Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor; Change of billpay terms; get out of contract?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

Just rang there too, exact opposite to yesterday, moved over to payg with no hassle at all and said final bill will be at the end of the month, not even a mention of sending an email or letter to say i want to leave :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Keith186 wrote: »
    I rang there and asked to move to PAYG because the t&cs changed.
    Was asked if I wanted to go to another bill plan and I said not at the moment. Just moved me over straight away with no hassle and told me my final bill is on 5th September.

Seems a bit fishy compared to the hassle I had the last time I called. Wonder if their up to anything?!

What time did you call and how long did it take to go back to payG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

I doubt they're up to anything, except finally realising customer retention is important.

However, legally you are oblidged to cancel in writing.

Had the Same, Customer Service wanted 30days i was like Nope. How long did it take to Change over to PrePay fully?
    manu2009 wrote: »
    Just rang there too, exact opposite to yesterday, moved over to payg with no hassle at all and said final bill will be at the end of the month, not even a mention of sending an email or letter to say i want to leave :D

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

She just said to turn the phone off for 20 mins and it should switch over then. So im still waiting to turn it back on :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭Keith186

What time did you call and how long did it take to go back to payG

Just called at 620. Thought itd be closed. He said turn off phone for 20 minutes so haven't turned it back on yet.
    I text 'my minutes' to 50104, is that the right number to check remaining? Got a txt saying it wasn't recognized.

Let me know if it changes over, I'm waitin over a hour now..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Anyone else change tariff to a lite plan? Were you all told to just wait until the next billing period for the change to come into effect?

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

quick question, can I sign up for a new smart 35 euro 12 month contract and then switch to the 30 euro price plan?

woop wrote: »
    quick question, can I sign up for a new smart 35 euro 12 month contract and then switch to the 30 euro price plan?

:pac::pac::pac::P:P

• Advertisement

woop wrote: »

Wouldn't imagine so but I'm not sure.

PHDan ill let ya know in a while when I turn it on.

Let me know if it changes over, I'm waitin over a hour now..

Turned it on made a call and balance is too low. Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

I was told they would switch me to PAYG ,but then I got voicemail 10 min later saying there was an issue and they were having trouble changing me over:eek:

Rang back, was told it was in the hands of tech support and could take 48 hrs...

I signed my contract just over 2 weeks ago, so I'm still on my old plan( bill pay lite) till my next bill date.. I'm hoping it will work out ok...should I be worried!?

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭chillin_penguin

cojomo2 wrote: »
    I was told they would switch me to PAYG ,but then I got voicemail 10 min later saying there was an issue and they were having trouble changing me over:eek:

Rang back, was told it was in the hands of tech support and could take 48 hrs...

I signed my contract just over 2 weeks ago, so I'm still on my old plan( bill pay lite) till my next bill date.. I'm hoping it will work out ok...should I be worried!?

No they have record of your call and have agreed to sort it out, i would think you would be fine. Just keep on to them with such high volume of people switching they might forget

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

Done and dusted, contract cancelled. Moved from Bill Pay smart 35. Only took about 5 minutes, well talking to cancellations took about 5 minutes. Spent 20 minutes onto Customer Service who stonewalled something shocking, so hung up and rang cancellations directly and got it sorted, just waiting to turn phone back on :)

Rang back the first girl decided to make change over on the 28th of Aug even though she said 30min, Another 20min wait joys

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

I was told I could only change to PAYG immediately. Which suited me fine. I've been invoiced for the next month but the DD hasn't been taken. I was told that would be credited next month, which I don't mind.

Strange that he wouldn't put me onto Smart Lite considering I assume I can just walk into a shop tomorrow and so it myself. Haven't been on PAYG since I was 17. I hate having to worry about credit. Ironically, does anyone know what Data charges are like on PAYG until I sort out a new bill package?

Funny how all this started by them making an improvement but I don't feel bad, they were happy to take o2's customers a month ago.

Very impressed with Meteor I have to say. After a bit of panic they've got their act in order. customers are being kept happy and not moving provider and are being shunted to Payg where the same usage as a pay plan could cost up 100 euro :)

Win win plus a certain amount will return.to contract for.the.next fancy phone. Great business;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

NothingMan wrote: »
    Haven't been on PAYG since I was 17. I hate having to worry about credit.
    Funnily enough was thinking the same thing myself.

Covey wrote: »
    Very impressed with Meteor I have to say. After a bit of panic they've got their act in order. customers are being kept happy and not moving provider and are being shunted to Payg where the same usage as a pay plan could cost up 100 euro :)

Win win plus a certain amount will return.to contract for.the.next fancy phone. Great business;)
    Agreed, they may have made a small loss at first but they've ensured the happiness of many many customers. If any of the other network operators were faced with this I shudder to think of how they would have handled it. In any case, Meteor's the de facto Android network. I won't be leaving anytime soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,035 ✭✭✭BArra

i rang and cancelled there, said turn off fone for 20mins and i would be on PAYG

he wudnt swap me to bill pay smart lite, said i had to go in store and sign the new amended contract

oh wells, will do it at weekend

my bill period starts on the 15th of the month, so whats the story, can i cancel my direct debit to meteor or what should i do?

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭chillin_penguin

BArra wrote: »
    i rang and cancelled there, said turn off fone for 20mins and i would be on PAYG

he wudnt swap me to bill pay smart lite, said i had to go in store and sign the new amended contract

oh wells, will do it at weekend

my bill period starts on the 15th of the month, so whats the story, can i cancel my direct debit to meteor or what should i do?

Yes you pay your bill in advance so you can cancel it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Signed up to a 12 month contract on the 19th, would this be open to me?

Can you sign up to a new contract then a month down the line?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

think ill either try for the upgrade or just sign a new contract (does this have to be done in a months time?)

never liked having to stump up full price for a new phone.

for those now on bill pay lite, if you spot a new phone on standard bill pay in a few months time that takes your fancy, would i be correct to assume you would be treated as a new bill pay customer for the purposes of a subsidised phone? (ie better price)

Pacifico wrote: »
    Signed up to a 12 month contract on the 19th, would this be open to me?

Can you sign up to a new contract then a month down the line?!
    Luckily for you... Yes to both questions :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 MightyMurvin

Just successfully cancelled and am back to PAYG, 6 months into an 18 month contract.Thanks to chillin_penguin over on the meteor boards, he's on here too.

Has anybody successfully cancelled and recieved a refund of there deposit. I paid a €100 deposite up front when i signed up. I asked the guy in cancellations about it and he said i should contact the credit controller on 01-4307056. I have a feeling that its going to be a dose getting the money back since it was such a breeze getting out of the contract.

The number for cancellation is 1800-222-085 if somebody is looking for it and dosen't feel like trawling through the thread. I spoke to an Alan in cancellations who got very rude when I wouldn't sign up to a new deal there and then on the phone with him. I kept telling him i wanted time to think things through and look at my options. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Just successfully cancelled and am back to PAYG, 6 months into an 18 month contract.Thanks to chillin_penguin over on the meteor boards, he's on here too.

Has anybody successfully cancelled and recieved a refund of there deposit. I paid a €100 deposite up front when i signed up. I asked the guy in cancellations about it and he said i should contact the credit controller on 01-4307056. I have a feeling that its going to be a dose getting the money back since it was such a breeze getting out of the contract.

The number for cancellation is 1800-222-085 if somebody is looking for it and dosen't feel like trawling through the thread. I spoke to an Alan in cancellations who got very rude when I wouldn't sign up to a new deal there and then on the phone with him. I kept telling him i wanted time to think things through and look at my options. :D
    I was told that I'd have to wait to get my final bill which will show the credit on my account before they can physically refund it. Keep us updated if they tell you any different.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭thomasjad

I'm just wondering for anyone taking out a contract now, if the EU makes operators lower roaming rates again will people be able to leave bill pay like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

thomasjad wrote: »
    I'm just wondering for anyone taking out a contract now, if the EU makes operators lower roaming rates again will people be able to leave bill pay like this?

They have already lowered the rates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

So if i cancel my contract:
    1)I Wont loose my phone
    2)I could connect up again in 90 days and get a new phone on Contract: hmmmm HTC Desire!!!!

Advertisement