Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor; Change of billpay terms; get out of contract?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

Can you cancel your contract even though you wish to carry on with the same bill plan, or is this only useful if you want to change payplan?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Can you cancel your contract even though you wish to carry on with the same bill plan, or is this only useful if you want to change payplan?

Cancel but don't cancel? You could ask for an upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Cotts

just cancelled,woman was friendly and well aware of the situation,offered upgrade and new plan but I decided to go PAYG as im moving network

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

just rang up there and asked to cancel and after much debate they gave me an upgrade and added free calls and texts to meteor phones to my existing 20 yoyos a month plan

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Raedwald

Folks, is it the customer care dept that I ring up or the Cancellations Dept?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Raedwald wrote: »
    Folks, is it the customer care dept that I ring up or the Cancellations Dept?

Cancellations dept check the first post on this thread for the number

Sorted moved onto Bill Pay Lite with an upgrade and free texts with 50 fifty free mins, happy days.

I noticed they have moved the date back on extra week as well "due to technical difficulties".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

Only 2 days left for those who haven't already used this get out of jail free card.

Raedwald wrote: »
    Sorted moved onto Bill Pay Lite with an upgrade and free texts with 50 fifty free mins, happy days.

I noticed they have moved the date back on extra week as well "due to technical difficulties".

How did u get an upgrade if you gone onto bill pay lite ? Surely you have to sign a new contract when getting an upgrade

How did u get an upgrade if you gone onto bill pay lite ? Surely you have to sign a new contract when getting an upgrade

My bad, ive been due an upgrade for a while now just been too lazy/busy to get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭odin_ie

My mum attempted to get out of her 12 month contract today using this out, but was told they wanted the phone, a HTC Legend, back before they would allow her to cancel the contract.

Any advice on this??

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

New T&C's not live until August 29th due to technical reasons. Another week to get out of the contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

I finally got round to it yesterday; Got changed to smart lite 30 with free meteor C&T (I was using about 300 out of each of my monthly allowances on meteor numbers anyway!), down from €50 monthly 18-monther 400 mins n texts, thus negating the need for the Bill > PAYG > Smart Lite messing.

Glad I waited, as it seems as if Meteor started letting people go direct from connect to smart lite as the month wore on.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭eden_my_ass

Not going to double post but please read the following re cancellation charges

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=67613044&postcount=122

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

I just rang and cancelled. She just asked me to confirm I was calling from the number and then to send an email to them as confirmation.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭joe2010

Hi,
    I got a Desire for 180 Euro in June with a 12 month contract from Meteor.
    I recently got out of my contract with Meteor but stayed on as a Bill Pay lite customer...
    but now my phone has a hardware problem
    Can I still bring my phone back to Meteor and expect them to fix/replace it?

Thanks.
    Joe

joe2010 wrote: »
    Does this void my warrenty?

No, its doesn't. Phones have a 24 months warranty, so you are still ok to get it fixed.

Davy wrote: »
    No, its doesn't. Phones have a 24 months warranty, so you are still ok to get it fixed.

Thanks a million :)

I upgraded to 2.2 would that void my warranty?

Not a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭root69

I don't see any issue with it. Meteor leaves the phone management with HTC. Therefore all updates available ota should be applied. Or if u have insurance u can use it :)o

• Advertisement

Thanks Davy and root69,

You advice is much appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Hi,
    I got a Desire for 180 Euro in June with a 12 month contract from Meteor.
    I recently got out of my contract with Meteor but stayed on as a Bill Pay lite customer...
    but now my phone has a hardware problem
    Can I still bring my phone back to Meteor and expect them to fix/replace it?

Thanks.
    Joe
    You have not paid in full for the phone - meteor subsidised it, so they could argue that ownership of the phone has not passed to you and could, in theory refuse to honor the warranty.

Bluefoam wrote: »
    You have not paid in full for the phone - meteor subsidised it, so they could argue that ownership of the phone has not passed to you and could, in theory refuse to honor the warranty.

Deal with HTC direct, they just need the serial number.

JustinOval wrote: »
    Deal with HTC direct, they just need the serial number.

Yeah might be the safest solution... thanks :)

HTC - 01 6968474

Call this number with your serial and IMEI number handy, they will email a ticket to print and return to the UK service centre, with the phone (obviously).

What is the problem, out of nosiness/curiosity? My auto focus gave up.

Covey wrote: »
    I was told it would update in an hour at 10am .... still nothing :eek:
    Still 0 mins/texts but all calls and texts that i've made are worth €0.
    did it ever get sorted for yous ? im still showing 0 mins and 0 texts

HTC - 01 6968474

Call this number with your serial and IMEI number handy, they will email a ticket to print and return to the UK service centre, with the phone (obviously).

What is the problem, out of nosiness/curiosity? My auto focus gave up.

Thanks for the info Justin...
    The phone keeps jumping in and out of Car Mode

Thanks for the info Justin...
    The phone keeps jumping in and out of Car Mode

Dodgy USB/charger port?

Dodgy USB/charger port?

yeah i think so

• Advertisement

Watch that - if they decide it was damaged trough use it won't be covered under warranty. :(

Advertisement