Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transsexuality

Options
  • 23-07-2010 1:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

hi guys im only 13 and i dont really understand transexuals. why would a man want to be a woman or the other way around. i have seen them in shows like jerry springer and all that but they dont explain very much. if anyone could just fill me in please. cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Roamc

It's because they want to trick you. They want YOU to believe that they are women and get more out of YOU. They're usually gay men or women who want to get with heterosexuals (straight people) and trick them to believing different. Be careful out there, young one.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭rockmongrel

This is quite literally the ****test trolling I've ever seen in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Roamc, I suggest you read the charter. Point 5:
    No flaming. This means posting something that you feel will incite anger and/or abusive posting.

Infracted.

OP, I suggest you read the Understanding Transgender thread, where a lot of these issues have been covered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Absolution wrote: »
    hi guys im only 13 and i dont really understand transexuals. why would a man want to be a woman or the other way around. i have seen them in shows like jerry springer and all that but they dont explain very much. if anyone could just fill me in please. cheers

Because they are born that way and some people know at an early age.
    It is not that they want to be the other gender it is because they are
    but that doesn't match their body.

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2008/11/a-boy-apos-s-life/7059/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Absolution

It's because they want to trick you.
    and a prankster will want to do that for the rest of their life?
    I suggest you read the Understanding Transgender thread
    thanks for the link
    It is not that they want to be the other gender it is because they are
    but that doesn't match their body.
    makes more sense that that other guys

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

OK, I'm gonna assume that you're a guy and that you're comfortable with your physical sex, so if I'm wrong, sorry about that.

So, just try and imagine what it would be like if someone gave you a sex change against your will. imagine what it would be like to wake up in the morning and discover that whatever bits you thought you had, what you felt you had, that some part of your brain knows you have, that your instinct tells you you have, are not there. Imagine looking in the mirror and seeing someone that just wasn't you, and that every little detail about your body that has changed is a constant reminded that this is wrong. Imagine then that everyone was in on it, and refered to you as a woman, as she, and called you by a name you felt didn't suit you.

What would you do to feel right? How far would you go to feel like yourself again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Just a point, are many people uncomfortable with their physical sex at a young age or is something that one becomes aware of as they go through puberty? Or is it different for everyone?
    OP, I recommend reading a thread that links started in AH(i think) a while ago, I certainly found it very interesting. Like you I was very ignorant and that thread enlightened me. I will see if I can dig up a link.

Of course there is some rubbish in there, like the post earlier in this thread, that you will have to filter through.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055946625

There ya go. I am sure there are better threads, but that is the one which explained it all for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    Just a point, are many people uncomfortable with their physical sex at a young age or is something that one becomes aware of as they go through puberty? Or is it different for everyone?

some know from an early age, others don't. I didn't really start becoming really aware of things until puberty

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I myself tried to dismiss the thoughts. I thought it odd to feel that i belong in a different body, but now i've come to terms with. No true transsexual is out to trick anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭deirdre_dub

Absolution wrote: »
    Roamc wrote:
    It's because they want to trick you.
    and a prankster will want to do that for the rest of their life?
    I think you can safely ignore Roamc.
    MUSSOLINI wrote:
    It's different for everyone. Being trans is a very grey thing.

There is a pretty good discussion of what it means to be trans here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055923166&page=2

• Advertisement

I think you can safely ignore Roamc.

It's different for everyone. Being trans is a very grey thing.

There is a pretty good discussion of what it means to be trans here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055923166&page=2

Hey can ignore me. But I'm just here to give my input on past experience and speak my mind.

Rainbow Kirby, My post was for the OP and OP only. I didn't believe it would incite anger to the kid, who is genetically and permanently male/female.

Links, sounds like a phase. And how do you know who you are at a young age, I used to think I was Knight Rider and the Dukes of Hazard, all rolled in to one, and today I can safely say, I am not.

Itsthatmanagain, If that's the case, Is there a such thing as a true transsexual?

As a note on the side, we all get that feeling that something is up with us from time to time, we just gotta move on and forget and accept ourselves, regardless of the depressive state it might bring us to. :cool:

Roamc wrote: »
    Hey can ignore me. But I'm just here to give my input on past experience and speak my mind.

Rainbow Kirby, My post was for the OP and OP only. I didn't believe it would incite anger to the kid, who is genetically and permanently male/female.

Links, sounds like a phase. And how do you know who you are at a young age, I used to think I was Knight Rider and the Dukes of Hazard, all rolled in to one, and today I can safely say, I am not.

Itsthatmanagain, If that's the case, Is there a such thing as a true transsexual?

As a note on the side, we all get that feeling that something is up with us from time to time, we just gotta move on and forget and accept ourselves, regardless of the depressive state it might bring us to. :cool:
    I dont even know were to begin to point out the errors you have there.

This forum is a place for people to discuss these things civilally, and not have their conditions belittled, and not for them to be insulted.

I used to think like you did, but research and patient persuasion showed me otherwise. Go look up some more info on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

But it could piss off the rest of us here. If your message was for the OP only, then send a PM.

Oh, and how exactly was what Links said indicative of a phase? Was it this:
    So, just try and imagine what it would be like if someone gave you a sex change against your will. imagine what it would be like to wake up in the morning and discover that whatever bits you thought you had, what you felt you had, that some part of your brain knows you have, that your instinct tells you you have, are not there. Imagine looking in the mirror and seeing someone that just wasn't you, and that every little detail about your body that has changed is a constant reminded that this is wrong. Imagine then that everyone was in on it, and refered to you as a woman, as she, and called you by a name you felt didn't suit you
    .?

Or this:
    I didn't really start becoming really aware of things until puberty
    ?

And if you really think imagining you were the Dukes of Hazard as a kid is remotely comparable to being in the wrong body for your whole life, you're a little dumber than you're coming across.

So please, by all means, explain what this 'past experience' you have is. Because if it's your past experience of reading the Indo on a Sunday or the Daily Mail... well. Let's leave it there, shall we?

MUSSOLINI, Thanks for that info, that's what I've been to discuss things as civilly, friendly and I'm not trying to put people down. I just think if we educate the young to understand coherently what a transsexual really is we will have a bright, secure, understanding, educated and comfortable future. OP tell your friends what I've told ya!

Zoe, My friend once went out with a transsexual woman who hid her secret from him, got what she wanted out of him, then left him. No man will ever be successful in a relationship with a transsexual, I'm not only blaming the transsexual for that part FYI. Links obviously didn't allow that phase to thank to its toll and go away, and forget about it.
    And if you really think imagining you were the Dukes of Hazard as a kid is remotely comparable to being in the wrong body for your whole life, you're a little dumber than you're coming across.

What if I kept that with me, never forgot about it for my whole life and everytime I looked in the mirror I was disgusted because I wasn't them, then would it be okay?

I just think if we educate the young to understand coherently what a transsexual really is we will have a bright, secure, understanding, educated and comfortable future

The only intelligent thing you have written. The rest is rubbish drivil.

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    The only intelligent thing you have written. The rest is rubbish drivil.

"Only" is a massive understatement. If you were to read my posts and knew anything about the subject, you wouldn't see me as odious on the suject but as a sage on the subject. And hopefully with my persuasion skills OP will too be a sage, following in my great footsteps.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

My friend once went out with a transsexual woman who hid her secret from him, got what she wanted out of him, then left him. No man will ever be successful in a relationship with a transsexual, I'm not only blaming the transsexual for that part FYI.

So, your friend went out with a bitch. Big deal. Although I do like how you say that it wasn't the fact she was trans that made the problem, yet then say no-one will ever have a successful relationship with a trans person. :confused:

Roamc wrote: »
    "Only" is a massive understatement. If you were to read my posts and knew anything about the subject, you wouldn't see me as odious on the suject but as a sage on the subject. And hopefully with my persuasion skills OP will too be a sage, following in my great footsteps.
    Obvious troll is obvious, and not even clever.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

This thread is going nowhere. Genuine questions to the "Understanding Transgender" thread please.

Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement