Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** QUESTIONS *** All non specific gig questions in here.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Radiosonde wrote: »
    Does anyone know if ticketmaster use verified by visa? Don't want to be suddenly confronted with that damn thing if I'm trying to buy tickets in a hurry...

They do, but they hold the tickets for you while you do it. I think you've got about 7 minutes to sort it out before they release the tickets again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Has anyone ever won tickets from Phantom? Won Avenged Sevenfold tickets off Phantom 105.2 back in May. The concert is 3rd of December and still no sign of them. Getting a little anxious :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I won tickets from them once and I picked them up from their office. They're located at Marconi House on Digges Lane. When I walked in, I spoke to the security guy and he had me write down my name and the details of the tickets I won, then he went upstairs and got them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Does anyone know if I'd ok bringing a bridge camera into the O2? It's not an SLR.

A professional photog friend said that The O2 can be fairly strict about picture taking matters and bridge cameras still look like the kind of cameras you need accreditation for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

Does anyone know if I'd ok bringing a bridge camera into the O2? It's not an SLR.

They have no issue with compact digial cameras from my experience, I've been to the O2 nearly 8+ times and always bring mine, this problem is the douche bag with the SLR and the 14 inch lens sitting on your shoulder the whole night ignoring the bouncer telling him to put the ****ing thing away.

You have hit the grey area though since the Bridge Camera has a detachable lens if I recall? Personally I'd chance bringing it in, as I mentioned already they seem to only ask you to put it away if they have an issue with the camera, as long as you resect that then there really should be no issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Does anyone know if you need to print tickets from ticket master or can they just scan the pdf straight from your phone?

Going to the o2 tonight and forgot to print tickets in work, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

JJ wrote: »
    A professional photog friend said that The O2 can be fairly strict about picture taking matters and bridge cameras still look like the kind of cameras you need accreditation for.

I needn't have worried - they never searched me and even then there were loads of people around with SLRs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 AoifeCB

Hi,
    Heading to the Childline concert @ the the O2 tomorrow (Wednesday 20th Nov) The "point village" sems to be the best spot for parking, but does anyone know what time we should be there at to get a parking spot?

Concert starts @ 7.30 pm, doors open @ 6.30

Really appreciate any advice

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,626 ✭✭✭bren2001

AoifeCB wrote: »
    Hi,
    Heading to the Childline concert @ the the O2 tomorrow (Wednesday 20th Nov) The "point village" sems to be the best spot for parking, but does anyone know what time we should be there at to get a parking spot?

Concert starts @ 7.30 pm, doors open @ 6.30

Really appreciate any advice

Cheers

I've never had to be there early to get parking (I'd be going to the cinema on nights when stuff is on in the o2). You should be fine at any time.

However, you can prebook your parking here http://www.ticketmaster.ie/point-village-carpark-cheerios-childline-dublin-11-20-2013/event/18004B3BB14B2ABC?artistid=1453681&majorcatid=10005&minorcatid=0. There is a ticketmaster charge. If you don't "prebook" you can just pay 10e on the night (so its cheaper)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 AoifeCB

Great! Thanks a million!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bjamescullen

We are advisors & promoters for artists and events, and enquiring about utilizing board.ie to post info on artists and events, would like to keep within the rules of this site so to create a win win for all.
    look forward to reply
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭liamoreilly

...I'm not sure If I am allowed ask this, if not then mods I apologise...
    ...I am going to be getting tickets for jeff dunham for next april. They go on sale on Saturday morning, but the 02 priority tickets go on sale on thrusday morning. Would there be anyone that has it that could get me a code or get them, I would be happy to pay extra. My girlfriend would love these, but she really wants to be as close as possible, and I figure priority tickets would be closer...
    ...Thanks...
    ...Liam...

Priority tickets aren't always closer but usually if you're quick on the draw, you might get good seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭daithi_dearg

I was looking at booking tickets for the Bord Gais theatre and I'm being charged €5.65 through ticketmaster. Is my only option to get fleeced or can I buy them there at the venue?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 raehogan

Can anyone recommend an Irish travel agent that does festival packages, along the lines of Planet Festival in the UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭SnitchingBubs

Im thinking of attempting to buy tickets to Garth Brooks in the morning and im planning to buy online, but how long does it take for the tickets to arrive in the post. I know you can select express delivery but that costs extra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Im thinking of attempting to buy tickets to Garth Brooks in the morning and im planning to buy online, but how long does it take for the tickets to arrive in the post. I know you can select express delivery but that costs extra.

Anytime up to a week before the concert starts. So anytime until around the 20th of July.

Anytime up to a week before the concert starts. So anytime until around the 20th of July.

Wow really,that sucks. And if i did opt for express delivery how fast would that be

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭jj72

You can get a print at home option for free which is instant

• Advertisement

jj72 wrote: »
    You can get a print at home option for free which is instant

Yeah but il be at work doing it, don't really want them to see me printing tickets when I should be working

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Wow really,that sucks. And if i did opt for express delivery how fast would that be

Why? You'll have them in time for the concert?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Yeah but il be at work doing it, don't really want them to see me printing tickets when I should be working
    you can save them as a pdf and print them at your leisure

re sale value on ebay though is not as good for printed out tickets as real ones I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭jj72

Ya but you can print them anytime you want ...at home or at work. They are saved on your ticketmaster account

• Registered Users Posts: 10 sharw7

Can I have my ticketmaster acc open on laptop, tablet and mobile at the same time to buy tickets? I know I cant have 2 tabs open on my browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

sharw7 wrote: »
    Can I have my ticketmaster acc open on laptop, tablet and mobile at the same time to buy tickets? I know I cant have 2 tabs open on my browser.

I once had laptop open, browser on my xbox, phone and ipad when i had to get 1D tickets so should be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 17 iwannadrive

Hello all,

Just wondering would it be possible to sneak down to standing fron the seats or are they very strict ? ) :)

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭damianmcr

What gig?

At the Hardwell gig 100s jumped the barrier. Not near enough staff to stop them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 iwannadrive

Rudimental tomorrow night :)

Last minute decision to go so had to take what I could get ticket wise but being in standing would be way better :)

Sure I'll try anyway :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭ciaranf92

Best way to do it is wait until the lights go off for the support act and jump over quickly.

There's usually only 15-20 staff on the floor anyway. Just position yourself between 2 and jump over the barrier (about 3 foot high).
    If you're quick you won't be spotted at all. If you are spotted, theres no chance they'll chase after you anyway!

Have fun!

Advertisement