Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** QUESTIONS *** All non specific gig questions in here.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,624 ✭✭✭bren2001

sell them on www.toutless.com. Usually you can get rid of them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I was hoping there would be a cooling off period or the fact i havent got the tickets yet

I'm afraid not

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 353 ✭✭discodiva92

Bought tickets for someone to Journey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Cooling off period doesn't apply to services, which tickets are.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 353 ✭✭discodiva92

Ah balls:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Put an ad on www.advert.ie , ya may have to take a small hit (€5) below face but as it's not a sold out gig I doubt you'd get face value

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭McGarnagle92

Does the Academy sell drink at their gigs? The over 18 ones obviously
    Just curious...

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

Yeah pretty sure they do,
    I got a couple of pints in the middle room a couple of years back at ladyhawke, and pretty sure my friend got a pint upstairs a couple of weeks back at the go! team.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭McGarnagle92

revz wrote: »
    Yeah pretty sure they do,
    I got a couple of pints in the middle room a couple of years back at ladyhawke, and pretty sure my friend got a pint upstairs a couple of weeks back at the go! team.

Brilliant, thanks good to know

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭lachin

Hi, I'm heading to Westlife in the O2 in a few weeks. I have a ticket for standing section E3? Anyone know what section this is? Am I right in thinking we'll be stuck at the outer side of the stage with a brutal view?
    Thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭DylanJames

The standing area in the O2 is just one big area, there are no sections. The numbers on standing tickets have nothing to do with where you stand

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Yeah, get there nice and early and have your pick of the floor. It's awesome. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭AhSureTisGrand

Yeah, get there nice and early and have your pick of the floor. It's awesome. :D

How early is that?

Really depends on the band, to be honest. It would be worth asking other folks who've seen the act before what they reckon.

Probably at least an hour before doors, give or take a bit. If there's a couple of mates going, grab a burger from the stall on the corner and have a laugh, the time will fly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

How much do band tshirts usually cost? specificly The Blackout ones? Do they only do tshirts or do they do some sort of Hoodie/Zippie thing??
    Sorry if this question seems kinda stupid, i just havent been to a concert in yonks and im just wondering how much money to bring etc. XD

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Prices are set by the band but the size of the venue they are playing and the prices of shirts is surprisingly consistent I found. Sub 1000 person venues = €15-20. 1000-1500 capacity = €20-25. 5000+ = €30+

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Toast wrote: »
    Prices are set by the band but the size of the venue they are playing and the prices of shirts is surprisingly consistent I found. Sub 1000 person venues = €15-20. 1000-1500 capacity = €20-25. 5000+ = €30+

I know this is true but totally ridiculous IMO, surely if a band is playing a larger venue they will sell more shirts so can reduce the price.

Always remember going to Dynamo Festival in Holland some years back, Pantera headlined, a Pantera shirt worked out at around 8quid, yet when they played Ozzfest at Milton keynes Bowl 3 weeks later the exact same shirt was 20!!!

On the other hand, merchandise is often worth more $$$ per unit to a band than a CD is nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

I'd say 20/25 euro for their tshirts, and 40 for hoodies if they have any :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

I'd say 20/25 euro for their tshirts, and 40 for hoodies if they have any :pac:

Sounds about right.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 denise88

Hi,

I got an email off ticketmaster telling me I was allowed to buy presale tickets so i went on anyway and the tickets were all right just not as close as I'd like haha. So I was just wondering in a presale do they only sell a designated amount of seats or is any seat fair game?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

Hi, I;m going to see Elbow in the O2 tonight. I booked the tickets on ticketmaster yesterday and i have to collect tickets from the box office.

I have 2 questions.

1. Whereabouts in the O2 is the box office?
    2. How long before the event can tickets be collected from the box office?

cheers in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Box office is to the right of Entrance A. Usually will be open at the same time as the doors are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

is that the river side?

Hi guys

Heading to O2 next week to see Westlife with girls, standing tickets and so we want to get right up the front!! Any ideas on what time we should be queueing at? ( yes I know... " no queueing before 6pm"!!!!)

thanks!

lachin wrote: »
    Hi guys

Heading to O2 next week to see Westlife with girls, standing tickets and so we want to get right up the front!! Any ideas on what time we should be queueing at? ( yes I know... " no queueing before 6pm"!!!!)

thanks!

Bump please

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Alicano

Anyone know why there would be a Eur6.15 service charge on one gig, and eur4.20 on another? Is it to do with the venue or promoter?
    Not a complaint just would like to know?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I was wondering if I buy a print out ticket on Ticketmaster, can I wait until later before I print out the ticket?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

JJ wrote: »
    I was wondering if I buy a print out ticket on Ticketmaster, can I wait until later before I print out the ticket?

Yup. You can log in and print it out whenever you want and as many times as you want.

Make sure when you do print it though that you check it printed correctly. I've had some weird things come up on my printed tickets on occasion and had to do it again to get it right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭wawaman

Hi, i was wondering if anyone knew what time (roughly) bands do their soundchecks if they are playing the Olympia? The reason i ask is when the Manic Street Preachers are playing in a few weeks i was gonna chance my arm and see if i could get them to sign a cd for me when they would be going in for soundcheck

Advertisement