Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor; Change of billpay terms; get out of contract?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

still shows me as having an outstanding balance of €3989:mad:
    but I do have 400 and 400 - that's 200 more mins and texts than i should have
    my data balance is correct at 1GB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Still showing no minutes and texts here , think we could be in for a long wait .

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭tonybodhran

What a bloody great thread! Just Called up two minutes ago, quoted the change in prices and article 17, got put straight through to cancellations and I'm on pay as you go within half an hour. I hope meteor will learn from this and start giving customers who have been with them since the beginning what they are offering new customers. Thanks everyone. :D

still shows me as having an outstanding balance of €3989:mad:
    I called them and finally got through and they said it is due to the fact that I cancelled my contract and went to Bill Pay Lite. It shows me as having used 940MB of data from my last billing period and it didn't give me the data add on that I had on my last contract of Bill Pay Smart where I should have had 1GB of data.
    They say its because I used the Internet on my phone - doh:confused: I know that but I had a Data allowance and it shows me as spending €178 on the first day of my billing period - impossible, how could I go over the allowance by that much - must be a computer glitch
    They said my bill will be capped at €60 for the data but no way am I paying that as I didn't go over my data allowance - they wouldn't put me through to a supervisor as they said it needs to go to the Data Investigation Team and that they will sort it and contact me - have my doubts so I will keep pestering them until its sorted
    Moral of the story - be careful of your bill if you cancel your contract as it seems to be a bit messed up after the switch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

Still zero minutes and zero texts. according to CC it's a system issue and they're working on it :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Cancel your direct debit asap.

DD will not go out till 27th of the month but if they don't sort it by Monday I will cancel the DD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Just got information from CC now.

I will be moving to another network (crap reception in my house and poor data speeds outside of my town on Meteor), they told me to simply sign the contract with the other network and my number will be ported over.

Easy peasy.

No mention of refunds for phone, and they told me I would only be charged for the calls I make up to the time I move over networks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Still have 0 texts/mins here. Calls made today and yesterday are registered in account history but no charge so I guess there must be some glitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 cranfordmike

cheers jordainius,

just got out of my contract with meteor today. 4 months into a 12 month contract. happy days

• Advertisement

Meteor are getting a phone call now getting charged for texts to other networks when I'm supposed to have 50 of them free

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

Meteor are getting a phone call now getting charged for texts to other networks when I'm supposed to have 50 of them free

Same here. Can't really be arsed with hassle so moving today if they don't sort it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Roy Rogers

Just rang the cancellations dept. for this.

Girl was quite nice and seemed well used to the request by now, no argument or questions. She's swapped me from 18 month contract (Bill Pay Smart, €30/month) to Bill Pay Lite (€30/month).

Thanks to the OP, and everyone else in the thread, for the heads-up on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

Ok so i just done that there now, took abit of talking to the CC agent before i got put through to cancellations, but changed from bill pay smart to bill pay lite.

I know this is a stupid question, but am i now free of any contract with meteor eventhough i changed to a different bill pay plan?

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭M450

allen175 wrote: »
    Ok so i just done that there now, took abit of talking to the CC agent before i got put through to cancellations, but changed from bill pay smart to bill pay lite.

I know this is a stupid question, but am i now free of any contract with meteor eventhough i changed to a different bill pay plan?
    The new lite plan has its own contract associated with it, which is 30 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

M450 wrote: »
    The new lite plan has its own contract associated with it, which is 30 days.

Thanks, didn't see that.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭seaders

that was great! just rang the 1800 (1800222085) number earlier today, spoke to a very nice professional, polite customer service girl who gave me absolutely no grief or hassle and accepted me leaving my 18 month contract, to go to the 30-day Lite bill they do. fact of the matter is, that was a great piece of customer service for me and may change my opinion about staying with them when the next desireable Android phone comes out.

had they given me a hella lot of hassle for my legal right to cancel, I'd probably have jumped ship instantly, but because this process has gone so easily and smoothly for me, they'll continue to get near enough the exact same as they got before from me (€30 a month) and may well get a chunk of money for the next phone I want to.

still wish they'd improve their signal in quite a few areas, but for this, kudos Meteor, kudos to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Covey wrote: »
    I was told it would update in an hour at 10am .... still nothing :eek:
    I was told it could take up to two weeks. :eek: And that I should ring back then to make sure they wiped any charges. Surely 2 weeks is insane, i was going to buy an internet add-on but I think I'll hang on until this is sorted. Don't want any bills for hundreds.

squared wrote: »
    I was told it could take up to two weeks. :eek: And that I should ring back then to make sure they wiped any charges. Surely 2 weeks is insane, i was going to buy an internet add-on but I think I'll hang on until this is sorted. Don't want any bills for hundreds.

I was months waiting on my minutes and texts to be updated last year

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Still 0 mins/texts but all calls and texts that i've made are worth €0.

• Advertisement

I really need out of my contract - this thread is far too long to read through every single page - what are people saying to Meteor exactly to get out of it?

I really need out of my contract - this thread is far too long to read through every single page - what are people saying to Meteor exactly to get out of it?

Call up, say you want out because they changed their terms, say you heard it wouldn't be a problem cause of EU regulation and that's it.. I got back to Pay as you go doing that and then I called up again and got the unlock code for my phone so I can take it abroad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

I was told by the sales staff in Dundrum that if I opt out of my contract that Meteor would ask for my phone back (~3 month Desire). I stayed fairly blasé n said I knew a few people who kept their phone as incentive to stay on the network. He was adament tho.

I'll probably go ahead and do this tonight or tomorrow - ideally looking to get on to smart lite with free M2MC&T.

Does meteor still provide free texts to meteor customers?

I've been on meteor billpay since about March - can I still opt out using the regulations?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

This post has been deleted.

Score- thank you!

Do you have to give the phone back though? Not that I mind, it's nowhere near as good as I thought it would be!

Done - was told by the rather nice lady that I have to email them or send them a letter to cancellations@meteor.ie - anyone else have to do it?

No writing.. And no mention of the 4 month old w995 i've now got.

Hmm. I dropped them an email anyways - if there's no change, I'll call again tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,738 ✭✭✭SteM

consultech wrote: »
    I'll probably go ahead and do this tonight or tomorrow - ideally looking to get on to smart lite with free M2MC&T.

I was told I'd only get the free meteor->meteor calls and texts if I went to bill pay first and then went to a shop and signed up to smart lite.

They said they could put me directly on smart lite but I wouldn't get the free calls and texts.

If they tell you something different please let me know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

consultech wrote: »
    I was told by the sales staff in Dundrum that if I opt out of my contract that Meteor would ask for my phone back (~3 month Desire).

Just ring cancellations (number is in this thread somewhere) and tell them to move you to prepay. Then there is no contract and you can do whatever you want with your phone.

Advertisement