Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** QUESTIONS *** All non specific gig questions in here.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Duff wrote: »
    Already am. Was thinking more along the lines of smaller gigs in the Olympia/ Academy etc.

Wouldn't be as,many pre sales for those outside the 3arena.. Don't get much off the ticketmaster emails really!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 arlandria

I'm thinking of going to a gig in Whelan's but I've never been before, looking on streetview I'm a little confused about which door is entry to the main venue? Also do you know which door the band would be entering/leaving from? I'd like to chance meeting them if possible

• Registered Users Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

arlandria wrote: »
    I'm thinking of going to a gig in Whelan's but I've never been before, looking on streetview I'm a little confused about which door is entry to the main venue? Also do you know which door the band would be entering/leaving from? I'd like to chance meeting them if possible

For the main venue, the entrance is on Camden Row.
    not sure where the band is entering/exiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 KatieD508

I'm just wondering if anyone has ever sat at this table in Vicar St, and if its really terrible? Only tickets left for Dara O'Briain on Wednesday and I'm just wondering if its worth the money or not.. Either that or standing on the second floor? Thanks!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

KatieD508 wrote: »
    I'm just wondering if anyone has ever sat at this table in Vicar St, and if its really terrible? Only tickets left for Dara O'Briain on Wednesday and I'm just wondering if its worth the money or not.. Either that or standing on the second floor? Thanks!

Go to ticketmaster and venues and vicar street and you can see where table 112 is. It will be towards the back of the room alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

I've bought tickets for 2 gigs in Vicar Street recently, namely Toto and Godspeed You! Black Emperor. As I'm a lazy git these days I decided to go for seated tickets both times. I go to lots of gigs so I'm usually hitting f5 a few seconds after 9 and buying my tickets straight away.

Anyway I noticed that for both these gigs (and maybe a couple earlier in the year) that Block E (the seating block facing the stage) wasn't an option in choosing the tickets, only Block D and F were available. Out of curiosity I emailed Vicar Street/Aiken about this and quite frankly I get the impression I'm being fobbed off; told that gigs sell out in a matter of seconds etc... and basically to go away. Which has just made me more determined :p

I'm pretty sure that if Block E was available to being with you could still choose Block E tickets until all the Block E tickets were fully purchased i.e. someone got to the Ticketmaster confirmation screen, not just chosen from the select ticket screen, and that this wouldn't happen at just a couple of seconds past 9 when I was trying to buy my tickets.

Just wondering if anyone has any insight on this. Did anyone manage to get a ticket in Block E in Vicar Street recently? If so, which gig was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

Hey guys,

Very strange query here.. I was away all week and I got hard copy tickets for Clean Bandit in the post. My mother though the envelope containing the tickets was from my college so she had the brainwave of steaming the envelope :rolleyes: open to try and disguise opening it. Anyway the steam completely wrecked part of the ticket as in the ink has ran and you can't read what gig it is or anything. The actual barcode that they scan hasn't been damaged however so it should still scan fine. Just wondering will they accept this or what's the story? The ticketmaster site said they can't replace hard copy tickets if damaged..

Hey guys,

Very strange query here.. I was away all week and I got hard copy tickets for Clean Bandit in the post. My mother though the envelope containing the tickets was from my college so she had the brainwave of steaming the envelope :rolleyes: open to try and disguise opening it. Anyway the steam completely wrecked part of the ticket as in the ink has ran and you can't read what gig it is or anything. The actual barcode that they scan hasn't been damaged however so it should still scan fine. Just wondering will they accept this or what's the story? The ticketmaster site said they can't replace hard copy tickets if damaged..

Not 100% sure, but I think ticketmaster has a process that could replace tickets (even hard copies) if they were lost.
    Not sure how this would apply in your case, I know from a friend that she misplaced her tickets and couldn't find them, called ticketmaster, they cancelled them and issued new ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,790 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Hey guys,

Don't contact ticketmaster until a week or so before the gig, then just ring them and say the tickets never arrived. they'll probably leave them at the venue that close to the gig. I had a similar experience once when my mam washed 2 tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Don't contact ticketmaster until a week or so before the gig, then just ring them and say the tickets never arrived. they'll probably leave them at the venue that close to the gig. I had a similar experience once when my mam washed 2 tickets.

Do they not have a tracking no. on the tickets they send out though and know that they were delivered or whatever?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,888 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Does anyone know if there's a cloakroom in the Olympia theatre that I could leave a bag in while attending a concert?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Suas11 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there's a cloakroom in the Olympia theatre that I could leave a bag in while attending a concert?

Yep, they usually have one on the corridor that leads to the standing area. You might have to queue for ages at the end to get your stuff back though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Has anyone been to a gig in the village since it became opium? Was hoping to see Stars but they just got bumped from Workman's to Opium. Swore off that kip last time I saw Stars there in eighteen dickety two and it sounded like ass. That being after a long line of gigs sounding like ass in the place (it seemed to be anything with guitars which was bad dance gigs were ok). Has the sound improved at all since renovation?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

To answer my own question reports from Run the Jewels suggests it's still sounding like ass there. Was a great few years when The Village dropped out of the live music venue roster hopefully due to people being wise to the state of the PA. Sad to see it getting gigs again probably due to the name change. Back to the boycott.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Kerrangatang92

Hi all, first time posting on this board and after reading the charter, I think my question best belongs in this thread.

A little context first... Yesterday, I bought 2 seating tickets for a Walking On Cars concert in the Olympia which takes place in March. The thing is they are for the back row (row n) of the middle circle of the venue, and also happen to be restricted viewing seats which I think means that there will be a column/pillar a few rows in front. (The seats are 7 and 6 by the way)

So anyways, my question is this.... will these seats suck? :)

Kerrangatang

Hi all, first time posting on this board and after reading the charter, I think my question best belongs in this thread.

A little context first... Yesterday, I bought 2 seating tickets for a Walking On Cars concert in the Olympia which takes place in March. The thing is they are for the back row (row n) of the middle circle of the venue, and also happen to be restricted viewing seats which I think means that there will be a column/pillar a few rows in front. (The seats are 7 and 6 by the way)

Kerrangatang

You are right in saying that the restricted view is due to the pillars. How much it will block, it's hard to say.
    At one case I have bought seat H8 as restricted view, and it was only blocking the right edge of the screen, so it wasn't too bad. Further back might be a bit more restricted.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Kerrangatang92

Irish Aris wrote: »
    You are right in saying that the restricted view is due to the pillars. How much it will block, it's hard to say.
    At one case I have bought seat H8 as restricted view, and it was only blocking the right edge of the screen, so it wasn't too bad. Further back might be a bit more restricted.

Thanks Irish Aris. I might keep on the lookout for some unwanted tickets and sell my own ones on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Kerrangatang

For bands, it depends on what way they stand on the stage. I was 2 rows ahead in L6 for a gig - there's a pillar a few rows in front, which was basically down the middle of the stage for me. It only blocked one band member though. The people with me were in L7 and 8, which were also marked restricted, but the pillar barely affected them because of the way the band were positioned on the stage. They said it was no worse than having a tall person in front of them in the standing area, as it only blocked an empty section of the stage.

I had to crane my neck to the left a bit to see the frontman every so often...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Just wondering if anyone has experience with buying tickets from ebay. I bought a couple of standing tickets for Placebo in the olympia on the 25th for face value. Hard copies, seller since 2002 with 100% feedback and paid with paypal. Just in case there's an issue with them, like the seller says they never received them and gets reprints from ticketmaster (although I've seen on the TM site they don't issue replacements for standing/GA tickets for safety reasons), are ebay/paypal ok with refunds? the FAQ seems to say so but has anyone else had to deal with a refund like that? It'd still be within the 45 days to make a claim if they turn out to be dodgy. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,626 ✭✭✭bren2001

Just wondering if anyone has experience with buying tickets from ebay. I bought a couple of standing tickets for Placebo in the olympia on the 25th for face value. Hard copies, seller since 2002 with 100% feedback and paid with paypal. Just in case there's an issue with them, like the seller says they never received them and gets reprints from ticketmaster (although I've seen on the TM site they don't issue replacements for standing/GA tickets for safety reasons), are ebay/paypal ok with refunds? the FAQ seems to say so but has anyone else had to deal with a refund like that? It'd still be within the 45 days to make a claim if they turn out to be dodgy. Cheers!

Paypal would only issue a refund if A. the tickets never arrived or B. the tickets were fake. Very hard to show them fake tickets, infact I cant think of any way you can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 pabloroxx

Awkward question: would it be safe to leave a bag with a laptop in it inside the Olympia cloakroom? Going to a gig straight from work and cant find anywhere to leave my bag

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

pabloroxx wrote: »
    Awkward question: would it be safe to leave a bag with a laptop in it inside the Olympia cloakroom? Going to a gig straight from work and cant find anywhere to leave my bag

Just like any cloakroom at any venue, it's at your own risk. I don't think I would if it was my laptop.

pabloroxx wrote: »

I have to say, I wouldn't risk it.
    I am not sure that the theatre would take any responsibility for lost items.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Box office in the academy? Inside the door, or somewhere else in dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lc180

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Box office in the academy? Inside the door, or somewhere else in dublin?

Directly inside the front door.cant miss it

My GF bought tickets for an event in the Olympia, and they're for the night of a wedding which we only found out about afterwards. I note that Ticketmaster don't exchange or refund tickets unless the gig has been cancelled, but i'm just wondering if anyone has any experience doing this with the Olympia themselves?...i.e. would they exchange them for a different night or refund them if she bought tickets for an alternative night?

Is the ticketmaster "no exchange" rule as hard and fast as they make it? The exact text from the website is
    We regret that we cannot exchange, refund or transfer tickets unless the event in question has been cancelled or rescheduled. This is part of Ticketmaster's Purchase Policy customers agree to when purchasing tickets
    . There is a little bit about the BGE theatre changing them on occasion, but no mention about the Olympia either there or on their own site.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭The Enabler

My GF bought tickets for an event in the Olympia, and they're for the night of a wedding which we only found out about afterwards. I note that Ticketmaster don't exchange or refund tickets unless the gig has been cancelled, but i'm just wondering if anyone has any experience doing this with the Olympia themselves?...i.e. would they exchange them for a different night or refund them if she bought tickets for an alternative night?

Is the ticketmaster "no exchange" rule as hard and fast as they make it? The exact text from the website is . There is a little bit about the BGE theatre changing them on occasion, but no mention about the Olympia either there or on their own site.

Your best bet would be to try and sell the tickets or look for a swap on toutless

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭larrykinney

Stub hub....

What up, peeps, does anyone have any experience of using Stub hub? I am looking at tickets for a show (sold out on Ticketmaster) Not only are tix available on Stub hub, they are slightly less than face value but what really makes me Scooby dubious is that delivery via UPS is free. Does this sound too good to be true? The show is in London so I don't want to shell out for flights and accommodation and then turn up to the show with a fake (or no) ticket. There are tix available via other online resellers but the fees and delivery are crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭The Enabler

Stub hub....

What up, peeps, does anyone have any experience of using Stub hub? I am looking at tickets for a show (sold out on Ticketmaster) Not only are tix available on Stub hub, they are slightly less than face value but what really makes me Scooby dubious is that delivery via UPS is free. Does this sound too good to be true? The show is in London so I don't want to shell out for flights and accommodation and then turn up to the show with a fake (or no) ticket. There are tix available via other online resellers but the fees and delivery are crazy.

Have never used them but I understand that they're able to put up prices based on demand. So if there's not much demand they can't put the prices up over face value

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Stub hub....

On StubHub, the shipping is included in the price you see. Ticket prices are set by the sellers so if there is low demand and/or they're looking for a quick sale, they may sell them for less than face value. StubHub also have a guarantee that's detailed here:

https://www.stubhub.co.uk/guarantee

Advertisement