Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Freeze

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Would be some laugh if they could get the numbers. I've seen this done before, so freaky!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Galway is fast becoming the facebook fad event capital of the country.

Galway is fast becoming the facebook fad event capital of the country.

And why not? It's bringing a lot of extra fun to the city. It just goes to show the power that Facebook has with regards to spreading news/gossip/organising events.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Not totally against these facebook events but if it could get 1000 people to do something more constructive for the city i'd be happier...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Pen Rua wrote: »
    Came across this event on FB: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=139589699402125&ref=ts

What do ye think? The guy organizing wants 1,000 as minimum... :-/

Locate it in the county buildings......... there's a couple of hundred straight off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Looks cool, after seeing pic's from the Zombie Walk I think I might head to this for the craic!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

biko wrote: »

Only if it's not organised through boards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Mr.Mister

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

As part of the flashmob last year, i love this kinda stuff but I think the spontaneity of it is what is important. So much of these are 'over planned'...while I do understand you need planning or else it would be a shambles, but putting it on facebook where the whole world and it's mother can see it and know about it and therefore people are on the streets expecting it (as what happened with the flashmob, the street was mobbed with people waiting for it to happen, so the spontaneity was lost plus there was no room with all the onlookers who were in place from twenty minutes before..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

and sure if it's raining, we could all go down to the train station like they did in Antwerp...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EYAUazLI9k

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭the raven

Pen Rua wrote: »
    Came across this event on FB: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=139589699402125&ref=ts

What do ye think? The guy organizing wants 1,000 as minimum... :-/

he's got 950 confirmed...
    and 530 maybes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

the raven wrote: »
    he's got 950 confirmed...
    and 530 maybes...

yes but even alot of my friends have said they are attending and they haven't a notion, just want to be seen by their friends as cool by saying they're attending a cool event! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭the raven

mink_man wrote: »
    yes but even alot of my friends have said they are attending and they haven't a notion, just want to be seen by their friends as cool by saying they're attending a cool event! :rolleyes:

it's a strategy, you can't fit 1000 people anywhere in galway. i bet he only wants about a hundred. if 1000 confirm you're lucky if you get 10%.
    100 people at an event like that is plenty and would still have the desired effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

the raven wrote: »
    you can't fit 1000 people anywhere in galway.

Eyre Square can. So can the cathedral. Granted a freeze won't have so much impact in the latter.

Advertisement