Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** QUESTIONS *** All non specific gig questions in here.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Med101007 wrote: »
    I will be attending a gig tomorrow night in the Olympia Theatre in Dublin and I am just enquiring where would be the best place to park. I will be travelling by car from Athlone and returning back to Athlone straight after the gig. I am not too familiar with the roads in Dublin City Centre. All I know really is how to get to Heuston Station by car but from there I get completely lost.

You'd probably be better off parking at Heuston and then getting the Luas to Jervis. Traffic in town is crazy at this time of year anyhoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lc180

JJ wrote: »
    You'd probably be better off parking at Heuston and then getting the Luas to Jervis. Traffic in town is crazy at this time of year anyhoo.

Not a bad suggestion, definitely a more stress free option.
    However if you want somewhere close to the venue there is a car park on Fleet St which is a few minutes walk from the Olympia. They have a website you can look up for directions and cost info etc.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Has anyone here sat right in the back corner in the 3area/O2? What's the view like?

Got tickets for Hans Zimmer, only €65 ones left were very much in the corner. Roughly here.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

What's the best way to sell Ticketmaster "TicketFast" tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

MJohnston wrote: »
    What's the best way to sell Ticketmaster "TicketFast" tickets?

www.toutless.com - Great place to sell tickets at FACE VALUE

Other Options - (set your own price);

www.seatwave.ie
    www.viagogo.ie
    www.donedeal.ie
    www.gumtree.ie
    www.adverts.ie

#ticketfairy on Twitter
    Event page on Facebook

There is always some people who are wary of Ticketfast tickets soley because the original purchaser can print them as many times as he/she wishes, however, with original hardcopy tickets, the purchaser can easily contact TM stating tickets never arrived and have new tickets re-issued so it works both ways.

I'm finding alot more people are using the TOUTS like seatwave (a ticketmaster company) and viagogo purely because they "guarantee" the tickets. The seller also does not receive the funds until after the event to ensure the tickets remain valid and are not cancelled/resold etc etc.

Anytime I've sold tickets in the past, I've met the person face to face. I have always provided the original purchase email/receipt from TM and show my ID during the hand-over.

• Advertisement

Yeah sorry, I wasn't asking about particulary selling sites, I'm pretty aware of most of them - it was more specifically whether there was an official mechanism for transferring TicketFast tickets to anyone else. Seems there is not!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

MJohnston wrote: »
    Yeah sorry, I wasn't asking about particulary selling sites, I'm pretty aware of most of them - it was more specifically whether there was an official mechanism for transferring TicketFast tickets to anyone else. Seems there is not!

Ah, I'm with you now.

No official way of transferring as TM's T&C's state that re-selling of any kind is not allowed in any form.

It's basically a case of printing the ticket and exchanging it face to face with the person buying or sending via email when payment is received.

Ah, I'm with you now.

No official way of transferring as TM's T&C's state that re-selling of any kind is not allowed in any form.

It's basically a case of printing the ticket and exchanging it face to face with the person buying or sending via email when payment is received.

That's kind of crazy considering they run Seatwave themselves, though it's Ticketmaster, so I believe you entirely!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 skwawk

Do TM quietly add extra seats to sold out shows? I just bought tickets for a gig that was supposedly sold out, is it a mistake/problem with the website or legit?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

skwawk wrote: »
    Do TM quietly add extra seats to sold out shows? I just bought tickets for a gig that was supposedly sold out, is it a mistake/problem with the website or legit?

Yeah, They're called 'Production' seats. When the promotor receives the final specs for the stage show they sometimes release the extra tickets, and a lot of the time these are great seats.

Also, any tickets that were on hold for the band/record company/promotor that have not been used will also be released

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 skwawk

scudzilla wrote: »
    Yeah, They're called 'Production' seats. When the promotor receives the final specs for the stage show they sometimes release the extra tickets, and a lot of the time these are great seats.

Also, any tickets that were on hold for the band/record company/promotor that have not been used will also be released

Thank you, I was worried there was a mistake. My tickets are standing GA so no great seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,375 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

skwawk wrote: »

To add to Scuds answer there is are also likely to be tickets that didn't sell on their secondary site for mad prices for "Sold out" gig thrown back to sell on TM at original price as date of event draws near they'll go under the banner production tickets too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Hi,

Will be going to Beyonce in croke park on the 9th of July.

Plan on getting the train up and down.

Do Irish rail have late trains after the concerts from Heuston to Cork ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Hi,

Will be going to Beyonce in croke park on the 9th of July.

Plan on getting the train up and down.

Do Irish rail have late trains after the concerts from Heuston to Cork ?

I am not aware of late trains, not very likely. You may want to check with them directly.

I think though there are bus services that might be convenient for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,435 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

They had late trains after Springsteen so it's possible. Probably depends if they think there will be demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Heading to Marley park for the stone roses. Where's best for a pint prior to the gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Sr. Pirotecnic

Other than venues' individual websites, is there one "go to" site for details of upcoming gigs in Ireland (esp Dublin)? Is there anything better than Songkick?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

http://last.fm used to be good but it seems to have lost most of the userbase. http://Entertainment.ie has listings but can be a chore to read them all as they list each and every club night.. each night! There is http://dublinconcerts.ie/ too. Ticketmaster has a venue alert option which it is worth signing up for but will only show you the events they are selling tickets for. Wavtickets and tickets.ie websites are easy enough to browse and check in addition. Personally I think rather than rely on one site to pull the info from the others (which often breaks) get used to check a few at the start of the month for what is coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,888 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Anyone been to the Iveagh gardens before? What's it like as a venue?

• Advertisement

Suas11 wrote: »
    Anyone been to the Iveagh gardens before? What's it like as a venue?

Iveagh Gardens is a nice place for an outdoor concert venue. You have all the greenery and nice office buildings around you. They usually put down a white plastic covering in the audience area in front of the stage so you don't have to worry about the mud.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

I'm going to Bell X1 in the Iveagh Gardens on Friday. Does anyone know what time they're on at? The tickets says doors at 6pm but I've been to gigs the say that and the band doesn't come on 'til 8pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lc180

I'm going to Bell X1 in the Iveagh Gardens on Friday. Does anyone know what time they're on at? The tickets says doors at 6pm but I've been to gigs the say that and the band doesn't come on 'til 8pm.

Last year it was the following for most gigs there.

Gates 6.30pm
    Support Act 7.30pm
    Main Act 8.45pm

Give or take 15 mins for each act.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Dundalkian

Can anyone tell me what the policy on flares is for most concerts?
    Would you still get in if caught? Would it just be taken off you? would they be right c**ts and bring ye to the gaurds? any feedback greatly appreciated, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Dundalkian wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what the policy on flares is for most concerts?
    Would you still get in if caught? Would it just be taken off you? would they be right c**ts and bring ye to the gaurds? any feedback greatly appreciated, cheers

No idea but just don't bring one for everyone's sake. Why would you want to?

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭grazer

Also going to Bell X1 tomorrow evening in the Iveagh Gardens. I haven't been to a gig there before. What's the set up in terms of seating (on the grass I presume!), food, drink....? And entrance to the gig - off Harcourt Street? Anything else useful to know? Presume we can't bring a picnic and bottle of wine with us :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭ronano

What sites do people use for upcoming gigs? I used to use last.FM but it's useless these days

• Registered Users Posts: 6,375 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

ronano wrote: »
    What sites do people use for upcoming gigs? I used to use last.FM but it's useless these days

Songkick

• Registered Users Posts: 12,888 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

I have a ticket for a concert in the 3 Arena but it's on the top tier and I hate heights. What's the view like from up there and are the seats steep?

• Advertisement

Top tier is a little high but the view is alright. There will probably be screens on each side of the stage. Don't do what I did the one time I had top tier seats and start trying to find your seat as the lights are dimmed. The usher/steward was running around like a mad thing trying to find people's seats and I was left stranded on the steps waiting for him.

Advertisement