Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leffe Blonde -anything similar out there?

Options
  • 23-07-2010 12:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭

Well, the 6.6% ABV puts me off having lots of this beautiful drink as it can be very strong. Its too irresistible to drink it slowly :)

Is there a weaker ABV drink(perhaps <5.5%) that is similar to Leffe for enjoyment without getting hammered so fast? :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭thelynchfella

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Any of the top marked ones available in the regular offys here?

Karma - Avery Brewing Company 5.20 B-
    Raftman - Unibroue 5.50 B+
    Bruegel Amber Ale - Brouwerij Van Steenberge N.V. 5.20 B

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

No, they're not.

The alcohol is a big part of what makes Belgian blondes taste the way they do and Leffe is one of the weaker ones, unfortunately. You can get Brunehaut Blonde here, though it's pretty much the same strength at 6.5% ABV, and then there's Maredsous 6 at 6%. I don't think they go lower than that.

Really, to enjoy them without getting hammered, just drink more slowly. Don't treat it like it's a lager.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

Lidl have Leffe 4 for 4.99 today

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭thelynchfella

maybe try a golden ale like the williams bros one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

Lidl have Leffe 4 for 4.99 today

Hoegarden is the same price. The offer is on till sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Think i'll be getting myself to lidl to get some Leffe, been dying for one ever since getting back from Ghent about a month ago. What a fantastic beer.

Another lovely beer similar to Leffe which i enjoyed was Tongerlo http://www.tongerlo.be/
    does anybody know if it's available over here?

It's not. Several other Belgian blonde ales are, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

BeerNut wrote: »
    It's not. Several other Belgian blonde ales are, though.

Would you recommend a few?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

gurramok wrote: »
    Well, the 6.6% ABV puts me off having lots of this beautiful drink as it can be very strong. Its too irresistible to drink it slowly :)

Is there a weaker ABV drink(perhaps <5.5%) that is similar to Leffe for enjoyment without getting hammered so fast? :)

I got one of the Leffe glasses, it seems to be more conjucive to drinking it a bit slower :D

• Advertisement

ntlbell wrote: »
    Would you recommend a few?
    I'm not a big fan of the 6-7% ABV blondes but, as mentioned above, Brunehaut and Maredsous are sold here.

But really I think it's well worth trading up in ABV to the likes of Duvel, La Chouffe or Hopus to get a bit more of a flavour kick.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Duvel would be the closest (or one of) to Leffe. Only a couple of percent higher in volume.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Menolias

As a long time belgian and german beer drinker (not forgetting the french either) but hoegaarden is one of the best drinks around if you can get it in a proper glass without pineapples or other fruit......yeah i really cant stand the whole scenester crap goin on these days.go for it 75cl in teshcosh fer 3sumtin sumtin.do it man you will have no regrets.

Advertisement