Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** QUESTIONS *** All non specific gig questions in here.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

Hello there,

I am looking to book tickets for an event, and cant get my head around the 3 area seating plan.

Where would Block H, row 49, seats 48 and 49 be?

I see H obviously, to the left of the stage, but there are 3 H blocks...

thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

dellas1979 wrote: »
    Hello there,

I am looking to book tickets for an event, and cant get my head around the 3 area seating plan.

Where would Block H, row 49, seats 48 and 49 be?

I see H obviously, to the left of the stage, but there are 3 H blocks...

thanks!

Hi Dellas I can't believe that no one answered your query yet and that was about a week ago. Anyway the first result in Google for 3Arena seating plan brought up this, hopefully it helps.

seating-plan.jpg

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

Thank you for replying (yes took a bit o' time ;)

I have seen that schematic of the arena (the one you posted above).

I can see/figure out where Block H is (obviously from the letter H - but there are 3 of them), but I cant figure out the row 49, seats 48 and 49 :o...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

dellas1979 wrote: »
    Thank you for replying (yes took a bit o' time ;)

I have seen that schematic of the arena (the one you posted above).

I can see/figure out where Block H is (obviously from the letter H - but there are 3 of them), but I cant figure out the row 49, seats 48 and 49 :o...

row 49 will be towards the back - if you see further to the left (in block L), you will see that last row is 53.
    seats 48 and 49 would be the small left section. Again you can see on the top of the layout that the seats start from right to left.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭MojoRisinnnn

Hi all would love to get some peoples opinions on this, I'm going to a festival with my girlfriend but she cant get off work the Thursday and wants to go to the Friday instead, there's still two days which is grand and we're not camping as we have an apartment in the city but I really want to go the Thursday as there's some serious bands playing and would be my preferred day overall, is it a bit dickish for me to go early and let her fly over the next day? Also is going to a festival for a day on your own a bit sad? Any thoughts welcome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,626 ✭✭✭bren2001

Hi all would love to get some peoples opinions on this, I'm going to a festival with my girlfriend but she cant get off work the Thursday and wants to go to the Friday instead, there's still two days which is grand and we're not camping as we have an apartment in the city but I really want to go the Thursday as there's some serious bands playing and would be my preferred day overall, is it a bit dickish for me to go early and let her fly over the next day? Also is going to a festival for a day on your own a bit sad? Any thoughts welcome

Only you can answer the first question. Personally, I would but others wouldn't.

No, its not sad to go to a festival for a day by yourself. I've gone to a few concerts alone/ arrived late and met people after. You make friends at the different acts and ultimately you are there for the music.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭jme2010

Where should I ask this question?

I'm looking to book a table in diceys / krystal for Sunday night. Has anybody ever done this here or know how easy/difficult it is?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 darrentree92

I wasn't really sure what forum to ask this question on but Vantastival is a local festival out my way and it is well known that local residents have been given complimentary tickets for the event due to the noise pollution and general disruption.

Now, there is another festival (Caravan of Love) on even closer to me and I was wondering if anyone could direct me in the direction of an article/legislation where it is mandatory to give out complimentary tickets to local residents within a 2 mile radius? That is what I have been told but I would like proper confirmation before I approach the organisers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

I seriously doubt there is any legislation that forces someone to give out free tickets. I'd suspect it is more likely a "sorry for the inconvenience" kinda thing that promoters do to stop people trying to block the planning permission.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lc180

Anyone been to a gig in Hangar before? It's the old Andrews Lane theatre I believe.

I've never heard of it before and just wondering what to expect size wise and any useful info like that.

Cheers.

• Advertisement

lc180 wrote: »
    Anyone been to a gig in Hangar before? It's the old Andrews Lane theatre I believe.

I've never heard of it before and just wondering what to expect size wise and any useful info like that.

Cheers.

Haven't been there, and their website doesn't have lots of information, but have a look any way.

http://www.hangardublin.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Cheers.

i seen ASH in ALT around 6yrs ago, was a free gig with 7up or some bollocks, great little venue, you go in, bar is on left, IIRC you can't see the stage from the bar, holds maybe 3-400 but nice compact little venue, sound was spot on too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Cheers.

I was there for their launch night a few months back, I thought it was a good venue with a decent layout and sound quality...although it was The Minutes playing that night rather than the DJ centric route they're going now so acoustics could be different?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lc180

Easy Rod wrote: »
    I was there for their launch night a few months back, I thought it was a good venue with a decent layout and sound quality...although it was The Minutes playing that night rather than the DJ centric route they're going now so acoustics could be different?

Yeah when I look Hangar up online its seems like a club venue that only does dance gigs but I'm planning on seeing Jeffrey Lewis play there, he's a indie - folk musician so not the type of venue I was expecting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Can anyone give me some guidelines on seats in the National Concert Hall? The gig I want to go to still has some seats in the Stalls, first few rows, not quite in the middle but not right at the side either, probably 8 seats from the edges.

I presume these will be good seats? Are the first 2 or 3 rows too near to the stage? Any advice would be appreciated, I've never been to the NCH before. Cheers!

Edit: It's a kinda rock, acoustic gig not an orchestra or opera just in case that makes any difference

johnnykilo wrote: »
    Can anyone give me some guidelines on seats in the National Concert Hall? The gig I want to go to still has some seats in the Stalls, first few rows, not quite in the middle but not right at the side either, probably 8 seats from the edges.

I presume these will be good seats? Are the first 2 or 3 rows too near to the stage? Any advice would be appreciated, I've never been to the NCH before. Cheers!

Edit: It's a kinda rock, acoustic gig not an orchestra or opera just in case that makes any difference

I've been to NCH once. I was sitting at 5th or 6th row on the side, very good seats.
    Acoustics and view of stage are both very good.
    The stage is a bit higher than the seats, so IMO it would be better if you can avoid the first 3 rows.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

Going to Paradise Lost at The Academy this weekend and the website gives a time of 6:30 which presumably means that's when the doors open, is there any way to find out when the actual gig is meant to start?

Kev W wrote: »
    Going to Paradise Lost at The Academy this weekend and the website gives a time of 6:30 which presumably means that's when the doors open, is there any way to find out when the actual gig is meant to start?

Sometimes the promoters will post exact stage times on their website or social media pages, but closer to the day - maybe the same day of the concert or teh day before.
    Usually gigs at the Academy finish a bit after 22:30, so depending on how long Paradise Lost will play, they 'd be on stage between 20:30 and 21:00

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

Irish Aris wrote: »
    Sometimes the promoters will post exact stage times on their website or social media pages, but closer to the day - maybe the same day of the concert or teh day before.
    Usually gigs at the Academy finish a bit after 22:30, so depending on how long Paradise Lost will play, they 'd be on stage between 20:30 and 21:00

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Anyone know if I go into a ticketmaster outlet like Stephens green can I buy tickets for a concert in the UK? Thanks!

• Advertisement

Anyone know if I go into a ticketmaster outlet like Stephens green can I buy tickets for a concert in the UK? Thanks!

Not 100% sure, but I don't think you can.
    I know from a case where I booked a ticket online for a gig in London, that although I booked it through the Irish site, any queries I might have should be addressed to the UK site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 ceatharlach abu

Hey guys. Can.anyone tell me what parking there is at 3 arena on concert day. And is it worth it to buy the official parking ticket on ticketmaster? Travelling from tipperary via motorway.... Or should I just get the luas??

Hey guys. Can.anyone tell me what parking there is at 3 arena on concert day. And is it worth it to buy the official parking ticket on ticketmaster? Travelling from tipperary via motorway.... Or should I just get the luas??

I wouldn't be familiar with parking as I don't drive.
    The Luas is quite handy, they have at least 3 of them waiting at any time, there will be stewards to help people as well, you can be in Dublin City Center in 15-20 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 ceatharlach abu

Irish Aris wrote: »
    I wouldn't be familiar with parking as I don't drive.
    The Luas is quite handy, they have at least 3 of them waiting at any time, there will be stewards to help people as well, you can be in Dublin City Center in 15-20 minutes.

Id have to get the las from red cow. Apparently it can take 45 mins to the point from there! So i reckon I'd be better off just driving straight there, unless parking is going to be a nightmare.

Id have to get the las from red cow. Apparently it can take 45 mins to the point from there! So i reckon I'd be better off just driving straight there, unless parking is going to be a nightmare.

The Gibson hotel next door to the 3Arena has a parking, but it might be a bit dear.
    There is another hotel further down the road on the Quays (I think it's a Jury's Inn, but I am not a 100% sure), which also has parking.

In any case, enjoy your gig!!

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭gary29428

It's my first time booking the 3 arena with ticket master (X Factor tickets for Xmas). Is there a way I can choose a seat, everytime I go in ticket master issues me tickets at the extreme left of the stage no matter what price ticket I choose. Does this mean all other tickets are sold and this is all that's left.....thanks

gary29428 wrote: »
    It's my first time booking the 3 arena with ticket master (X Factor tickets for Xmas). Is there a way I can choose a seat, everytime I go in ticket master issues me tickets at the extreme left of the stage no matter what price ticket I choose. Does this mean all other tickets are sold and this is all that's left.....thanks

I assume you are looking for seating, yes?
    How many tickets are you trying to buy?
    I tried it myself and when selecting 1 ticket it gave me a very good seat in block D in the middle. When selecting 4 it gave me Block A to the side.
    It might be an indication that there aren't many tickets left together.
    I don't think you can select seats for this event.

I would suggest (if you haven't done already), selecting best available seating without restricting price.
    Alternatively you could try an outlet (if you have any close to where you live), in case they can find better seats for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭mckar

Got seats in the Olympia Theatre row a seat 1 and 2 in stalls thought they where great seats but now I am thinking they might be restricted veiw. Can anyone shed some light on this for me please. Thanks in advance.

mckar wrote: »
    Got seats in the Olympia Theatre row a seat 1 and 2 in stalls thought they where great seats but now I am thinking they might be restricted veiw. Can anyone shed some light on this for me please. Thanks in advance.

I don't think row A would have any restricted view at all. I reckon you will be at the side, but that's about it.
    The only slight issue I would have with stalls row a is that the stage is a bit higher than the seats. Minor hassle though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Med101007

I will be attending a gig tomorrow night in the Olympia Theatre in Dublin and I am just enquiring where would be the best place to park. I will be travelling by car from Athlone and returning back to Athlone straight after the gig. I am not too familiar with the roads in Dublin City Centre. All I know really is how to get to Heuston Station by car but from there I get completely lost.

Advertisement