ps the tickets are seated if that helps to answer. I would be dropping them to the door and picking them up outside when it is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    I'm bringing my 15 yr old daughter and her friend to Ed Sheeran in the o2 on Friday (followed guidelines for ticket sales to under age etc and bought 3 tickets).

Two questions (never been in the o2 before), is there a bar area for an old person like me to hang out rather than cramp their style? or

If I was to give my ticket to a friend of theres who is 16, would they be guaranteed entrance? or would it be more prudent for me to sit through it?

ps the tickets are seated if that helps to answer. I would be dropping them to the door and picking them up outside when it is over.

They'd get in grand without you, they never actually check IDs or anything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Avox wrote: »
    They'd get in grand without you, they never actually check IDs or anything!

Thanks. My 18 yr son is half volunteering, and might count as an "adult" I suppose.

I'd imagine the restriction is more aimed at 10 yr olds etc.

Howjoe1 wrote: »

They tend not to ask for ID's but that doesn't mean they won't. Depends on the person on the night.

If by bar, you mean a place to sit down away from it all. No. You can buy alcohol at of course and not watch the concert. Be a long 90 minutes or so.

The other option of course is to go in with him and then you just leave and go around the corner, grab a drink and meet him afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Don't suppose there's any way of replacing a lost ticket?

I got it as a gift and the person bought it from tickets.ie using a credit card as far as I know. I checked their t and c's and they say they can't replace general admission tickets.

I would've thought it'd be fairly easy to do if the ticket was booked with a credit card by just cancelling that ticket. But maybe there's no such mechanism?

Or it is possible but they don't do it to prevent people from selling on ''lost'' tickets which are now cancelled?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Hobe this is the righ thread for this.

Does anyone know what the entry policy is for the Academy.My 15 year old and her friend wants to go to Pierce the Veil and usually Id go with her but Im not available on that date.

Its an over 14s event with no alcohol served.

Would they be allowed in unaccompanied?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Hobe this is the righ thread for this.

Does anyone know what the entry policy is for the Academy.My 15 year old and her friend wants to go to Pierce the Veil and usually Id go with her but Im not available on that date.

Its an over 14s event with no alcohol served.

Would they be allowed in unaccompanied?

Thanks

If it's over 14's and they are 15 then there's absolutely no problem. It's pretty much an all ages show at that point and only very young looking people are going to need to be accompanied.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

If it's over 14's and they are 15 then there's absolutely no problem. It's pretty much an all ages show at that point and only very young looking people are going to need to be accompanied.

Thanks for that mate.Now I wont have to be subjected to the musical masterpieces of Pierce The Veil!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Does anyone know what the standing area is like at the O2 in Dublin? We are in GA1 but I havnt a clue where that is. Im assuming the standing area is just one huge open area so you can stand where you want?

Where actually is the standing area in the arena though? Whats it like?

• Advertisement

Hogzy wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the standing area is like at the O2 in Dublin? We are in GA1 but I havnt a clue where that is. Im assuming the standing area is just one huge open area so you can stand where you want?

Where actually is the standing area in the arena though? Whats it like?

It just indicates what door you are too enter. I think GA1 is the door on the liffey. Yeah, its one big standing area and you can stand where you want.

There are bars and food stands at the back. Then just a big space leading up to the stage (a few pillars in the way). Seating is on the balcony (if you want to call it that).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

Does anyone know if Paolo Nutini is playing in Ireland this year and if so, when and where please?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

livEwirE wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Paolo Nutini is playing in Ireland this year and if so, when and where please?

Dont think so , but he is in Ireland atm recording his new album

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

Pity that, I've never seen him live. I heard a rumour he was playing the O2 in Dublin but theres nothing on ticketmaster to confirm this :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

I've a question..... from a mom's point of view.

I bought 4 tickets from Viagogo for the Script for DD and her pals for this Thursday.

4 tickets @ €69.99 = €279.95
    Booking Fee, del fee and vat extra.

Anyway = tickets arrived today and on each of them it says cash €39.05

Am i missing something here, or have I been fleeced?

LB6 wrote: »
    I've a question..... from a mom's point of view.

I bought 4 tickets from Viagogo for the Script for DD and her pals for this Thursday.

4 tickets @ €69.99 = €279.95
    Booking Fee, del fee and vat extra.

Anyway = tickets arrived today and on each of them it says cash €39.05

Am i missing something here, or have I been fleeced?

You bought off a third-party and got fleeced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

In future, check the face value of the ticket on a trusted site like Ticketmaster before you go ticket hunting on third party sites. In fact, unless you're getting the tickets for less than face value or the concert is sold out, you should always stick to Ticketmaster anyway and buy the tickets there.

I'll bloody kill her. She said to get them through there. Next time she can buy them herself.

Thanks for the replies btw :'(

LB6 wrote: »
    I'll bloody kill her. She said to get them through there. Next time she can buy them herself.

Thanks for the replies btw :'(

Don't beat yourself up about it.
    I once bought tickets off ebay and lost all my money when the concert was cancelled. Ive never bought tickets from a third party website since.

Live and learn.

• Advertisement

Lesson learned. Trust me lol :D

Advertisement