Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor; Change of billpay terms; get out of contract?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

sorry do be rushing sometimes,english master oval ,LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Meh. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭EI111

Under Regulation 17 of the European Communities (Electronic Communications Networks and Services) (Universal Services and Users' Rights) Regulations 2003, an operator shall, not less than one month prior to the date of implementation of any proposed modification, notify its subscribers to that service of the proposed modification in the conditions of the contract for that service and their right to withdraw without penalty from such contract if they do not accept the modification.

Can I still get out of my contract at this stage? no mention there of time limit for the customer to withdraw...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Almost certainly not.

no its 30 days notice which is over now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 enrico99

So does this mean people can leave contract as with previous tariff changes?

http://www.meteor.ie/terms_and_conditions/mobile-internet-price-change-april-27th-2012/

Looks like they gave 32 days notice so probably not.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Were stil within the 32 days. Notice given on the 27th of April, today is the 19th of May.

Cheers for the reply ,
    i think the regulations mean they must give a minimum of "not less than one month" notice. Customers would still have the right to leave contract, without penalty, up until the date of the price change.

Under Regulation 17 of the European Communities (Electronic Communications Networks and Services) (Universal Services and Users' Rights) Regulations 2003, an operator shall, not less than one month prior to the date of implementation of any proposed modification, notify its subscribers to that service of the proposed modification in the conditions of the contract for that service and their right to withdraw without penalty from such contract if they do not accept the modification.

Good news this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

enrico99 wrote: »
    So does this mean people can leave contract as with previous tariff changes?

http://www.meteor.ie/terms_and_conditions/mobile-internet-price-change-april-27th-2012/

AFAIK the affected customers are prepay only. Billpay not affected.

Kensington wrote: »
    AFAIK the affected customers are prepay only. Billpay not affected.

There seems to be two price changes and the latter mentions change to the "out of bundle" rate change from 2c per MB to 99c per MB
    As a bill pay customer with a bundle doesn;t this affect my out of bundle rate :(?

Am phoning them later anyway to check.But I found before even the Customer Care people weren't 100% aware of what changes meant for customers!

Cheers for reply

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Worse still, Meteor posted the T&C change to their website as "April 27th" but posted it in May 2012. They back dated the T&C change. Outrageous.

The T&C change says it effects "all voice customers".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Fungus wrote: »
    Worse still, Meteor posted the T&C change to their website as "April 27th" but posted it in May 2012. They back dated the T&C change. Outrageous.

Whats the story here, is this a genuine contract out clause?

Chong wrote: »
    Whats the story here, is this a genuine contract out clause?

yeah even if they try tell you different they made a haimes of it regarding dates

jimmynokia wrote: »
    yeah even if they try tell you different they made a haimes of it regarding dates
    SO I can ring them and cancel? I am Bill Pay

SO I can ring them and cancel? I am Bill Pay

You can try ring them,getting through is another story..
    Regardless of the day i might add.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭wba88

Fungus wrote: »

Hey do you have any proof of this? Google Cache from earlier in the month or anything? I like to have evidence incase I have to call them out on it. Cheers

wba88 wrote: »
    Hey do you have any proof of this? Google Cache from earlier in the month or anything? I like to have evidence incase I have to call them out on it. Cheers
    I hate having to ring them, and when I do they will insist I cannot cancel my contract

I hate having to ring them, and when I do they will insist I cannot cancel my contract

I've no problem ringing them, I used to work in the industry and would ring them a lot every day. I've helped a few friends to cancel contracts and they do try to fob people off but you have to stick to your guns!

Just rang them, they can't deal with it, it has to be done through the cancellations department which is open 9-5 Mon-Fri. So I'll call them tomorrow

• Advertisement

So technically I go cancel, can they demand their iPhone 4s back because I am in a 24 month contract?

This all comes down to the contract, the last time this happened the people who cancelled first got to keep the phones and then when word got around and loads more people started cancelling they told people they couldn't keep the phone and it was in the contract that until the contract finished they owned it. To be honest you may have to dig up that thread because I can't remember how it ended up. Maybe someone else here does??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

wba88 wrote: »
    This all comes down to the contract, the last time this happened the people who cancelled first got to keep the phones and then when word got around and loads more people started cancelling they told people they couldn't keep the phone and it was in the contract that until the contract finished they owned it. To be honest you may have to dig up that thread because I can't remember how it ended up. Maybe someone else here does??
    This is the thread you're talking about :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

Just tell them the phone is water damaged and they can have it if they want

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

RVN10 wrote: »
    Just tell them the phone is water damaged and they can have it if they want

They can check the IMEI of any phone returned though, so bar cutting your own
    nose off to spite your face ..

IIRC I tried saying something similar the last time and they
    suggested I just pay them the full PAYG price of the phone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

Ya but I'm sure they can't tell if it's wet ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

RVN10 wrote: »
    Ya but I'm sure they can't tell if it's wet ;)
    If there's irony here it's lost on me I'm afraid.

They can always detect both IMEI and water damage.

This is the thread you're talking about :p

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Anybody giving them a call this morning? Really want to see how this works out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,035 ✭✭✭BArra

Also keen to see if anyone calls this morn and gets their contract waived

If anyone does please update

Advertisement