Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor; Change of billpay terms; get out of contract?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

M450 wrote: »

If they raised prices would you be going on the way you are..?

No. That's the whole point, they didn't raise prices. If they had, everybody would be notified.

True, it is within the law to cancel your contract when the T&Cs change, I did it, but I was also fully aware I was the one being sneaky, cheeky or unreasonable as I claimed to disagree with a price decrease. Does anyone actually disagree with it?

If you decide to pay more off your bill each month than is charged would Meteor complain saying you're in breach of contract?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

JustinOval wrote: »
    No. That's the whole point, they didn't raise prices. If they had, everybody would be notified.

True, it is within the law to cancel your contract when the T&Cs change, I did it, but I was also fully aware I was the one being sneaky, cheeky or unreasonable as I claimed to disagree with a price decrease. Does anyone actually disagree with it?

If you decide to pay more off your bill each month than is charged would Meteor complain saying you're in breach of contract?

I do see where you are coming from but to be honest your point is totally irrelevant. :o:)

I would not agree that you were being sneaky, cheeky or unreasonable!

You weren't disagreeing with a price decrease, you were disagreeing with them changing the terms of the contract you and Meteor had originally agreed. Whether or not the change is a positive or a negative one does not matter!

Maybe you're right, I don't know. It always seemed to me like 'getting away with it'. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭M450

Maybe you're right, I don't know. It always seemed to me like 'getting away with it'. :pac:
    Yeah same here, and aren't we glad we did!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

You're like a broken record, you don't seem to understand the simple fact that they just dropped the prices on data, why on earth would they contact everybody to ask them if they agreed with this, and offer to cancel their contract if they didn't? :rolleyes:

I think it's you that's being unreasonable having signed a contract which you now decide you can't adhere to, yet you'd like to keep the subsidised phone.

how does broken record mean anything?????
    im stating fact
    stating people rights
    get over it LOL:D

• Advertisement

ive been speaking to a few mates over th past few days who cancelled there contracts they wer told that they would get a call from last wednesday,they still have not got that call there is a backlog ,so maybe they have lost that many customers they are so far behind calling back i will update asap:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭joe2010

Hi,
    I got out of my Meteor contract by stating Regulation 17 of the EC Regulations 2003 and I wanted to leave penalty free. They said ok and I changed to Meteor Bill Pay Lite. Then about 2 months later I switched to Vodafone. I have a bill from the bill pay lite contract stating 1 it's a 1 month contract.

Now I got a bill from Meteor from €223.45 Euro of a cancallation fee!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELP!!!

I called Meteor and said I left that contract penalty free penalty under EU regulation 17... they went off for about 5 min and came back and said they put a note on my file and to ring again as they couldn't get in touch with the cancallations department and I should call them tomorrow.

Should I write a letter to ComReg about this?

I am willing to go to court over this as a matter of principle.

Anyone in a similar situation or have any advice?

dont waste time with comreg print of section 17 thing copy bill and send it back i had terrible trouble but i won in the end

jimmynokia wrote: »
    dont waste time with comreg print of section 17 thing copy bill and send it back i had terrible trouble but i won in the end

Thanks for the advice Jimmy :)
    Can you tell me anymore about your story and how you won? Terrible trouble sounds scary

What address did you send section 17 and copy of bill to?
    1 Heuston South Quarter, St John's Road, Dublin 8.

Thanks.

yeah look at the other thread(how to get out of contract) here there is a long chat on that send it back to citywest outlining your rights or if they are not providing a service in full i still have not heard from them yet more has any or my colleagues .

• Advertisement

yeah look at the other thread(how to get out of contract) here there is a long chat on that send it back to citywest outlining your rights or if they are not providing a service in full i still have not heard from them yet more has any or my colleagues .

You are the man!!! Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 phoenixrun

Just have a quick question, am thinking of switching to meteor bill pay smart lite plan from o2 pay as you go. See they have an limited offer online (25 euro per month if bought online, 30 in store) But I understand that i still need to show proof of address, identity, etc. Just wondering is it complicated to show all this proof online? Guy in the shop tried to make out to me that it was and it'd be difficult switching over but he wasn't awfully helpful anyways, he wants a sale after all! Anyone else done it online themselves? Cheers :cool:

phoenixrun wrote: »
    Just have a quick question, am thinking of switching to meteor bill pay smart lite plan from o2 pay as you go. See they have an limited offer online (25 euro per month if bought online, 30 in store) But I understand that i still need to show proof of address, identity, etc. Just wondering is it complicated to show all this proof online? Guy in the shop tried to make out to me that it was and it'd be difficult switching over but he wasn't awfully helpful anyways, he wants a sale after all! Anyone else done it online themselves? Cheers :cool:

online wont be enough you will still need to show id somwwhere ,like by fax or drop into store,they are suckers for it i moved from them to o2 and did not have to show a cent was all done on phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 phoenixrun

online wont be enough you will still need to show id somwwhere ,like by fax or drop into store,they are suckers for it i moved from them to o2 and did not have to show a cent was all done on phone

Thanks...had a feeling I'd still have to show the proof. If it wasn't too much hassle though I'd do it - small saving in my pocket and not in meteors! Don't wanna leave o2 to be honest but don't feel I'm getting value for money. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Mumha

My 12 month contract ended with Meteor on Oct 15th. I'm thinking of moving to 3 as their plans seem better. Can I just move at any time or will Meteor charge me until Nov 15 ?

Mumha wrote: »
    My 12 month contract ended with Meteor on Oct 15th. I'm thinking of moving to 3 as their plans seem better. Can I just move at any time or will Meteor charge me until Nov 15 ?

you have to give a months notice , so effectively your on a 13month contract if you give notice on the 12th month ,but here is your way out you signed a 12 month contract did you sign up with a new one if not you can move anytime id just move anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Mumha

you have to give a months notice , so effectively your on a 13month contract ,but here is your way out you signed a 12 month contract did you sign up with a new one if not you can move anytime id just move anyway

Yeah I didn't sign a new one, I just assume it carries on without a contract. You're right though, just move anyway. Ta.

thats good you signed nothing your ok then move freely:D

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Raedwald

Just a quick question, does anyone know how to one goes about removing text add-ons from their phone?

Raedwald wrote: »
    Just a quick question, does anyone know how to one goes about removing text add-ons from their phone?

you need to contact operator this will depend what tarrif you have but in general it will stop at the start of next bill date

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Paul8329

jimmynokia, you have no knowledge about mobile market industry, so please stop giving incorrect information, adds are always cancld straight away, you don't need to give any notice if you are out of contract and if you change networks, please check before you post anything else... it looks pity

Paul8329 wrote: »
    jimmynokia, you have no knowledge about mobile market industry, so please stop giving incorrect information, adds are always cancld straight away, you don't need to give any notice if you are out of contract and if you change networks, please check before you post anything else... it looks pity

i work in the business sunshine what do you know? Adds are cancelled?whats that all about ,they are up on the website if you wish to look people have until the 29th of november to opt out so the new self appointed denis o brien you tell us something better we look forward to your 3rd post with all your in dept knowledge

• Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

i work in the business sunshine what do you know? Adds are cancelled?whats that all about ,they are up on the website if you wish to look people have until the 29th of november to opt out so the new self appointed denis o brien you tell us something better we look forward to your 3rd post with all your in dept knowledge
    You tell him jimmy

Add-ons, Jimmy. Add-ons.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭M450

Add-ons, Jimmy. Add-ons.
    Eh, think he was quoting Paul there when he said Adds...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Welcome Paul, head of doing Jimmys head in.

What is about emobile that makes everyone go a little mad in the head.

ad ons ? On a good note for anybody they can walk away with no penalty as the calls and internet been good or bad for who ever its an easy opt out ,i rang on behalf of a colleague and its no prob no mention of returning handset either so nows the time to go if you want .

M450 wrote: »
    Eh, think he was quoting Paul there when he said Adds...

Yeah, I know..

TBH I haven't a clue what Jimmy is on about most of the time, I shouldn't get involved.

maybe you should read then i will just remember in future seen as your saying you wont get involved or need help

• Advertisement

It's the lack of punctuation; confuses the sh!t out of me.

Advertisement