Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** QUESTIONS *** All non specific gig questions in here.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JJBEEFSTEW

I was just wondering about the seating at the marquee is the view good? because there is a massive standing area in front.
    Cheers!:D:p:):rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭carr62

Apologies if this is in the wrong spot. My question is about seating in the o2. I've tickets to bring my 2 kids to Olly Murs, but turns out we are in block A right up against the wall (as far to the side as you can get!!) Does anyone know if we'll be able to see a screen from this angle, as I'm guessing we will be watching the show from a "side on view". I have been advised that there are worse seats, but just wondering would it be a dissappointment to a couple 9 year olds who are desperate for a glimpse of him !! Be grateful for any advice. Thanks

Apologies if this post appears where it shouldn't - I'm trying to figure out how to post correctly! Ive tickets to see Olly Murs in the 02 and I notice I am in block A sitting up against the wall - as far to the side as you can get!! As i have a couple of kids with me, I'm wondering will we be able to see a screen from this angle, as I guess we will have a very "side on" view of the show, although only about 20 rows back. Can anyone advise if these are very bad seats, or will the kids actually get to see him? Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

It's supposedly designed so that no matter where you're seated you'll have a decent view.. Though judging from this photo it looks like it will be a fairly side on view. I've never sat that far over myself so can't confirm the experience to be honest. If it isn't sold out you could always just keep an eye out for empty seats in a better position, though if someone turns up with a ticket for that seat you'll have to get up and give them their seat back.

The-O2-Dublin-Design-Interior-1-588x258.jpg

Thanks for the info. Yikes ! it does look awfully far over when I see it in the photo. Sadly its sold out so looks might I just may have to bite the bullet and hope that the sight line is better than it appears in the photo!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

carr62 wrote: »
    Thanks for the info. Yikes ! it does look awfully far over when I see it in the photo. Sadly its sold out so looks might I just may have to bite the bullet and hope that the sight line is better than it appears in the photo!!

Every photo I've ever taken at a gig has made the stage look way further away than it really was, so don't take that one as exact anyway.

I've never sat in that block, but I have been in the section next to it, and it wasn't all that bad. It will be pretty side-on, but you should be able to see him anyway - like the previous poster said, the O2 is technically built so that there are no bad seats. The screens depend on the show - Green Day had big screens at the side, but other shows I've seen didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 BubblegumBitch

Hey so if I'm queuing during the day for a concert (say from around 11 AM) can a friend of mine who can't arrive until later (maybe 1-ish) join us in the que? Maybe if we take her ticket with us? I'm going to a concert with 3 friends, 1 who can't que early with us and can only arrive a bit later. Would security be strict and make her go to the back, or? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Hey so if I'm queuing during the day for a concert (say from around 11 AM) can a friend of mine who can't arrive until later (maybe 1-ish) join us in the que? Maybe if we take her ticket with us? I'm going to a concert with 3 friends, 1 who can't que early with us and can only arrive a bit later. Would security be strict and make her go to the back, or? Thanks

I've never ever heard of security being that strict. If people see you're all together, they usually don't argue, especially if it's just one person.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 DannyTheManny

Hey guys I'm thinking of heading to T in the Park in Scotland in July I was just womndering if any of you guys have been before?

Im just looking for some information of basically how I get there, this is my first festival abroad and the information on the website is not Foreign friendly so just thought i could get some advice from you guys. Im living in Dublin so I would be flying from there ideally.

Any info would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 BubblegumBitch

JJ wrote: »
    I've never ever heard of security being that strict. If people see you're all together, they usually don't argue, especially if it's just one person.

OK, thank you! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

I want to see Neil Young in Berlin in June. Ticketmaster.ie will only list his concerts here and the U.K. Is there some other way that I don't see or do I have to go to the german site to get them. I really don't know the ins and outs of overseas gigs. Thanks for any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

I want to see Neil Young in Berlin in June. Ticketmaster.ie will only list his concerts here and the U.K. Is there some other way that I don't see or do I have to go to the german site to get them. I really don't know the ins and outs of overseas gigs. Thanks for any help.

You have to use the German site (at least, I had to use the Spanish site to book tickets for a show in Barcelona, so I assume it's the same idea).

http://www.ticketmaster.de/ - you can change the language to English if you need to as well (weird, it's not like you can change the English ones to German!).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Hey guys I'm thinking of heading to T in the Park in Scotland in July I was just womndering if any of you guys have been before?

Im just looking for some information of basically how I get there, this is my first festival abroad and the information on the website is not Foreign friendly so just thought i could get some advice from you guys. Im living in Dublin so I would be flying from there ideally.

Any info would be appreciated.

I went to T in the Park once but that was years ago. I don't remember the exact details but I was in Edinburgh and I just asked around (hostel, tourist info office) and found there was a bus service from Edinburgh to the festival site. It was similar to the service Dublin Bus provide for Oxegen, et al.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

I can't log onto ticketmaster. Have the password saved in my browser, so I'm using the same login as always. The password reset email never arrives (checked spamfolder as well). Anyone here with the same problem?

cheers!

EDIT: email took 30 mins to arrive, working fine now.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Anniebell

Hi all,

Question about the Circle Seats in the Olympia Theatre in Dublin. I can get Row A tickets but not sure if my daughter would be able to see the stage unless she stands (She's 5). Would I be better ringing & trying to get tickets for a few rows further back or just go with Front Row & hope for the best?
    TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Asbury Park

I saw a gig that I wouldn't mind taking in but the venue web site says it's sold out. Yet the Ticketmaster site lets me book tickets and proceed to check out. I didn't check out. Anytime I've bought tickets before it's been for gigs that weren't indicated as sold out so a little confused. Any help/guidance is appreciated :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,626 ✭✭✭bren2001

I saw a gig that I wouldn't mind taking in but the venue web site says it's sold out. Yet the Ticketmaster site lets me book tickets and proceed to check out. I didn't check out. Anytime I've bought tickets before it's been for gigs that weren't indicated as sold out so a little confused. Any help/guidance is appreciated :D

If they are available on ticketmaster then they are available. Depending on the gig of course, but a lot of the time they will release "production seats" closer to the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭pajodublin

Anyone ever been on the guest list at the o2?
    If so, what did you "get"?
    Meet the band/act?
    etc.

managed to get myself on it through a friend so just wondering how it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

Standard guest list is usually just a free ticket.

Bands would also have their own passes with varying degrees of access.
    VIP pass would allow you access to the same areas as most ticket holders. (This varies from band to band)
    Photo pass lets you in with a professional camera and you can take photos at the front of the stage for a set amount of time.
    After-Show pass would let you in to an after show party if there is one.
    AAA pass would let you go pretty much anywhere.

This is only through personal experience but it really depends on the band & their management

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭paddyzk

Is the pint strict at the bar ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Ilikemusiclots

Does anyone know the capacity of the Pepper Canister church in Dublin?

Mr.S wrote: »
    strict at the bar?

If you mean are they strict on ID, they are and you have to be 21+

thanks.How many fit in there ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

300~

Or 15,000. Depends what night of the week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭sfwcork

Hey all

Looking at getting ticets for passenger atbthe cork marquee

Never been so any advice on best tickets or layout of the place

Mr.S wrote: »
    About 15,000

Cool thanks yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Going to a gig tomorrow in The Academy, noted that ticket master now states "Over 14s Show - NO Alcohol Served In The Main Room"
    Does this mean they now serve alcohol downstairs in the academy 2 (/elsewhere, idk how many rooms the academy has! :P) but just not the main room?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

They might serve it in the Green room which is the ground floor bar but you'll want to be bringing a proper ID to get served (I'd say it is likely they won't bother if it is a day time show).

• Registered Users Posts: 1 tech startup

What do people think of Songkick as an app?

It seems quite delayed with its information updates. I have found that it sends me notifications for gigs that are already sold out. It seems to have old news on this side of the world.

Does anybody use Songkick here? Would you like an app that was more up to date and a better discovery app?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Tried looking on the o2 website but can't get an answer so hopefully someone can help! Myself and a friend have standing tickets to a gig which are GA1 - another friend now wants to come as well having changed her mind but the standing tickets available are now GA2... what's the difference? I thought standing was standing! :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,626 ✭✭✭bren2001

Tried looking on the o2 website but can't get an answer so hopefully someone can help! Myself and a friend have standing tickets to a gig which are GA1 - another friend now wants to come as well having changed her mind but the standing tickets available are now GA2... what's the difference? I thought standing was standing! :confused:

They have 2 entrances for standing. Its all the same when you get inside. If yous go up together there should not be a problem.

Advertisement