Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** QUESTIONS *** All non specific gig questions in here.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,926 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

wawaman wrote: »
    Hi, i was wondering if anyone knew what time (roughly) bands do their soundchecks if they are playing the Olympia? The reason i ask is when the Manic Street Preachers are playing in a few weeks i was gonna chance my arm and see if i could get them to sign a cd for me when they would be going in for soundcheck

Most bands will do a soundcheck between 5-6, arriving at the venue anytime after 4.30

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭meenmore

I got a ticket sent in the Post, but I was wondering if the automatic email confirmation from Ticketmaster, printed out, would suffice for entry instead.

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

No. What's the stop you using the email to get in and then you giving your real ticket to get in for free.

Unless you used the "Print your own ticket" option when purchasing, you have to wait for the real deal to come in the post, I'm afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭tippniall

Does anybody know anything about a gig that kila are playing this summer, think jamie lawson is playing too.Heard it advertised but cant remember what its called!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

tippniall wrote: »
    Does anybody know anything about a gig that kila are playing this summer, think jamie lawson is playing too.Heard it advertised but cant remember what its called!

Helium

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I was thinking about going to a concert in Whelans and I just noticed that on Ticketmaster, it seems to be sold out. Well when I say sold out, it keeps letting you search for tickets like a fool rather than just telling you there are none available.

Anyway from what I can see, there is something called Wav Tickets which seems to be a part of Whelans. Is it possible they still have tickets or would it be the case that once Ticketmaster are sold out, that's it completely sold out?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭RayCon

G-Money wrote: »
    Well when I say sold out, it keeps letting you search for tickets like a fool rather than just telling you there are none available.

Welcome to Ticketbasterd ...a headwrecking fOOkin system if ever there was one ...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,369 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Ring whelans - (wav) and try soundcellar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

Guys whats the brief of going to a concert with someone elses name on the ticketmaster tickets (hard copy)? Can I be asked for ID ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,512 ✭✭✭bren2001

Guys whats the brief of going to a concert with someone elses name on the ticketmaster tickets (hard copy)? Can I be asked for ID ?

No you won't be asked for I.D. that matches the name on the ticket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Toast

RayCon wrote: »
    Welcome to Ticketbasterd ...a headwrecking fOOkin system if ever there was one ...

From what I heard this behaviour is because there are tickets marked as pending release in the system. This is usually the case when tickets are pegged as reserved for the promoter/artist or tickets reserved for people with disabilities and their companions. The promoter/artist tickets usually get released back into the system if they aren't claimed by a certain time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

My son has special needs and would need a seat at The Academy, I would imagine all the tickets on ticketmaster are standing.
    I've tried to contact The Acacemy but have had no luck. Any suggestions please?

magnumlady wrote: »
    My son has special needs and would need a seat at The Academy, I would imagine all the tickets on ticketmaster are standing.
    I've tried to contact The Acacemy but have had no luck. Any suggestions please?

As far as im aware there is no lift in the Academy so he would have to walk up stairs. If that is ok then contact continue to contact the Academy and they will give you a VIP band. This will give you access to the balcony, which is quite empty for gigs, and im sure they will provide you with a chair as well.

Theres no point in ringing if there isnt gig on that night it is usually closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

bren2001 wrote: »
    As far as im aware there is no lift in the Academy so he would have to walk up stairs. If that is ok then contact continue to contact the Academy and they will give you a VIP band. This will give you access to the balcony, which is quite empty for gigs, and im sure they will provide you with a chair as well.

Theres no point in ringing if there isnt gig on that night it is usually closed.

Thanks a million, that's great. Yes he's fine with stairs it just the standing for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

I've never been there and am heading in tomorrow night to see Brian Kennedy, can anyone recommend the best please to park? I was going to just park in the Royal College of surgeons car park and walk to the concert hall. Any suggestions welcome:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Plenty of on-street parking in the area. Just read the signs and pay accordingly.

Approx. price of on-street parking per hour around that area please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Looks like €2.90 per hour but it may be free after 19.00. I haven't been in that area for a while.
    The pay and display hours are not on the Dublin City Council site.

You might get a better response on the Dublin City forum

Cheers trad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭tippniall

Gillington wrote: »

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Kiwi J

Anyone know if the view from the unreserved seating in the NCH is any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

anyone have any good idea's on how to smuggle drink into slane?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Is it safe to sleep in your car when at a festival, specifically oxegen, or will people be knocking on windows or trying to break into cars or anything like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Often times the balcony at the Academy is reserved for guestlist only though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,285 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭freekhead

what ever happened to the Gig Buddy thread? I thought it was a great way of meeting people off boards.ie gig section and was a bit of craic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Toast

Was shut down because it wasn't really used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭miss.piggy

Hi, I have just booked two tickets for a gig in the olympia. C13 and C14 stalls. Just wondering - will there be a good view of the stage from here or will they be abit too close and too low? Should I have picked say G13 and 14? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭wayhey

Has anyone any tips for travelling from the RDS back home to Kildare?

Advertisement