Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** QUESTIONS *** All non specific gig questions in here.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭damianmcr

They might chase.

I doubt there would be 15 on the floor. I would say more 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 iwannadrive

Well I'm in the upper tier so I'd say it's seating for me ah sure will be grand :)

Any recommendations for good pubs to head after :) or ones I should avoid with a high pitched Cork accent :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Ticketmaster Question:

I've managed to book 2 pairs of tickets using the one credit card for the same gig (which is now sold out). Was trying to get tickets using both my phone and laptop and thought I cancelled the one on my phone as I never got a confirmation email, but the order is in my TM account, and money has been taken from my card. I thought that TM cancelled duplicate orders like this but obviously not...

Is there a way of cancelling one of the orders and getting refunded from Ticketmaster for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Ticketmaster Question:

I've managed to book 2 pairs of tickets using the one credit card for the same gig (which is now sold out). Was trying to get tickets using both my phone and laptop and thought I cancelled the one on my phone as I never got a confirmation email, but the order is in my TM account, and money has been taken from my card. I thought that TM cancelled duplicate orders like this but obviously not...

Is there a way of cancelling one of the orders and getting refunded from Ticketmaster for it?

AFAIK they only cancel duplicate orders where the total number of tickets exceeds the limit of tickets that you're allowed to buy for the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

ah right, that makes sense. I'll give them a ring in the morning and see if they'll cancel one of the transactions anyway. otherwise I'll stick them on Toutless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Just a quick question. Going to Dara O'Briain (or however you spell it :P) in Vicar Strees. Sitting at a table, ticket says row 3. Does that mean I am at table number 3 on this chart?
    13499s.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Looking at going to a show soon in the village. Just wondering if you can buy tickets at the door? It's not sold out and don't think it will be. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

If it isn't sold out then yes you just ask the bouncer if there are tickets on the door and he'll let you in to pay at the cloakroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Anyone know how strict the o2 are on no DSLRs?

Officially they don't allow anything with a removable lens and they usually search bags/bodies going into most things. You might get lucky with a small bag if you sling it so they don't notice it but I don't know if they'll let you in if you promise to put it in the cloakroom if they catch you or flat out refuse you entry so probably not worth the hassle unless you've a car you can go back to and leave it in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 rosier79

Do Ticketmaster allow you to exchange tickets?

In general no. The customer service people might allow you move from one area at an event to another in extraordinary circumstances but typically these are situations where there is a medical reason for it. If you think you might legitimately qualify under that give them a call. They won't accommodate regular "but my friend is in other area" or "I can't go this day now can I go the next day" style moves.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Bassfacewhy

Aight lads have tickets for a gig in the O2. Some of the lads have standing tickets that say G2, others G3, others G5, however, they all say ENTRANCE 1.

I thought standing was standing, but are there certain sectioned off parts or will we be going in different doors (ie queuing seperately) ??

Oh and lastly, assuming we are going in different doors and queuing seperately, will it be hard to meet up in there?? considering it's a sold out gig.

cheers lads

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Aight lads have tickets for a gig in the O2. Some of the lads have standing tickets that say G2, others G3, others G5, however, they all say ENTRANCE 1.

I thought standing was standing, but are there certain sectioned off parts or will we be going in different doors (ie queuing seperately) ??

Oh and lastly, assuming we are going in different doors and queuing seperately, will it be hard to meet up in there?? considering it's a sold out gig.

cheers lads

Usually standing is one big area. The G1, G2, etc just refers to the batches of tickets yours were printed in. Entrance 1 is the main door, you'll all be walking in together.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Why is the Gigs and Events forum so dead at the moment. :confused:

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Heading to the Olympia tomorrow night for Fall Out boy. Was there tonight for All Time Low and was standing. Will also be standing for Fall Out Boy but just wondering if there's usually a pit? Couldn't really tell tonight as I got there a bit late so was standing near the back. Just wondering if there is a pit and how early to start queuing as it's one I definitely want to be as close to the front for. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

Heading to the Olympia tomorrow night for Fall Out boy. Was there tonight for All Time Low and was standing. Will also be standing for Fall Out Boy but just wondering if there's usually a pit? Couldn't really tell tonight as I got there a bit late so was standing near the back. Just wondering if there is a pit and how early to start queuing as it's one I definitely want to be as close to the front for. Thanks!

Yes there is normally a pit at the Olympia, Get there a good hour and a half to 2 hours early if you want to guarantee getting in there, you could chance later if you want it kinda depends on the crowd, The guys normally hand out wrist bands just after they scan your ticket.

But ask before you go any further, I made the mistake of walking past the guy the 1st time I was there and they wouldn't let me back up for a wristband :(

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

Has anyone ever been to the Iveagh Gardens, Dublin for a gig? I'm presuming it's an out door event based on random pics I found, can anyone confirm this? How is the sounds/venue based on your experience?

The Olympia standing is (usually) divided into three areas. You need a wristband for the first one, which is tiny (it only fits the first three rows or so) but you can move freely between the other two.

As has been said, it can sometimes be hard to get the wristband. Queued all day for Billy Talent in 2009 but didn't get one - there were 2 guys on the door and the one who checked my ticket didn't have any, while people who were behind me in the queue did get them as the other guy checked theirs :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

DC10555 wrote: »
    Has anyone ever been to the Iveagh Gardens, Dublin for a gig? I'm presuming it's an out door event based on random pics I found, can anyone confirm this? How is the sounds/venue based on your experience?

It is outdoor and the sound was decent at the gig I went to. It can all depend on the sound engineer on the day though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

Just a quick question my wife is bring the two kids to see paulo on Thursday night and they are mad in to him, question they are 7 and 9 year old will they be let in or is a waste of time trying to go to the concert.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Just a quick question my wife is bring the two kids to see paulo on Thursday night and they are mad in to him, question they are 7 and 9 year old will they be let in or is a waste of time trying to go to the concert.

Looks like you might be ok - Olympia site says
    Under 14's must be accompanied by an adult, Over 18's ID required to gain access to the barswhere alcohol is served.

Unless it says on your tickets that it's 18+ only, they should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

I'm organising €200 worth of a gig ticket fund for my daughter for her birthday. As she is not 18 she does not have a credit card yet, can anyone recommend a pre-pay card I can give her loaded with the money that will work with any of the major ticket outlets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭GenieOz

Would a ticketmaster voucher not be a better idea?
    http://www.ticketmaster.ie/promo/162

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭SusanneKn

The ticket with those pre-paid credit card is that you will always have an additional fee when you top it up.
    Those can range between two and five euros.
    O2 Credit Cards would be the cheapest to top up, Swirl the most expensive one from my experience.
    They all work with Ticketmaster online

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

GenieOz wrote: »
    Would a ticketmaster voucher not be a better idea?
    http://www.ticketmaster.ie/promo/162

Trying to avoid limiting her to TM tickets. Plus TM fucked me over on a front row seat to Tom Waits so I have a grudge...

• Registered Users Posts: 86,483 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

MadsL wrote: »
    I'm organising €200 worth of a gig ticket fund for my daughter for her birthday. As she is not 18 she does not have a credit card yet, can anyone recommend a pre-pay card I can give her loaded with the money that will work with any of the major ticket outlets?

O2 money card

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Ticketmaster was mentioned in the Pricewatch section of the Irish Times recently. If you look at this article:

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/consumer/pricewatch-readers-queries-1.1750813?page=2

You'll see the usual standard waffle from them about their service charges FWIW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 joe_tas

Bought 2 tickets for Jurassic 5 off some lad just there, they were advertised as being general admission but I've just noticed they're actually for upstairs in section D mad.png Anyway does anybody know if it's difficult to get into the standing section from upstairs in Vicar Street? Dying to see the group but I really hate being seated at gigs. Cheers.

Advertisement