Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** QUESTIONS *** All non specific gig questions in here.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

leaveiton wrote: »
    How strict are the Sugar Club on ID? Really want to go to something there with a friend but we'll both still be 17 when it's on. Unfortunately, we both also look a bit younger. I could possibly pass for 18, but she's had trouble getting into 16s films before when she was almost 17. So I don't know whether we should risk it or not.

If you look underage you'll most likely be asked for ID.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,487 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Hi All,
    I bought tickets for Gorillaz a few months ago, and they were rescheduled to Nov 11th. However, one of the guys was unable to go to the new date. I was under the impression that this was pretty much tough luck, but I was told recently that if a gig is rescheduled, I can get a refund? Two of the Three tickets were used, so am I still able to get my money back on the third ticket?

Thanks all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

You should have been able to get a refund before the gig - I wouldn't say you have any chance of getting a refund now though.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,487 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Thanks for that. I only found out this after the gig. The third person was hoping to make it, but only found out that day that he was definitely not able to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 lawyer?

Does anyone know the band who were playing in Dundrum last Saturday, about 5pm, on the top floor by Easons? Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

On saturday I am heading down to Ticketmaster at Henry's Street in Dublin to buy my mum tickets for Boyzone at the 02 in Dublin next March. This will be her christmas present.
    I was wondering how do you order tickets at the outlets? Do you go up and ask for the artist and what venue they are playing?
    I don't know what to do because this is my first time not buying online.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

karaokeman wrote: »
    On saturday I am heading down to Ticketmaster at Henry's Street in Dublin to buy my mum tickets for Boyzone at the 02 in Dublin next March. This will be her christmas present.
    I was wondering how do you order tickets at the outlets? Do you go up and ask for the artist and what venue they are playing?
    I don't know what to do because this is my first time not buying online.

You have answered your own question :D

Just go up to the person behind the counter, tell them what gig you want and what date, and ask for the tickets your after, they will tell you whats available and whats not, and your sorted, try use a laser card or cash, if you use visa or mastercard they charge you an extra fee. Good Luck :D

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Maybe_Memories

Does anyone know of any venues in Dublin that frequently put on alt-rock/post hardcore shows? Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 haveacigar

Hi Folks. I have never been to the O2. I've booked standing tickets to Roger Waters 24th May. The Standing Tickets three start with G10 and two start with G3. There are areas G3 and G10 in the seat map. However the tickets also say ground floor standing. My question is are the standing areas penned off from each other or will all my mates be able to stand together and move around the general standing area?

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

You may have to go in different doors but the standing area is all one. There are no sections. So once you're in you will see each other. It's done that way so there is not everyone trying to go in the same door.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 dj kieran

hi all,im looking for some advise.i purchased tickets for the script as an xmas present for my wife that i sourced through adverts.ie. the tickets are a print out(ticketmaster xpress tickets). is there anyway to check that these are genuine? im just starting to panick abit.
    any help would be great.thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,926 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

dj kieran wrote: »
    hi all,im looking for some advise.i purchased tickets for the script as an xmas present for my wife that i sourced through adverts.ie. the tickets are a print out(ticketmaster xpress tickets). is there anyway to check that these are genuine? im just starting to panick abit.
    any help would be great.thanks

If the person you bought them from had a pretty high feedback and a high post count on Boards then the chances of you being screwed reduce dramatically.

As for checking if they're genuine, i'd say they certainly are genuine, but some scumbags would sell 4/5/6 of the same print out.

Don't mean to worry ya, just saying it like it is.

cheers thanks.on date of printing it has todays date and the time was just before i arrived at his house.i hope they are genuine.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,926 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

dj kieran wrote: »
    cheers thanks.on date of printing it has todays date and the time was just before i arrived at his house.i hope they are genuine.

Sounds grand, ya know his address etc, if he was gonna scam ya then he'd have made sure he met you away from his home, and as for date of printing, that's just when he printed them, not when he bought them.

never thought of it like that.thanks for reassuring me. happy christmas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 haveacigar

CiaranK wrote: »
    You may have to go in different doors but the standing area is all one. There are no sections. So once you're in you will see each other. It's done that way so there is not everyone trying to go in the same door.
    Many thanks for the clarification CiaranK

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

haveacigar wrote: »
    Many thanks for the clarification CiaranK

No bother. Goin myself. Gonna be a great show.

All the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

I am still waiting on Cheryl Cole to announce a tour supporting Messy Little Raindrops.

If she does announce a tour, I really want to get a backstage pass.

According to this website, its easier than you think;
    http://www.igotbackstagepasses.com/aboutus.htm

I plan on buying that book and finding out for myself. Hopefully there will be some good stuff in it.

Also do you have to buy backstages before the actual tickets because I know they would probably sell out fast.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I got backstage at a couple of Boyzone gigs years ago because my aunt's group were the supporting act... but that's it...

• Registered Users Posts: 10 TruffleShuffle

Hope someone can help. Heading to a gig in Vicar Street for which a friend bought tickets for me with her credit card. Will the print out of the order confirmation/email be enough or are they strict enough that I actually need to borrow the credit card from my friend?
    Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 technogoblin

Happened to me recently, I rang ticketmaster and they asked me to bring a confirmation with the credit card details, but to be honest the guy behind the desk didn't seem to really care once I had the confirmation. If you wanna be sure, get your friend to give them a ring and leave a note at the box office.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭hynesie08

karaokeman wrote: »
    I am still waiting on Cheryl Cole to announce a tour supporting Messy Little Raindrops.

If she does announce a tour, I really want to get a backstage pass.

According to this website, its easier than you think;
    http://www.igotbackstagepasses.com/aboutus.htm

I plan on buying that book and finding out for myself. Hopefully there will be some good stuff in it.

Also do you have to buy backstages before the actual tickets because I know they would probably sell out fast.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but 2 things.

1 That book looks like a complete scam

2 Even if you get "backstage passes" the chances of you spending any real time with the person is not great. Between arriving at the venue, soundcheck, in cheryls case hair make up etc you'll be lucky if theres a half hour of free time before they go on stag. This gap of time is your best bet but is usually taken up by concert winners, vip's and premium members.

Not trying to rain on your parade. If vip tickets go on sale and all you want is a signed photo and a pic, go for it. But if you think backstage passes mean spending hours hanging around with them then your going to be disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Backstage passes are a rarity

Almost every single pass for a gig has very specific clearance [where you can go, when, and for how long]

The only people with backstage passes are the ones who need them, venue staff, PR and all the rest. Only others are the artist's family and friends

If you buy a VIP Meet and Greet ticket, you still dont get backstage. They usually take place on the floor of the venue before the doors open, so then you stay there and your right up front

That site is 100% a scam

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Moved from Celebs & Showbiz.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Maybe_Memories

Are there any clubs in dublin that primarily play rock and punk or anything similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

whelans play rock/indie mix most nights of the week

for punk, and heavy rock, id imagine your looking af fibbers, just down off parnell st, and fibbers 2 which is open on the quays where the voodoo lounge used to be....

apart from them, the village play rock music, but its intertwined with a random enough mix, 60s to today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭AhSureTisGrand

I'm going to see Elbow on 31 March at the O2. The time is given as 18:30. Is this when the gig starts, when we're let in, or something else? What time should I arrive to get a good position in the standing area?

"U16s must be accompanied by a parent/guardian." I'm not 16 but I can easily pass for it. Should this be enough to get in? Do they care anyway?

Sorry if much of this has been asked already, I'm a newb :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭AhSureTisGrand

Mr.S wrote: »
    18:30 is when your let in, basically the earlier you get there, the closer you'll be there to the front:)

Technically, they can refuse you if your under 16 and have no one over 18 with you, but i've never seen the o2 strictly enforcing this. I'd say you'll be fine, but if they do ask, just find a guardian in the queue;)

Thanks. Temporary adoption sounds like fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Mother Duck

Hi there,

Posting on behalf of the OH - didn't quite know where to go with this, but hopefully someone can give some advice...

Herself is organizing an event (500 - 1000 heads) and was trying to find a ticket provider who can handle both online tickets and paper tickets.

If anyone has any ideas or experiences, please share.

Thanks

MD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Toast

Haven't arranged anything personally but I've talked to promoters who've had good experiences with tickets.ie.

Advertisement