Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** QUESTIONS *** All non specific gig questions in here.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭0000879k

Irish Aris wrote: »
    Not necessarily. But if you do, it speeds up the procedure. (and if you are looking to buy for a very popular concert, it's a safer bet).

Thanks a mil

Also, anything else I should know? I imagine it's self explanatory but just it's first time buying on ticketmaster and I don't wanna c*ck it up

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

0000879k wrote: »
    Thanks a mil

Also, anything else I should know? I imagine it's self explanatory but just it's first time buying on ticketmaster and I don't wanna c*ck it up

It's pretty straight forward so you should be fine!
    Although, if you're attempting to buy tickets for something that might sell out pretty fast, my bit of advice is to download the Ticketmaster app if you have a smartphone.
    It saved my ass when I promised my cousin I'd buy her One Direction tickets. The site was so busy it was nearly impossible to buy tickets, I decided to try the app out of desperation, and hey ho, I was finally successful!
    Just something to keep in mind :)

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭afterglow

hi Boardsies :)

Regular poster in other forums, but first time posting here, and hope I'm in the right place, and that can get some good advice.

I'm singing at a graduation on wednesday, it's at a training centre where I work. Just looking for good song ideas. So far I've thought of the climb and edge of glory, though the person doing my accompaniment doesn't really like the edge of glory, and I tried the climb today and it didn't really sound that well.
    I'm a girl, and can sing, but have a low enough voice, especially when I'm nervous so ideas appreciated please, and ASAP would be good. It's important to note that it doesn't matter if they are obvious/have cheesey lyrics or whatever, just anything at all at this stage would be welcome.
    Thanks so much in advance.

:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

if i order a ticket online for a gig in manchester or where ever and i wanted a hard copy of the ticket instead of a print out ,could i get it sent to my address instead in dublin ?the gig is november and iv never actually done this,for any gigs in other countries iv gotten print outs

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,626 ✭✭✭bren2001

A V A wrote: »
    if i order a ticket online for a gig in manchester or where ever and i wanted a hard copy of the ticket instead of a print out ,could i get it sent to my address instead in dublin ?the gig is november and iv never actually done this,for any gigs in other countries iv gotten print outs

cheers

You can. You'll have to pay international shipping rates though 3-4e.

• Advertisement

bren2001 wrote: »
    You can. You'll have to pay international shipping rates though 3-4e.

is it worth it?

i kinda do want the ticket for keeps sake really

is it worth it?

That is up to you. I always like to have a physical copy of the ticket, I keep them and have gotten some cool ones (mainly from England) over the years.

If you pay yourself (i.e. with your card) you could just collect them at the box office.

bren2001 wrote: »
    That is up to you. I always like to have a physical copy of the ticket, I keep them and have gotten some cool ones (mainly from England) over the years.

If you pay yourself (i.e. with your card) you could just collect them at the box office.

cool good stuff cheers for your help man :)

also meant to ask, where would the box office be if i was to collect my tickets ?would it be out side?

• Advertisement

also meant to ask, where would the box office be if i was to collect my tickets ?would it be out side?

It will be at the venue. Usually a caravan. Will be signposted or stewards will know where it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 PaulR666

I think I have these tickets ... what was the view like in the Olympia at Circle Row M seat 23 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Debs91

Hi,

Does anyone know what the capacity is for Cypress Avenue?

Thanks

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

Hi, first time buying tickets online to be collected at the box office - for The Academy.

I presume I just have to show up at the same time I normally would for a gig, and go to the booth inside the door?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Yup.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

I presume I just have to show up at the same time I normally would for a gig, and go to the booth inside the door?

Well... what time would you normally go in?

Don't know about the Academy, but in the Olympia (run by the same people), the box office closes about an hour after doors open. So if your normal arrival time is just before the headliner comes on, maybe turn up half an hour earlier than normal... If you normally turn up before/when the doors open, you'll be grand. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

Well... what time would you normally go in?

Don't know about the Academy, but in the Olympia (run by the same people), the box office closes about an hour after doors open. So if your normal arrival time is just before the headliner comes on, maybe turn up half an hour earlier than normal... If you normally turn up before/when the doors open, you'll be grand. :)

I'd usually turn up to see the supports too, so I should be grand. Thanks for the clarification :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 14 liamaseire

box office is right at the main entrance

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Stayfrosty2

Hi all, just looking for some help in finding a band.

They're an Irish cover band called something along the lines of the 'hip hop brass collective'

They are not to confused with the hypnotic brass ensemble.

They played at body and soul on the Sunday back in June or whenever and on the Saturday night in one of the tents in body and soul at EP.

Any info please, cant find a trace of them on the web so either Ive got the name completely wrong or they only exist at festivals!!

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭alleystar

What time would people recommend to start queuing for a gig in the Academy if your aim is to be in the front row/second row? And is there any chance of meeting the acts before or after?

Edit: I should add, doors open at 7pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,888 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

alleystar wrote: »
    What time would people recommend to start queuing for a gig in the Academy if your aim is to be in the front row/second row? And is there any chance of meeting the acts before or after?

I've been to the Academy twice and managed to get to the front row each time. Both times I went up there about 15 minutes before the doors opened and could have even left it a bit later. What artist are you seeing?

alleystar wrote: »

I've met numerous artists after the show at the Academy. It's just a matter of waiting around for a couple of hours, and hoping that they want to talk with fans!
    Who are you going to see?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Ericaa wrote: »
    I've met numerous artists after the show at the Academy. It's just a matter of waiting around for a couple of hours, and hoping that they want to talk with fans!

You go to the back door?

scudzilla wrote: »
    You go to the back door?

Oops yeah, I forgot to mention that!

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭alleystar

Suas11 wrote: »
    I've been to the Academy twice and managed to get to the front row each time. Both times I went up there about 15 minutes before the doors opened and could have even left it a bit later. What artist are you seeing?
    Ericaa wrote: »

Thanks! The 1975 on Monday, they're in the UK atm and a good few people have hung around afterwards and got to meet them. I'm not really familiar with The Academy though so I wasn't too sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

I've met bands at both the front and the back door of the Academy after late shows. There's no way of knowing which side they'll come out - keep an eye out for the tour bus. It's worth noting that the back door is down a somewhat dodgy alley and isn't the nicest place to be hanging round after dark...

Most recent band I met there was Billy Talent in August 2012, and they came out the front door about an hour after the show ended.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I've met bands at both the front and the back door of the Academy after late shows. There's no way of knowing which side they'll come out - keep an eye out for the tour bus. It's worth noting that the back door is down a somewhat dodgy alley and isn't the nicest place to be hanging round after dark...

Most recent band I met there was Billy Talent in August 2012, and they came out the front door about an hour after the show ended.

Was thinking Tenacious D, they probably won't be on a tour bus, will be in a people carrier to hotel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Radiosonde

Does anyone know if ticketmaster use verified by visa? Don't want to be suddenly confronted with that damn thing if I'm trying to buy tickets in a hurry...

Radiosonde wrote: »
    Does anyone know if ticketmaster use verified by visa? Don't want to be suddenly confronted with that damn thing if I'm trying to buy tickets in a hurry...

They do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,790 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Radiosonde wrote: »

Yes, but not if you use the app.

Advertisement