Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** QUESTIONS *** All non specific gig questions in here.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭lilsis

Pretty sure this is in the wrong place but not really sure where else to put it, sorry. Anyway heading to the Strictly Come Dancing Live Tour in the O2 this Saturday and we purchased a parking ticket just to save us hassle but I know there isn't supposed to be any parking at the O2 so can anybody tell me where it is? Also will I be able to park there for the day or will it only be for a certain time? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

I know the Academy is over 18s, does anyone know if you can get someone in under age if they're on the guest list?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Detanon

Hi, do they give out pit passes in the Academy if its sold out? I dont know whether i should line up now.
    Sorry I dont know where else to post this.
    Thanks.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

There is no pit in The Academy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

People who line up for the Academy are slight eejits if you ask me :p It is tiny

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

People who line up for the Academy are slight eejits if you ask me :p It is tiny

:D

True, the academy itself is smaller than your average pit. You could go in 5mins before the main act come on and stroll up to the front :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 MichaelOD93

Please I need to go out somewhere and i'm not 18. :'( Does anyone know any all ages gigs on around Dublin coming up soon? Much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Buttons_sb

im buying tickets for the ice hockey up in belfast in march and was wondering what the deal was with the ticketmaster student tickets. Will they accept your college id there?

*edited as apologies if this is in the wrong forum

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭hyperbaby

I bought tickets for a gig in March in the Olympia Theatre.
    Does anyone know how bad the restricted view seats are?

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Daisy03

Are those the unreserved seats in the upper circle? If so, then I found them to be grand. Get there early to get the better ones. We were four rows back on the right hand side and we were really happy with them. We were expecting them to be terrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Is it ground floor restricted view? If so your dealing with this 491076989a11723634307l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭hyperbaby

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/seatingchart/198239/12277

Row M, Seat 23.

Might be okay, right?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Hender

Buttons, hockey NEVER sells out anyway...best bet would be either contact the odyssey box office boxoffice@odysseyarena.com or just wait to you get to the arena and get tickets....only £4.50 difference if they dont accept the college id

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Niamh_1989

Hey,

If I wanted to buy tickets for a gig happening in england can i go into a ticketmaster stall in ireland to buy the tickets??? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Not sure, but you can definitely buy tickets for gigs in the UK off the Irish ticketmaster site! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Ragamuffin

I'm a bit worried about these 'restricted view' seats too. I'm most likely going to be buying tickets for a show in the olympia with seats in stalls 'restricted view' - Row P seats 21/22.

I know it's a long shot but has anyone ever been seated in or around, or even remotely close to here?

Hynesie08 do you mind me asking exactly what row and seat no. were you at with that view?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Ragamuffin wrote: »
    Hynesie08 do you mind me asking exactly what row and seat no. were you at with that view?

I'd love to help but i honestly can't remember and my ticketmaster account doesn't have seat details.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Ragamuffin

hynesie08 wrote: »
    I'd love to help but i honestly can't remember and my ticketmaster account doesn't have seat details.

Lol I see, no problem! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

I can only vouch for "section STALLS, row R, seat 22"

It was grand! There was no pilar in front of me (my worst nightmare!) - I think that the only thing that was restricting the view was the overhang from the first level upstairs, the seat was quite far back, and the Olympia slopes upwards, so the very VERY top of the stage was cut off for me... but that didn't matter to me. I would take that seat again instead of a nosebleed seat in the Upper Circle any day of the week :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭jc77

t7b5S.jpg

Looking to get 2 tickets for a gig at the Marquee, Cork this coming June. I would like to get seated tickets (my girlfriend is small). Is it a lottery when using the ticketmaster website, or is it possible to choose a seating area?

I used the site & only seated tickets I can find are Block C, Row C, seats 23 & 24 (consistently). Perhaps they are the only seats available? These are the €70 seats - nothing showing up for the €59 seats.

Is this seating area a good spot?
    Is it possible to choose seats?

I tried their phone number earlier, but it's one continous automated message.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

It is a sort of lottery yeah. The system works to get you the "best" seat in the section.

I was at a Marquee gig a few years ago and the seats seemed to have a decent view of the stage but they were all empty as it was a Slayer gig :D

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭jc77

Are there telephone lines always automated, or is there a way to get through to speak with someone working there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Automated as far as I know. You could try ringing or calling into a local agent to see if they can sort you out.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

I wouldn't hit 'Best Available' as they will be the dearest, on the drop down menu go 'Tiered Seating' and you should get 59E seats, these will be block B which runs parallel with the stage. Was down there last summer and the seating looks to have a good view from all sides. Good luck;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Just having a look at buying Paul Simon tickets, they are on sale on Tuesday priced at €60 and €70.70, does anyone know are the dearer tickets seated or standing?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

ncmc wrote: »
    Just having a look at buying Paul Simon tickets, they are on sale on Tuesday priced at €60 and €70.70, does anyone know are the dearer tickets seated or standing?

I'd imagine they're seated , if its an all-seater gig , they'll be close to the front.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 353 ✭✭discodiva92

Ordered tickets on Monday but been a change of plan gig is weeks away
    I paid by Lazer any way i can cancel the order ?

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Twigster

No.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 353 ✭✭discodiva92

I was hoping there would be a cooling off period or the fact i havent got the tickets yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

What gig is it??

Advertisement