Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cracking paint

• 23-07-2010 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭

hi all, novice DIYer here. just moved into a new house and doing a bit of redecorating. problem is in the main bedroom! was going to repaint it but when removing old wallpaper from the walls all the paint underneath it came with it in patches, leaving patches of paint on the wall! ive tried scraping it off but it just takes way too long and feels like your getting nowhere! anyone have any solutions? would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

if you cant get it off and you dont want to paint over it ( probably leave raised patches) try lining paper. its like white wall paper which you can paint on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 rabinc-74

if the paint isnt coming off-leave it... what you need to do then is to sand down the edges of the left on paint and then fill with a ready mix fillers,around the edges of all the paint thats still on the wall.
    once its dry,use a fine grade sanding sponge and sand ..not too hard,then touch up all the filler patches with your chosen paint colour
    once thats dry,and it looks smooth,paint your walls.

i've had this happen so many times for so many different reasons,but as i'm a professional,i can fix it easily..

and being a female of the species i'm very particular when i'm working and a perfectionist,that you never,never see any imperfections in what i've repaired.

good luck...

Advertisement