Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor; Change of billpay terms; get out of contract?

Options
1222324252628»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

BArra wrote: »
    Also keen to see if anyone calls this morn and gets their contract waived

If anyone does please update
    This comes from the horse mouth ( Twitter )

Meteor_Mobile Meteor Mobile
    @Willdekorte Hi Willem, this change does not affect your contract and so you couldn't cancel out of your contract early. -Rach
    May 21, 7:23 AM via web

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Chong wrote: »
    This comes from the horse mouth ( Twitter )

Meteor_Mobile Meteor Mobile
    @Willdekorte Hi Willem, this change does not affect your contract and so you couldn't cancel out of your contract early. -Rach
    May 21, 7:23 AM via web
    It doesn't affect people on smart plans but people on connect plans may still be able to get out. I've just asked on the meteor forum. I'll keep ye all updated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

We've got clarification over on the forums, the price change is only for prepay customers and will not affect bill pay customers.

http://forums.meteor.ie/t5/Internet-On-Your-Phone/Price-change-on-internet-IMPORTANT/m-p/45469#M780

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39 fproviders

Does the same apply to eMobile customers?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

fproviders wrote: »
    Does the same apply to eMobile customers?

No..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 enrico99

The wording on the meteor page changed since last week! The last internet price change did affect contracts as your "out of bundle" price was affected.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

enrico99 wrote: »
    The wording on the meteor page changed since last week! The last internet price change did affect contracts as your "out of bundle" price was affected.

Agree that it seems to me there is still a change to the out of bundle data rates.
    Have posted same on the forums.

on page 7 of this link to the charges for BILL PAY customers it states a rate of 2c per extra MB for Mobile Internet Charges once usage goes over 50MB. IF this changes surely it is a break to the contract.

http://www.meteor.ie/rubylith/files/Meteor_Bill_Pay_Pricing_Guide_Jan-12_v.2.pdf?sa=U&ei=hUQ-T4TLPOnC0QXbrKSsDw&ved=0CAQQFjAA&client=internal-uds-cse&usg=AFQjCNFrc6C8-vzqyDZnBbQU1XxNpK1QVg

Meteor confirmed its just pay as you go customers affected.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

does this count ??

original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

No because that only affects payg customers. They are not in a contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

looking for a wee bit of help, I signed upto a Meteor bill pay contract a couple of days ago. Before this I was with Meteor on pay as you go for around 10 years and I had roughly €50 credit in my account before I signed up to bill pay.

My problem is that they never transfered the credit over to my bill pay account so it's practically lost now, I never asked about this in the shop as impulse buying got the better of me but also they never specified it either. The other problem is I dont like the phone I got off them one bit (Nokia Lumia 820) and it cost €80 on an 18 month contract. I'd rather go back to the previous pay as you go plan I was on and I dont fancy being tied to a bill pay contract for 18 months and not bothering to use the phone I got. I could obviously cancel the direct debit, but I would also lose my number which I need for work etc as I've had it a long long time.

Does anyone know if there's a way to exit a contract penalty free after 7 or 14 days if all equipment (phone) is returned?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

As far as I know all contracts have a cooling off period. You should be able to get out of it and back to pay as you go with no penalty.

NothingMan wrote: »
    As far as I know all contracts have a cooling off period. You should be able to get out of it and back to pay as you go with no penalty.
    I can see from Comreg there is a 7 day cooling off period but don't know if it applies to mobile phone companies as I signed a binding contract in store. I bought the phone on Wednesday so I've a couple of days left if this is the case.
    The article states that "The 7 working day period during which you can cancel without penalty applies to sales made over the phone/internet or by a salesperson calling to a consumer's home.", but it doesn't state if the cooling off period applies to instore purchases even though the goods wasn't opened until I returned home.

http://www.askcomreg.ie/tell_us/phone_and_broadband_contracts.247.LE.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

That's exactly what the cooling off period is for. Comreg realise sales people can have you signed up before you think about it and that's why it's in place. You're golden.

NothingMan wrote: »
    That's exactly what the cooling off period is for. Comreg realise sales people can have you signed up before you think about it and that's why it's in place. You're golden.
    Alright thanks I'll give it a bash over the weekend and see how I get on. Even if they do end the contract should I expect a refund for the €80 I paid for the phone, if they don't refund it it's technically a penalty charge then?

the cooling off period only applies to distance selling.did you buy it in store or online? if in store you've no cooling off period i'm afraid

cookie1977 wrote: »
    the cooling off period only applies to distance selling.did you buy it in store or online? if in store you've no cooling off period i'm afraid
    I bought it instore. I'm sure there has to be a way out of it after such a short period, if not i'll cancel the direct debit

Dotsey wrote: »
    I bought it instore. I'm sure there has to be a way out of it after such a short period, if not i'll cancel the direct debit

There is no legal way out of change of mind unless meteor cannot provide a service. Check your receipt for company specific returns policies but these usually require unopened products and unused services.

Do not just cancel the direct debit as they can (and probably will) pursue you for the full contract. Contact Meteor and ask them to transfer the credit of 50 euro from prepay towards your new bill pay account. That is the best you can hope for.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Dotsey wrote: »

check the t+cs on the back of your contract, unless it's changed in the last 2 years since I've seen one, you will see the info about a 14 day cooling off period. Bring it back to the shop, write a brief letter of cancellation and they'll fax/email it for you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement