Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor; Change of billpay terms; get out of contract?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭M450

I told them I wanted to cancel the contract and move to PAYG. The girl came across angry and simply insisted that to cancel the contract I would have to return the phone along with a written letter of cancellation to a meteor store.
    Wow, taking it personal haha. Just ring up again and they'll be better prepared for it...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

How on earth does it make businesses sense for Meteor to continue with these changes ?
    They're losing contract customers to PAYG or giving out free upgrades left, right and center.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Because they have to...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

They can blame the EU. :D

Anytime a network changes its' terms and conditions for existing customers whether they be positive or negative changes you are entitled to cancel without penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

That is just what 3 are doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭T-Square

Hi everyone,

I don't follow, why do people want to get out of contract?

I would like to reduce my 65 euro montly bill, is that possible?

Toodles

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

T-Square wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Toodles
    Because we can and yes, just cancel and move to a different tariff :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Does not compute.

You ask why people want to get of their contract, and then ask if you can reduce your monthly bill.

2+2=?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Hi everyone,

Toodles

If the €50,pm Lite tarriff suits you, you could change to that and have only a monthly contract.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

So just to get some clarification on this as there is conflicting comments on this. I rang up on friday and switched to Bill Pay lite 10 there and then on the phone. Do I get free meteor text with this or is that only an in-store offer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

squared wrote: »
    So just to get some clarification on this as there is conflicting comments on this. I rang up on friday and switched to Bill Pay lite 10 there and then on the phone. Do I get free meteor text with this or is that only an in-store offer?

You get free meteor texts and 50 messages to other networks for free

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭M450

squared wrote: »
    I did the very same thing, didn't even think to confirm it as I expected it to b true...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Just did it this morning. Billing period is up on the 14th so I said I want to go PAYG from then on. They said I'd get a text to confirm then. Had no problem whatsoever with customer care or cancellations as they seemed to know the score pretty well.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Amaru KGB

Can this work if you are on the 30 Euro bill lite plan?

I've been having awful problems with meteor overcharging me and just want to get out asap

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

you still have to give 30 days notice to leave this plan without being penalised 1 months rental.

but yeah, you can get out without any notice or penalty as long as you signed up before they announced their new data pricing.

Amaru KGB wrote: »
    Can this work if you are on the 30 Euro bill lite plan?

I've been having awful problems with meteor overcharging me and just want to get out asap

Seriously?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Dose anyone know if this get out of contract applies to Meteor USB mobile broadband contracts ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Dose anyone know if this get out of contract applies to Meteor USB mobile broadband contracts ?

It does not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Amaru KGB

cojomo2 wrote: »
    you still have to give 30 days notice to leave this plan without being penalised 1 months rental.

but yeah, you can get out without any notice or penalty as long as you signed up before they announced their new data pricing.

Cheers

JustinOval wrote: »
    Seriously?

Yeah they keep charging me for internet that I don't use so I'm sick of ringing up and complaining.

I'm changing back to PAYG so I can have more control over my bill

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭root69

Hi all,

I rang CC on the 1800*** number mentioned on the previous post and the girl told me ok send email to us explaining the situation. I sent email and follow up with a call to the same number when I got a guy on the phone that did not mentioned my email only asked for my information and I got the following info.

If you want to get into any plan and get the Free Calls and Text to meteor as part of the plan. Then you need to go PAYG and then move to the plan. This might take time and you will probably go into the selection, maybe deposit process included required for bill pay contracts.

The existing deposit should carry on to the next bill plan and will be credit after the 6 month. (The deposit should be a security in case you dont pay your contract)--- So if you are on a month basis contract like Lite30 then I dont know if this makes sense... I did not ask him... Cause then this means if you cancel you contract with the 30days notice will you still loose the all/part of the deposit???

Regarding the phone he told as long I am in the same network they have no reason to request the equipment.

Nevertheless I also have a question. when you log into your meteor.ie account you have a summary of your account where is display the type of plan you are on. Did yours changed??
    Mine has not yet. So we dont know if they actually made any changes or not and the next billing period is after 22-08 ..... so 1 month after the notification about the T&C's changes. Assuming we only have 30 days to complain about the changes.. then we loose our rights??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Hey,

I cancelled my contract over the weekend. I called into the Meteor shop on Patrick St in Cork. I ask the guy behind the counter could he cancel my account for me and this girl pipped up (right smug attitude on her) asking did I have my phone with all it's original packaging with me cos I'd have to give it back. WTF, I told her that was not true but she insisted. I then asked would she be refunding me the €180 for it? She gave some speel about how I was breaking my contract so I'd forfeit the phone. I kept mentioning the Regulation 17 "get out clause" but she was having none of it and told me contact CC (where I'd be told the same thing).

So, I stepped outside, called customer care and explained I wanted to leave my contract, penalty free due to changes etc. The guy gave me a bit of grief for a minute but put me through to cancelations anyway. Once I got through to cancelations and mentioned regulation 17, I was told I'd be put onto PAYG, no penalty, no problem. All I had to do was send a confirmation email. Easy, and HEY. I still have my phone :)

Still waiting for them to switch me over. They said it can take up to 24 hours. As soon as they do, I'm signing back up for bill pay with free talk and text.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Bacchus wrote: »
    Hey,

I cancelled my contract over the weekend. I called into the Meteor shop on Patrick St in Cork. I ask the guy behind the counter could he cancel my account for me and this girl pipped up (right smug attitude on her) asking did I have my phone with all it's original packaging with me cos I'd have to give it back. WTF, I told her that was not true but she insisted. I then asked would she be refunding me the €180 for it? She gave some speel about how I was breaking my contract so I'd forfeit the phone. I kept mentioning the Regulation 17 "get out clause" but she was having none of it and told me contact CC (where I'd be told the same thing).

So, I stepped outside, called customer care and explained I wanted to leave my contract, penalty free due to changes etc. The guy gave me a bit of grief for a minute but put me through to cancelations anyway. Once I got through to cancelations and mentioned regulation 17, I was told I'd be put onto PAYG, no penalty, no problem. All I had to do was send a confirmation email. Easy, and HEY. I still have my phone :)

Still waiting for them to switch me over. They said it can take up to 24 hours. As soon as they do, I'm signing back up for bill pay with free talk and text.
    You should have made that call in front of her.

I'm noticing a trend of arrogant pricks working in meteor stores tbh.

You should have made that call in front of her.

I'm noticing a trend of arrogant pricks working in meteor stores tbh.

I know, I was raging. She was so damn cocky and sure of what she was saying, I stepped outside to make the call in case (after all, my only defense was "the Internet told me I could" :) ). I considered going back in to let her know that she was wrong and effectively lied to me, a Meteor customer, but that would just bring me down to their petty level. Ah well, as soon as I get put on PAYG I'm headin back in to sign up for a new plan (picking up a Wildfire too). Maybe she's working today :)

Hey,
    I then asked would she be refunding me the €180 for it?

What about the refund?

root69 wrote: »
    What about the refund?

She said I would get nothing. Not a penny, cos I was the one breaking the contract. As I said though, just call CC, they're much nicer.

I know, I was raging. She was so damn cocky and sure of what she was saying, I stepped outside to make the call in case (after all, my only defense was "the Internet told me I could" :) ). I considered going back in to let her know that she was wrong and effectively lied to me, a Meteor customer, but that would just bring me down to their petty level. Ah well, as soon as I get put on PAYG I'm headin back in to sign up for a new plan (picking up a Wildfire too). Maybe she's working today :)

I can see operators adding terms to say only one subsidised handset per customer per year, or something...

She said I would get nothing. Not a penny, cos I was the one breaking the contract. As I said though, just call CC, they're much nicer.

Yes but with CC they gave you the deposit?, will you get the 180euro in the end or no?

• Advertisement

root69 wrote: »
    Yes but with CC they gave you the deposit?, will you get the 180euro in the end or no?

Oh no, I don't have to give the phone back at all. Thought I said that.

Advertisement