Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noise levels along the DART line

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,417 ✭✭✭✭Victor

mikelata wrote: »
    Do you know whether all the trains stop at Grand Canal Dock? Are there any trains that will just pass by without stopping at a higher speed?

Trains to Wexford don't stop at GCD - about 10 trains per day.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭mikelata

Victor wrote: »
    Trains to Wexford don't stop at GCD - about 10 trains per day.

Yes, I have to investigate whether the Wexford train is noisier than the DART train at GCD area

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Yes, I have to investigate whether the Wexford train is noisier than the DART train at GCD area

cheers

It might be but I find the rate of knots they go through helps with that. They gone much quicker than the DARTs.

It might be but I find the rate of knots they go through helps with that. They gone much quicker than the DARTs.

interesting. So, noisier for a shorter time vs a bit quieter for a longer time

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

interesting. So, noisier for a shorter time vs a bit quieter for a longer time

Exactly, out this way we'd also get freight which is noisier for a longer time because the trains are massive. Again not particularly disturbing and this being Ireland they'll be at least 3 barking dogs and 2 alarms that will be more annoying.

• Advertisement

Exactly, out this way we'd also get freight which is noisier for a longer time because the trains are massive. Again not particularly disturbing and this being Ireland they'll be at least 3 barking dogs and 2 alarms that will be more annoying.

Ok, so the range is DART, Wexford train line, cargo trains and the Diesel run commuter trains... I guess that they all bring a different type of noise...

Not sure of how they clean the tracks but is it possible that they use waggons to clean the tracks at night?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 78,417 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Ok, so the range is DART, Wexford train line, cargo trains and the Diesel run commuter trains.
    No freight trains pass GCD - the poster was referring to their own location.
    Not sure of how they clean the tracks but is it possible that they use waggons to clean the tracks at night?
    Track maintenance is very occasional.

Advertisement