Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** QUESTIONS *** All non specific gig questions in here.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

Any know if Paolo Nutini is doing any gigs in Ireland this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Debs91

Does anyone know if there is Meet and Greets available for Live at The Marquee? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

Can anyone answer me please?

So I want to buy tickets for Lee Evans. I've just had a look at the presale tickets for o2, and most of the good blocks are unavailable, as are the flat seating tickets. I've looked at the MCD presale, and they have better block options, but again, the flat seating are unavailable.
    Am I right in saying that they both only got a certain amount of flat seating tickets each, and that if I wait til 9AM, when they go on general sale, if I'm fast and lucky enough, there's a slight chance I could get flat seating tickets?
    Or would they sell them all in presale?

Hopefully I'll get a quick answer, I don't know whether to buy them now, or in the morning haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,626 ✭✭✭bren2001

Ericaa wrote: »
    Can anyone answer me please?

So I want to buy tickets for Lee Evans. I've just had a look at the presale tickets for o2, and most of the good blocks are unavailable, as are the flat seating tickets. I've looked at the MCD presale, and they have better block options, but again, the flat seating are unavailable.
    Am I right in saying that they both only got a certain amount of flat seating tickets each, and that if I wait til 9AM, when they go on general sale, if I'm fast and lucky enough, there's a slight chance I could get flat seating tickets?
    Or would they sell them all in presale?

Hopefully I'll get a quick answer, I don't know whether to buy them now, or in the morning haha!

There is only a certain number of tickets allocated for the Presale. Yeah, if you wait till they go on general sale you should get tickets in the flat seating.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JJBEEFSTEW

Has anyone ever been to live at the marquee in cork? If so is the seating good because it looks awful far back! I want to bring my son to a gig there and was also wondering about the security there. Hope someone can answer my question! Thanks :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Keggers2

Hey guys, I was just wondering if you can buy tickets on the door at the Academy? I'd love to go see Watsky tonight, but I've got no means of getting them off ticketmaster :/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Keggers2 wrote: »
    Hey guys, I was just wondering if you can buy tickets on the door at the Academy? I'd love to go see Watsky tonight, but I've got no means of getting them off ticketmaster :/

Doesn't seem to be sold out, so I reckon you will be able to buy on the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Keggers2

Brilliant, thanks for the info! I knew it wasn't sold out, I was just wondering if they actually still sell tickets on the door! Silly question I suppose :pac:

Thanks again!

Keggers2 wrote: »
    Brilliant, thanks for the info! I knew it wasn't sold out, I was just wondering if they actually still sell tickets on the door! Silly question I suppose :pac:

Thanks again!

no bother. Forgot to tell you, if you don't have a credit card and you can only buy tickets with cash, there are two Ticketsmaster outlets, one in the St Stephen's Green shopping centre and another in the Jervis shopping centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭guapos

Anyone know of any indie or singer song writer gigs from 16th of June till 18th in Dublin?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Just wondering, do Ticketmaster not allow you print your own tickets anymore? I just bought tickets for a gig in Academy 2, and the only options were "Mail Delivery" or "Collect at box office".

I didn't particularly want to print them (I always get the "real" Ticketmaster ones cause I have a frame with all my gig tickets from 2007-2012 and am putting em together for a second one :p) but it struck me as odd that the option wasn't there. Is it just the venue doesn't want the printed ones? Or are they not doing them anymore??

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

Just wondering, do Ticketmaster not allow you print your own tickets anymore? I just bought tickets for a gig in Academy 2, and the only options were "Mail Delivery" or "Collect at box office".

I didn't particularly want to print them (I always get the "real" Ticketmaster ones cause I have a frame with all my gig tickets from 2007-2012 and am putting em together for a second one :p) but it struck me as odd that the option wasn't there. Is it just the venue doesn't want the printed ones? Or are they not doing them anymore??

They still do them, but sometimes they're not available for all events. I wonder why though, can anyone fill us in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

It is only an option for venues with barcode scanners that you can do it. Smaller venues like Whelans and I'm guessing Academy 2 don't have the scanners.

How bad are the "restricted viewing" seats in the Olympia?

Gaslight Anthem were so good tonight that I wanna go again and that's all I can get. They're in the circle and there doesn't seem to be a pillar or anything - is it just the angle, or what? It's been years since I sat at a gig (let alone restricted) so just wanna know what to expect! I don't particularly mind once I can hear em anyway :P

How bad are the "restricted viewing" seats in the Olympia?

Gaslight Anthem were so good tonight that I wanna go again and that's all I can get. They're in the circle and there doesn't seem to be a pillar or anything - is it just the angle, or what? It's been years since I sat at a gig (let alone restricted) so just wanna know what to expect! I don't particularly mind once I can hear em anyway :P

It depends.
    There are some "restricted viewing" seats at the Olympia where you actually have a pillar in front of you. Some others, you can't see one corner of the stage-it had happened to me once, where I couldn't see the far right corner of stage (I was sitting on the left side of the circle), so no big deal-I only missed one musicians on some occasion.

Irish Aris wrote: »
    It depends.
    There are some "restricted viewing" seats at the Olympia where you actually have a pillar in front of you. Some others, you can't see one corner of the stage-it had happened to me once, where I couldn't see the far right corner of stage (I was sitting on the left side of the circle), so no big deal-I only missed one musicians on some occasion.

That sounds okay so, the seats we got are the left of the circle too. They are pillars marked on the seating chart for downstairs (for shows without standing) but noneon the map for upstairs, so it should be alright. Thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

I'm looking to swap tickets for a gig for tickets to a gig of the same band but at a later date, anyone know where I could look?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 formernyer

I'm looking to swap tickets for a gig for tickets to a gig of the same band but at a later date, anyone know where I could look?
    Toutless has a swap forum. http://www.toutless.com/viewforum.php?f=15

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭GTE

I posted this elsewhere, but perhaps its best suited here.

Regarding seating in the O2
    If I get a standing ticket that says GA1 and a friend gets GA2 separately, will be be split up for the gig? The O2 seating plan has split up standing and another has one huge area. Not too sure on the fine details for the QOTSA gig in November.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

bbk wrote: »
    I posted this elsewhere, but perhaps its best suited here.

Regarding seating in the O2
    If I get a standing ticket that says GA1 and a friend gets GA2 separately, will be be split up for the gig? The O2 seating plan has split up standing and another has one huge area. Not too sure on the fine details for the QOTSA gig in November.

Standing is standing, you may just enter via difference entrances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭GTE

I got an email from them confirming it will be one big standing area. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭CrashBandicoot Girl

I'm going to my first festival and I was wondering if anyone had some advice on good one man tents that are light and affordable? Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Really is very little in the one person and light line that also is affordable. That is usually the realm of proper trekking tents.

Gelert Eiger 2 from Millets Mary St should do you. They are usually sold for a lot less than that RRP (think I got one for closer to 35 euro). If you go for something cheaper you might find yourself getting woken up by a leak if it rains.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭deisedude

I have tickets for Grizzy Bear in Dublin but Galway would suit better. would ticketmaster allow me swap?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ctrl Promotions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

deisedude wrote: »
    I have tickets for Grizzy Bear in Dublin but Galway would suit better. would ticketmaster allow me swap?

No but toutless.com would.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭smilgy

Hey I was just wondering has anyone here volunteered at a festival before and what it is like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

smilgy wrote: »
    Hey I was just wondering has anyone here volunteered at a festival before and what it is like?

I usually (not this year) volunteer at the Leeds festival with a company called Hotbox Events. Volunteers normally camp in a separate staff campsite and have their own canteen. Depending on your work hours you can actually get to see a lot of the acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭0000879k

Hi, hoping to buy tickets tomorrow morning on Ticketmaster but I've never bought anything on ticketmaster before

Do you have to have an account to buy tickets? thanks

• Advertisement

0000879k wrote: »
    Hi, hoping to buy tickets tomorrow morning on Ticketmaster but I've never bought anything on ticketmaster before

Do you have to have an account to buy tickets? thanks

Not necessarily. But if you do, it speeds up the procedure. (and if you are looking to buy for a very popular concert, it's a safer bet).

Advertisement