Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor; Change of billpay terms; get out of contract?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Anyone still waiting to be ported to PAYG?

Rang at about 4 and haven't got the text yet....

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭jellybaby21

Just to say thanks, I managed to cancel my 18 month contract with them today, back to payg, no hassle at all :)
    I was getting screwed with the plan I had, so changing back to payg was best option for me, most of my calls and texts are meteor so I have free calls and texts now.
    Thanks a mill guys!!
    Dunno what I would of done if I hadn't come across this thread :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,035 ✭✭✭BArra

im looking to get a htc desire..whenever they come back into stock

i cancelled my billpay contract last week, if i head into a store to get the phone and a new bill pay smart contract, am i likely to run into any problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

BArra wrote: »
    im looking to get a htc desire..whenever they come back into stock

i cancelled my billpay contract last week, if i head into a store to get the phone and a new bill pay smart contract, am i likely to run into any problems?

nope

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

elmoie wrote: »
    just rang and nice girl put me on hold for ages then said the changes are
    1) mobile broadband they are phasing out 15GB
    Tl;dr

I am on a mobile broadband 10 gig contract. Do these changes affect me in any way?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 MightyMurvin

Just got my 100 Euro deposit back into my bank account today :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

Just switched there, on smart pay 35 moving to smart pay lite 30 from tomorrow.

Girl was very helpful and it only took 2 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

NothingMan wrote: »
    Has anyone here got out of contract and gone to another network?

If so, have they chased you for the handset back?

I honestly don't see how they could. If it was never mentioned on the phone and you were put on PAYG and then decided to move networks I don't see how they have any recourse to then ask for the phone back.

I E-17'd 2 weeks ago, moved to PAYG, got my final bill from them and paid it straight away. Went back to three at the weekend. So far haven't heard anything from Meteor, and they can swing for it if they ask for the phone back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

Ok it has probably been answered, but I cannot find it:

I moved from Three to Meteor billpay back in May, and kept my (sweet-ass) 083 number.

If I now exercise my right to cancel and switch to PAYG, THEN go into store and switch to a Smart Lite plan; Do I have to change my number? Or can I keep the number I just moved from bill to PAYG with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

You can keep your number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭jonas7

I signed a contract with a new phone only a month ago and am happy enough with it. I would however like to get a new phone for my girlfriend. If i ring up cancellations and say "i wont cancel my contract if you give me an upgrade" are they likely to agree?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

jonas7 wrote: »
    I signed a contract with a new phone only a month ago and am happy enough with it. I would however like to get a new phone for my girlfriend. If i ring up cancellations and say "i wont cancel my contract if you give me an upgrade" are they likely to agree?

Probably not after only 1 month, if they were to give you another subsidised phone so soon into the contract any profit they will make off you over the course of the contract will probably be eaten up by the cost of the second subsidised phone

Managed to get the Meteor rep to give me free Meteor calls and texts.....didn't have to move to PAYG and sign up in store to bill pay lite which was nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,035 ✭✭✭BArra

i wanna get the desire on a new contract on the billpay smart 35e 12month contract

on the website it says u will get 200mins, 200 texts, 1gb data, and free meteor calls and texts

i rang a local meteor store at the wkend and was told i wouldnt get free meteor calls and texts as there was uncertanty over it and she beleived the offer was over??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Forth time lucky - after 4 different promises they would call me back I got through to them and the guy played dumb and said 'oh, and what is regulation 17???' He eventually put me on to cancellations and they were really nice - big up to Meteor for that.
    It was really straight forward and the first words out of the reps mouth was 'do you want an upgrade?' I said no as I only have my HTC Desire about 3 months and asked if I go to Bill Pay Lite for €30 can I get an upgrade next time a nice phone comes in (like the Desire HD) she said yes thats no problem. So I have a Desire for €149 (got €100 trade in too so it only cost €49) and I can get an upgrade in 30 days time - cool.
    I would say play for the upgrade if you can and then you can have a second cool phone for a song and stay with Meteor which I think are by far the best network in Ireland. I presume you will need to sign up for a new 12-18 month contract under the new terms.
    BTW - is this due to finish on the 12th? My wife has a Legend and we are thinking of doing the same for her contract ASAP

Finishes on the 22nd afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Does anyone who has moved to a lite plan know what happens on the first day of the new billing period? I checked mymeteor just now and its reset the allowances to my old plan. Anyone know if that's normal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

Does anyone who has moved to a lite plan know what happens on the first day of the new billing period? I checked mymeteor just now and its reset the allowances to my old plan. Anyone know if that's normal?

Mine changes today too and I've got a mish-mash. I've the old plan Calls and texts and Data usage PLUS the extra 250mb I added to the Bill Pay Lite... :eek:

'twas all going far too smoothly :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Exact same here hope it's fixed by the morning
    Edit now it says I have no minutes and texts but 250mb data add on

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭dizart

I have got upgrade last Saturday... wasn't aware of this notice going around.
    I'm still entitled to opt-out of the contract with meteor even if I've got upgrade few days ago?
    Appreciate an answer:-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

mine seems to be incorrect also where its showing 400 mins and 400 texts when I am on the Bill Pay Smart Lite EUR30 - 1 Month which has 200 mins and 200 texts

OMG my balance reads €2284 for July data and €1684 for Aug data brining my bill to €3968 :mad:
    I presume this is a glitch but I cant contact the service desk so I will wait and see what happens

Exact same here hope it's fixed by the morning
    Edit now it says I have no minutes and texts but 250mb data add on

Same here. Phoned and they say the system is updating, should be correct later on. Be no harm to check your bill though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Covey wrote: »
    Same here. Phoned and they say the system is updating, should be correct later on. Be no harm to check your bill though :D

Cool I was just about to ring no need now

OSI wrote: »
    Just rang them myself, and they told me that I started my contract on the 30th, 8 days after the new charges were announced and so can't cancel.... Not sure what you did...

They'd have chnaged the terms by then, i would have thought. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

The quote says the terms change on the 22nd August, and Bluefoam says he only bought his phone last week which is after I bought mine, yet he got out of contract and I didn't...

I would say some people in Meteor are just more on the ball than others. He probably got someone that had done so many cancellations that they didn't even think that he wouldn't qualify and just processed it.

You could always try again and hope for Alan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Can anyone see the new charges on the site? I signed up just after the change were announced, but on the site i cannot see where it says what my out of bundle charges will be.

This is all i can see http://www.meteor.ie/plans/bill_pay/other_call_costs/ which doesn't mention the new limits.

I think i'll try ringing up and see what happens. No plan on moving, but it's always good to be out of contract.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

The quote says the terms change on the 22nd August, and Bluefoam says he only bought his phone last week which is after I bought mine, yet he got out of contract and I didn't...

I would imagine that Meteor changed the terms for new customers from the date of the change in terms. you'll need to check your contract. the 22nd of August is just the final date to exit the contract IF your terms have changed.

Ok its changed to 0 mins now so it looks as if somethings happening.

Ok its changed to 0 mins now so it looks as if somethings happening.

I was told it would update in an hour at 10am .... still nothing :eek:

• Advertisement

Still 0/0 minutes and 0/0 texts. My data add on is showing up though.

Advertisement