Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor; Change of billpay terms; get out of contract?

Options

Comments

The number you have to ring has been placed on the first post.

Thanks MiCr0.

Strange. I now can't access meteor.ie - my phone number and PIN won't work. This happen to anybody else?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

yup happened to me earlier i just logged in a while later

It's back for me now, only it's still saying post-pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭M450

My billing date was the 15th, yesterday. I logged in and I had changed successfully to Bill Pay Lite €10, and logged in just now and my data add-on has been applied.

I can confirm that I'm getting free Meteor-Meteor texts! :D

I just got cancellations to switch me directly on my billing date, no hassle with moving to PAYG and then signing up in-store...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 andy.murphy

hi all,

just wondering if any one can help me out. I rang meteor earlier on and was told that it only applies to Bill Pay Smart customers??

I'm currently on Connect 50 with the mobile internet add on. The girl said I have to stay on thie plan until the end of my contract.

If any one has any info or was on a connect contract please help me :(

thanks in advance,

Andy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

hi all,

just wondering if any one can help me out. I rang meteor earlier on and was told that it only applies to Bill Pay Smart customers??

I'm currently on Connect 50 with the mobile internet add on. The girl said I have to stay on thie plan until the end of my contract.

If any one has any info or was on a connect contract please help me :(

thanks in advance,

Andy.

They were incorrect. If anything it applies more to the connect plan as the smart plans include data as part of the package. People on the phone sometimes just havent a clue, and seem to say anything that comes to mind :mad:

Ring the cancellations direct, dont mind the so called customer care! Only 5 days left

Also welcome to boards :)

hi cheers for that, i've been re reading everything since i got off the fone just to make sure. I'm going to ring cancellations direct tomorrow. i will be back on to let you all kow how i get on.

Thanks again :)

Andy.

YES!!! YES!!! YES!!!

I'm now back to Pay As You Go. Thank you OP, thank you. Should I cancel my direct debit too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Should I cancel my direct debit too?
    Yes, without delay.

Haddockman wrote: »
    Yes, without delay.

Just deleted them as a beneficiary now. Happy days. Do I need to change my sim card or is it still OK?

It's gonna weird to have to buy credit now, but at least I'll know what I'm spending!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Triangla

Just called them and moved to Bill Pay Lite one month contract.

The girl on the phone switched me straight away and even offered me an upgrade right now. I told her I'd hold off until later on. Really good customer experience - very nice and helpful.

All in all it took less than 3mins, I have flexibility now to upgrade whenever I want and am getting the same mins/texts/data for €5 cheaper now.

hi all,

just to update, when i rang cancellations direct it took less than 5 mins to cancell my contract. the girl was very helpful. I'm being switched to the smart lite 30 at next billing date.
    thanks for all the help guys

Andy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

I rang up today for my mate and cancelled no problems didnt ask for phone or anything back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

Got my new bill since changing this morning. Now on bill light but data add on charged for from the date I phoned to cancel contract, even though contract wasn't changed until next due date. Got it refunded with difficulty :(

Still no free minutes or text on my account 10 days after I brought it to their attention :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭stackeye

I Just Rang and cancelled my Bill, took less than two minutes, I asked to be put on to the 10euro plan, Sim Lite I believe they call it, are people not getting there free Meteor to Meteor texts when cancelling and changing contracts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

stackeye wrote: »
    I Just Rang and cancelled my Bill, took less than two minutes, I asked to be put on to the 10euro plan, Sim Lite I believe they call it, are people not getting there free Meteor to Meteor texts when cancelling and changing contracts?

I did same as you am getting my free texts and calls just system hasn't been updated to show remaining minutes and texts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

Rang up and did it.

Switched to bill pay lite 30. No hassle.

Only a few days left people. Dont leave it to the last second

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

The gf rang today and the girl in CC said she must stay for the duration of the contract and didnt seem to know anything about all this. Will call again later and I will speak with them myself if they refuse. Does it make any difference ringing the 1800 number or 1905?
    edit: she is on the smart unlimited €85 package. Does this make any difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭M450

Well there's 5gigs of data included but she can still go over that limit and she'll be affected by the changes. So it doesn't make a difference. Ring the 1800 number this time as it's more direct. CC just give you a bit of hassle and then put you through to cancellations anyway. The 1800 number goes straight to cancellations directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Looks like I'll be popping into them tomorrow and cancelling and all just over €150:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055956064

I had dropped into the store on Henry Street last week after getting a huge chunk of the 'credit' I had built up taken off of me for the most recent bill. Chap instore said yeah you'll get that credited back as it should have been a normal bill. Rang Customer Care today and no joy, the woman was adamant that I had run up a large bill due to data and so had to pay for some of it, despite the fact that I had asked at time of contract for a data add-on.

Grrr....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

just called there and cancelled, asked to moved on to smart lite 30, no problems or questions, or asking for the phones back (1 month desire & 4 month legend).
    Great customer service, lets hope the desire hd comes out soon and i'll be all over it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Here's a quetion..

Can I go to the Meteor store now and buy a phone on contract, then tomorrow call up and cancel the contract due the change in terms, and keep the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Here's a quetion..

Can I go to the Meteor store now and buy a phone on contract, then tomorrow call up and cancel the contract due the change in terms, and keep the phone?

What do you honestly think?

JustinOval wrote: »
    What do you honestly think?

That it would depend on whether the new terms and conditions are already in force or not and, if they are not, whether I am advised of a forthcoming change to the terms and conditions at the time of signing the contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Here's a quetion..

I believe so

That it would depend on whether the new terms and conditions are already in force or not and, if they are not, whether I am advised of a forthcoming change to the terms and conditions at the time of signing the contract.

They are not 'in force' until Monday. Go for it. Let us know how you get on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

Contrary to what you may believe; Meteor actually want to still be operational this time next month.

Any new contracts will be subject to the changes as effected from the 22nd, therefore meaning you will be on the new rates from the get-go, meaning you don't have a right to cancel as they're not being changed on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

consultech wrote: »
    Contrary to what you may believe; Meteor actually want to still be operational this time next month.

Any new contracts will be subject to the changes as effected from the 22nd, therefore meaning you will be on the new rates from the get-go, meaning you don't have a right to cancel as they're not being changed on you.

Like consultech said, go for it!

consultech wrote: »

Well that's that then. But as it goes, it's contrary to what I believe.

• Advertisement

Well that's that then. But as it goes, it's contrary to what I believe.

Go with your instincts.

Advertisement