Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor; Change of billpay terms; get out of contract?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

To be honest O2 didnt make it difficult , the Girl wasnt to interested in trying to save me at all she just changed me onto pre pay,

Sure If i worked for Meteor Id prob use to thread to advertise new products such as Broadband, Mobile Accessories and Price plans.

Which of course can be found at www.meteor.ie :):):):):)

:D

Are you sure you're not a Meteor employee?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

hobochris wrote: »
    I'd say someone at meteor has been reading this thread, the change in attitude seems to coincide with yesterdays debate in this thread on the legalities of the situation.
    they must have figured customer retention > legal battles.

I'd be more inclined to say that they were taken by surprise at the amount of cancellations over a contract change that was only beneficial to the customer - they then acted professionally and took a proactive approach to the situation...

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Andrew Cage

Im pretty sure I dont,

Sure I dotn have Free calls and texts to everyone on meteor or free texts to all networks for just €20.00 per month and I havent even had a chance to view there great range of handset available in store or online at

www.meteor.ie :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

Im pretty sure I dont,

Sure I dotn have Free calls and texts to everyone on meteor or free texts to all networks for just €20.00 per month and I havent even had a chance to view there great range of handset available in store or online at

www.meteor.ie :):)

Wasn't funny the first time so please stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Andrew Cage

A folks come on .. Im sure you can take a joke ...

Relax .. downlaod one of the many relaxing games at

www.meteor.ie/Games its great :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

LouBear3 wrote: »
    I think its gas :D

Fair enough! :mad::P

Its about time Meteor showed a bit of consistency because it still seems some are being told to return the handset while others aren't. I wonder what (if any) criteria are being used to determine this or is this just another result of poor internal coordination/communication which they really should have sorted by now...

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭djgaillimh

please do not name staff members. -random

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Bluefoam wrote: »
    I'd be more inclined to say that they were taken by surprise at the amount of cancellations over a contract change that was only beneficial to the customer - they then acted professionally and took a proactive approach to the situation...

What department do you work in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 danz

LouBear3 wrote: »
    I think its gas :D

me 2

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭t.henno66

ffs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 danz

Gillopleb wrote: »
    I think yis are all just scabby Cavan folk...
    haha couldn agree more

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭djgaillimh

Gillopleb wrote: »
    I think yis are all just scabby Cavan folk...

I take offence at the insinuation that I'm from Cavan.

it's not about the money though. 12-month contracts are just something we put up with because we want a nice phone. Nobody will stay tied in to that if they don't have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,130 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Get back to work Meteor folk. You have loads of cancellations to process.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭t.henno66

Agree, it's blatantly obvious. Three of them signed up today and only interested in this thread

Hurry up and get the desire in so i can avail of my free upgrade :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10 MightyMurvin

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

t.henno66 wrote: »
    Agree, it's blatantly obvious. Three of them signed up today and only interested in this thread

Hurry up and get the desire in so i can avail of my free upgrade :p

Eh. your included in the suspicions :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

I asked if I could just switch over to bill pay smart lite to which she responded, I wouldn't get to keep the phone but I could keep it if I switched to payg. So I switched to payg, strangest stance ever.:D

Corkfeen wrote: »
    I asked if I could just switch over to bill pay smart lite to which she responded, I wouldn't get to keep the phone but I could keep it if I switched to payg. So I switched to payg, strangest stance ever.:D

I think its because you physically have to go into the shop and sign a new contract for smart lite as it is an entirely different service.

Also because they may want to take hefty deposits off us for future contracts :D

Hogzy wrote: »
    I think its because you physically have to go into the shop and sign a new contract for smart lite as it is an entirely different service.

Also because they may want to take hefty deposits off us for future contracts :D

If you cancel, they have the right to refuse you another contract as there is a penalty period.... They can also refuse to subsidise another phone for you.

If you cancel, they have the right to refuse you another contract as there is a penalty period.... They can also refuse to subsidise another phone for you.

And you can refuse to sign up to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

What if you decide to move network after they force you to go PAYG. Would they have any case for looking for the phone back? Anyone here plan on leaving Meteor after this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Hey, the EU regulations state "no penalty" explicitly.
    This its the first I've heard of this ...

long_b wrote: »
    Hey, the EU regulations state "no penalty" explicitly.
    This its the first I've heard of this ...

It is not a penalty. They can just refuse your business based on past record... Why would they want to subsidise a phone to you again if you got out of your last contract without paying in full for the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

It is not a penalty. They can just refuse your business based on past record... Why would they want to subsidise a phone to you again if you got out of your last contract without paying in full for the phone?

They could do so but why? I've completed two contracts with meteor before this one. Refusing to give me another would be just stupidity.

They could do so but why? I've completed two contracts with meteor before this one. Refusing to give me another would be just stupidity.

Well, that is just difficult to argue with. Stupidity indeed...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,130 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Well, that is just difficult to argue with. Stupidity indeed...

You really think they can afford to pick and choose their customers right now? If they denied anyone another contract over this they'd be complete idiots, which I would think they're not.

If they denied anyone another contract over this they'd be complete idiots
    The knowledge you possess of the mobile industry is overwhelming.

Their current customer is a low earning, low spending, disloyal (reflected in this thread) with little future career hopes in the short term (reflected in the current economy...

TBH, if I was in Meteors position, I'd target more suitable clientèle - people with a mental capacity greater than that of a three year old, people with earning power, people who want to partake in meteors offer, but who are put off by being associated with their current customers. How would they do this? Maybe by setting up and running a parallel brand within the same infrastructure...

Please apply a sarcastic tone to my above statement - but what I'm talking about is what they are actually doing.

Its not that they won't take your money - they will - its just that they don't value you as much as you value yourself...

The knowledge you possess of the mobile industry is overwhelming.

Their current customer is a low earning, low spending, disloyal (reflected in this thread) with little future career hopes in the short term (reflected in the current economy...

TBH, if I was in Meteors position, I'd target more suitable clientèle - people with a mental capacity greater than that of a three year old, people with earning power, people who want to partake in meteors offer, but who are put off by being associated with their current customers. How would they do this? Maybe by setting up and running a parallel brand within the same infrastructure...

Please apply a sarcastic tone to my above statement - but what I'm talking about is what they are actually doing.

Its not that they won't take your money - they will - its just that they don't value you as much as you value yourself...

So old fokes who have more money than sense. The people who earned tonnes of money in the past decade but lost it all recently. The same people who will be dead in the next 20yrs. Yeah that looks like a very bright future for the mobile company that chases those customers. Competition is good in business, so is attracting young customers who may become loyal to the company/brand. But in order for them to be loyal the company/brand must treat them well. And IMO meteor has treated their customers very well here and I really cant see myself leaving the network any time soon even though i have no contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭ooter

I'm only 2 and a half months in to a 12 month contract with meteor,what would be my chances of getting an upgrade?
    To be honest,I'm happy with the service I get but I wouldn't mind getting 1 of them experia phones.
    I was going to ring them and say the screen on my phone is cracked and as much as I'd like to stay as a meteor customer I can now get out of my contract because they have changed the t+c's.no point seeing out the remainder of my contract with a phone with a cracked screen if I can get out of it.
    Worth a shot?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

ooter wrote: »
    I'm only 2 and a half months in to a 12 month contract with meteor,what would be my chances of getting an upgrade?
    To be honest,I'm happy with the service I get but I wouldn't mind getting 1 of them experia phones.
    I was going to ring them and say the screen on my phone is cracked and as much as I'd like to stay as a meteor customer I can now get out of my contract because they have changed the t+c's.no point seeing out the remainder of my contract with a phone with a cracked screen if I can get out of it.
    Worth a shot?
    I got the upgrade myself, but I am 7 months into a 12 month contract.
    You have nothing to lose by calling them to find out.

Advertisement