Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** QUESTIONS *** All non specific gig questions in here.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Any idea who were supporting Electric Six in the Academy last night? I got there late and missed the introductions, and can't find the info on Facebook or Twitter.

Edit: never mind. Found them on Twitter. A band called We Are Z.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭jemser

Hello
    Ordered Standing tickets for Avenged Sevenfold but when I went to print them
    its coming up with Section GA3, Row G9 , Seats 92-94...Are these standing or sitting tickets?
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

jemser wrote: »
    Hello
    Ordered Standing tickets for Avenged Sevenfold but when I went to print them
    its coming up with Section GA3, Row G9 , Seats 92-94...Are these standing or sitting tickets?
    Thanks

...so you ordered standing tickets :D

They are standing tickets if you shifted through this thread it's probably the most asked question GA is General Admission i.e. standing

I think at this stage 3arena could best do a thirteenth floor job and distance themselves from a G section call it something else when displaying their seated maps we mightn't get this so often. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

.They are standing tickets if you shifted through this thread it's probably the most asked question GA is General Admission i.e. standing
    I used the search function and did not find too many. Sometimes the GA have numbers, but this apparent listing of actual rows and actual seat numbers seems deliberately misleading.

Before I have seen GA stand 92-93 or something like that in the olympia (stand being short for standing but obviously confusing people at stadium gigs where it happens too), but that poster clearly stated rows & seats which I do not think I have seen before, not sure. I first thought "here we go again", but would have certainly looked twice myself.

I wonder if they have a vested interest to be confusing people, like a paid information phone line. Nothing would surprise me with these scumbags, bet ticketmasters CEOs kids get fake coal for christmas...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

General question regarding 2 ticketmaster tickets I bought for someone as a gift. Old tradition perhaps but I would rather not the price to be on the tickets as its a gift but it just comes on the ticket. The figure is only small so I was thinking about just carefully blanking it out on the ticket with a marker and not going near the bar code. Should that be ok to do? I assume once the barcode is fine it should be ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

General question regarding 2 ticketmaster tickets I bought for someone as a gift. Old tradition perhaps but I would rather not the price to be on the tickets as its a gift but it just comes on the ticket. The figure is only small so I was thinking about just carefully blanking it out on the ticket with a marker and not going near the bar code. Should that be ok to do? I assume once the barcode is fine it should be ok.

I wouldn't expect any issues if you went ahead and did the above as generally the ticket staff don't look at the ticket and just point the laser from the reader towards the barcode.

However, I'd imagine there's some stipulation within the TM T&Cs which warn against any unauthorised markings or adjustments being made to tickets.

Plus, the recipient of the ticket could easily just check the ticket price online if they so wish.

Maybe drop TM an email or tweet to be safe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Sold an eticket recently for a Vicar Street event. I’ve sold many in the past and nobody has ever had any issues. However this time, the person I sold it to pointed out that some venues need written permission etc that another person is picking up the ticket. (He went to the trouble of reading the small print on ticketmaster!)

I’ve rang Vicar st several times to ask/confim but no answer, same with Twitter. Of course anyone could write a letter pretending to be me to confirm it’s ok to pick up a ticket.

Any thoughts?

seachto7 wrote: »
    Sold an eticket recently for a Vicar Street event. I’ve sold many in the past and nobody has ever had any issues. However this time, the person I sold it to pointed out that some venues need written permission etc that another person is picking up the ticket.
    I don't get it, if its an e-ticket there is no ticket to pick up, its not like you're on a guest list or box office collection or something where they might ask for ID. You print out the sheet and that's the ticket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

rubadub wrote: »
    I don't get it, if its an e-ticket there is no ticket to pick up, its not like you're on a guest list or box office collection or something where they might ask for ID. You print out the sheet and that's the ticket.

Sorry my mistake. Pick up at box office is what I meant!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Lols71

I have bought two Ariana Grande standing tickets in 3arena for my daughter who is 9yrs old. However, apparently there are no under 14's allowed in the standing section. Does anyone know if this is strict or how do you get around it??? Tks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,787 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Hi there & welcome to boards.
    I have moved your query from the forum for site feedback to the Gigs & Events forum as you are more likely to get a better response here.
    tHB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,712 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Lols71 wrote:
    I have bought two Ariana Grande standing tickets in 3arena for my daughter who is 9yrs old. However, apparently there are no under 14's allowed in the standing section. Does anyone know if this is strict or how do you get around it??? Tks

If possible try change them for seated, you'll enjoy the seats. Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

Bought a ticket using my mother's credit card (as a gift and with consent might I add!!) and just wondering if there will be any problem because her name is printed on the ticket as cardholder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,904 ✭✭✭bren2001

Bought a ticket using my mother's credit card (as a gift and with consent might I add!!) and just wondering if there will be any problem because her name is printed on the ticket as cardholder?

No, there won't be an issue

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

bren2001 wrote: »
    No, there won't be an issue

Thanks very much!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Anyone ever used this crowd for getting top gigs? http://www.busestoconcerts.com/muse-vital/4593833414

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,590 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

with the new 3arena security measures starting from tonight, would i able to bring this type of bag in with me

70020822_l.jpg

ill only have my portable power bank in it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

I'm going to a concert in a few weeks at the 3 Arena. The only thing is that I'm up near the top (about 6 or 7 rows down) and I really don't like heights.

Does anyone know what the view from up there is like and would it be bad for someone who's afraid of heights?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

Suas11 wrote: »
    I'm going to a concert in a few weeks at the 3 Arena. The only thing is that I'm up near the top (about 6 or 7 rows down) and I really don't like heights.

Does anyone know what the view from up there is like and would it be bad for someone who's afraid of heights?

I was in the last row once: obviously a bit far away from the stage but still a great view. Also the sound appears to be excellent at any position at that venue.

Regarding the height you will probably be grand: there is no steep view to the ground from anywhere (unlike on the sides of croke park). You feel that you are elevated, but it's rather like being at the top of very wide stairs. Not like looking into the abyss.

• Advertisement

sabrewulf wrote: »
    I was in the last row once: obviously a bit far away from the stage but still a great view. Also the sound appears to be excellent at any position at that venue.

Regarding the height you will probably be grand: there is no steep view to the ground from anywhere (unlike on the sides of croke park). You feel that you are elevated, but it's rather like being at the top of very wide stairs. Not like looking into the abyss.

Thanks, it was the steepness that I was worried about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

PTH2009 wrote: »
    with the new 3arena security measures starting from tonight, would i able to bring this type of bag in with me

70020822_l.jpg

does anyone know how strict this nonsense rule is being enforced at the venue?

70020822_l.jpg

The bag might be over the stated limit, but the limit is also presuming the back will be full. A bag of that style could be rolled up neatly showing there is only something small inside. They just want to speed up searches. A bag like that is easily searched.

I doubt thing would be thrown away anyway. I once forgot I had my swiss army knife going into the point, they took it and I had to go claim it back after the gig. There was an office with loads of pen knives in it and people collecting them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭denismc

Looking to go to a gig in Alexandra Palace in London but the reviews I have seen don't rate it highly as a venue.
    Anyone been and what are your thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,590 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

with all the new security measures in the 3arena did they not think of the possiblity of when the show concludes as like in Manchester an attack could happen when the crowds are coming out of the arena ???

with all the new security measures in the 3arena did they not think of the possiblity of when the show concludes as like in Manchester an attack could happen when the crowds are coming out of the arena ???

this is a term to describe this nonsense.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Security_theater

The "increased casualties" is especially interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Maybe wrong thread, but anyone know capacity of RHK for standing gigs? (Green Day and Coronas)

And If there's a pit or just a free for all?..

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Maybe wrong thread, but anyone know capacity of RHK for standing gigs? (Green Day and Coronas)

And If there's a pit or just a free for all?..

Thanks!

No Pit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Anyone ever used this crowd for getting to gigs?
    http://www.busestoconcerts.com/

• Advertisement

Anyone know if there's a cloakroom in The Academy?

Advertisement