Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Airtricity 11 squad

• 23-07-2010 1:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭

Full squad.
    Gary Rogers: St Pats,
    Gerard Doherty: Derry City,

Brian Shelley: Bohemians,
    Ger O'Brien: Sporting Fingal.
    Ken Oman: Bohemians,
    Gavin Peers: Sligo Rovers.
    Conor Powell: Bohemians.
    Conor Kenna: St Pats.

Paul Keegan: Bohemians.
    Shaun Williams: Sporting Fingal.
    Alan Kirby: Sporting Fingal.
    Joseph Ndo: Sligo Rovers.
    Richie Ryan: Sligo Rovers.
    Stephen O'Donnell: Galway United.
    Killian Brennan:Bohemians

Paddy Madden: Bohemians.
    Karl Sheppard: Galway United.
    Ryan Guy: St Pats.

Changed after last nights results.

No Amond?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

very small squad. any idea if anybody didnt want to be involved or any glaring ommisions?

maybe best to merge with the existing thread also....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,468 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

very small squad. any idea if anybody didnt want to be involved or any glaring ommisions?

maybe best to merge with the existing thread also....

maybe there are just naming 11 starters and 7 subs - rather than having a squad of players they take from their clubs and not use in any way at all. I assume if anyone gets injured or pulls out they will look to call on a replacement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Full Standy by list
    Peter cherrie: Dundalk.
    Alan Keane: Sligo Rovers.
    Patrick McEleheny: Derry City.
    Dave Mulcahy: St Pats.
    Ciaran Kilduff: UCD.
    Padraig Amond: Sligo Rovers.
    Fahrudin Kudozovic: Dundalk

couldnt find the other thread :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

I would have had Amond in ahead of Guy.
    Good to see Ger Doherty in there from the First Division. He's been very good all season.
    Another player I would have had in there is Ronan Finn, ahead of Richie Ryan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Slightly surprising that Seamus Conneely didn't even make the stand by list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭dundalkbhoy

cant believe neither faz or cherrie didnt make squad:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Jesus just saw on the LOI site that it's €60 for a ticket! Madness for a pre-season kick about! Still, there'll be hordes of scarf waving United fans lining up to pay it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Jesus just saw on the LOI site that it's €60 for a ticket! Madness for a pre-season kick about! Still, there'll be hordes of scarf waving United fans lining up to pay it.
    60 ****in quid!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭dundalkbhoy

shocking price i for 1 will not be in attendance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Green and yellow scarfs no doubt! God I love ironic protests.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭backspacer

Slightly surprising that Seamus Conneely didn't even make the stand by list.

That was my exact same thought, thought he would have at least made the stand by list if nothing else.

funninghly enough my ticket cost me only 45euro.

if your going to start having a dig, at least get your facts right and not selective stats. the 2 lower sideline stands are 60euro and the other 5 sections are 45euro.

and looking at the fai site, its only 45euro tickets left on sale.

121294.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

45 is still a bit of a joke tbh.

SantryRed wrote: »
    45 is still a bit of a joke tbh.

indeed it is, but all sports fixtures in this country are a joke.

the gaa is very expensive, the rugby is worse than both put together almost. my seats in old trafford cos 27 pounds a game, some difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

dreamers75 wrote: »

Brian Shelley: Bohemians

Ken Oman: Bohemians

Conor Powell: Bohemians

Paul Keegan: Bohemians.

Killian Brennan:Bohemians

Paddy Madden: Bohemians.

91903644_a41b16897f.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

indeed it is, but all sports fixtures in this country are a joke.

the gaa is very expensive, the rugby is worse than both put together almost. my seats in old trafford cos 27 pounds a game, some difference.

You cant really make the comparison though betwenn a major corporation and sporting organisations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

There really should be a more diverse mix of players I feel. Nearly all bohs lads. No UCD or Dundalk starters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Wish the clubs refused to let any player take part in this.... but there ya go.

There really should be a more diverse mix of players I feel. Nearly all bohs lads. No UCD or Dundalk starters.

probably more bohs lads due to the fact rovers are not involved now.

Dundalk players are all suspended :D

And bohs players on special buy one get one free atm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

so what happened to everyone saying that the clubs wouldnt release their players for this game?
    are they getting some money for playing or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,393 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

How the f**k has the leagues top scorer only made the standby list?

That being said I don't want any Sligo Rovers players playing in this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    How the f**k has the leagues top scorer only made the standby list?

That being said I don't want any Sligo Rovers players playing in this.

Shocking that Guy is ahead of him.

Amazed that some clubs are going for this? Can anybody shed some light?

Perhaps Bohs and Galway are already trying to keep the FAI sweet in advance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Ciaran Kilduff was on MNS this week saying he would jump at the chance to be the first team to play in the new stadium. A lot of the players do want to play this game Stovelid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Ciaran Kilduff was on MNS this week saying he would jump at the chance to be the first team to play in the new stadium. A lot of the players do want to play this game Stovelid

Indeed, I would imagine this game is a shop window for a lot of players. Then again, it's the clubs who sanction the release of the players.

Plus it is a big game for any LOI player. New stadium against Man U isn't going to come along too often.

I'm sure they do. I was just wondering why their clubs are letting them.

stovelid wrote: »
    I'm sure they do. I was just wondering why their clubs are letting them.

Fairly sure FAI made sure it wasnt an option. I did hear the players are getting paid so fair fecks to them. Also heard best Angry midfielder in the league said no. Hope to **** kenna doesnt get injured or embarrassed superb player for us this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Fairly sure FAI made sure it wasnt an option. I did hear the players are getting paid so fair fecks to them. Also heard best Angry midfielder in the league said no. Hope to **** kenna doesnt get injured or embarrassed superb player for us this year.

Well, if he's marking Berbatov, it'll be a handy training session for Kennavarro!! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Why isnt Amond already in the first 11 let alone the Squad, thats a joke must be embarrasing for the manager to leave out the leagues top scorer, he has some neck.

Why isnt Amond already in the first 11 let alone the Squad, thats a joke must be embarrasing for the manager to leave out the leagues top scorer, he has some neck.

The manager is a rovers fanboi who hates pats.

im kinda happy he only picked 3 of us, terrified if rogers or kenna get injured tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

Paddy Madden the only striker I would have picked from that team TBH. Guy wont get a look in - lets face it - United are gonna have a stroll in the park - this is the first game for Rooney, Vidic, and co who were at world cup - id be surprised if Ronney didnt bang in 4 or 5. Id say the LOI team will be wishing they were never picked once the game is over!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Devil08 wrote: »
    Paddy Madden the only striker I would have picked from that team TBH. Guy wont get a look in - lets face it - United are gonna have a stroll in the park - this is the first game for Rooney, Vidic, and co who were at world cup - id be surprised if Ronney didnt bang in 4 or 5. Id say the LOI team will be wishing they were never picked once the game is over!!

I highly doubt it.

id be surprised if Ronney didnt bang in 4 or 5
    Is this the fat lad who couldnt put one past Algeria?

CiaranC wrote: »
    Is this the fat lad who couldnt put one past Algeria?

ah come on! your not gonna judge him or any player for that matter on that mockery of a World Cup are you!?? if so, Torres, Gerrard, Lampard, the whole french and italian team, they are all useless!! Ronney banged in over 30 goals last season - he will do the same this year, without question.

• Advertisement

ah come on! your not gonna judge him or any player for that matter on that mockery of a World Cup are you!?? if so, Torres, Gerrard, Lampard, the whole french and italian team, they are all useless!! Ronney banged in over 30 goals last season - he will do the same this year, without question.

ROONEY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Wanna put a few quid on him not scoring +30 this season?

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Wanna put a few quid on him not scoring +30 this season?

not really beacuse the odds wouldnt be very appealing!! He is more than capable of it - if he doesnt get 30 he will get very close to it - the point I was making anyway is that he will make a mockery of the LOI defence - just like TNS did to Bohs last week - and lets face it - the LOI team might as well be the Bohs team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭Sunset V

No P Amond and no Damian Lynch i think is a bit crap. I'm neither a Pats nor a Sligo fan but Amond has been quality all season and Lynch has been playing all across the back four for Pats this season. In my opinion, two obvious ommissions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Yes well im confused as to what you disagree with - you never mentioned it

Your comment was looking for a rise and you got it.

"Rooney will score 4/5 goals"

Has Rooney ever score this amount in a single game before?

• Advertisement

Your comment was looking for a rise and you got it.

"Rooney will score 4/5 goals"

Has Rooney ever score this amount in a single game before?

Yes he scored 4 goals against Hull in Jan 2010 - not long ago - I think Hull are slightly better than a LOI team - Thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

I've deleted off-topic posts.

Please remember that accusations of trolling are against the forum charter, if you don't agree with a post either debate the content of it or report it if you feel it goes against the forum charter

If anyone wants a discussion on this please take it to PM rather than put it on thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Yes he scored 4 goals against Hull in Jan 2010 - not long ago - I think Hull are slightly better than a LOI team - Thank you

I think you're overestimating Hull tbh.

United are highly unlikely to score 4-5 goals in total in the game, never mind Rooney getting them all, especially when if he plays he's unlikely to play more than 45 minutes.

Of course everyone would expect United to win the game, but that doesn't mean it'll be an embarrassment of any description.

In any event this is the Airtricity squad thread not a match discussion so please keep on-topic from here on out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Sunset V wrote: »
    No P Amond and no Damian Lynch i think is a bit crap. I'm neither a Pats nor a Sligo fan but Amond has been quality all season and Lynch has been playing all across the back four for Pats this season. In my opinion, two obvious ommissions.

Damien Lynch hasn't had the best of seasons, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Leejo

cant believe cherrie didnt make squad:mad:

After watching Dundalk's two matches against Levski Sofia, I can. At least 4/5 of the goals were down to him.

Youd think this was a 23 man champions league squad being picked for the season the way some people are going on - its a once off Mickey Mouse game - The squad was probably picked from a hat over a pint or two of Beamish

Youd think this was a 23 man champions league squad being picked for the season the way some people are going on - its a once off Mickey Mouse game - The squad was probably picked from a hat over a pint or two of Beamish

Its the chance of a lifetime to play against the best team in the world;), maybe you never would have that ambition but i can assure you most airtricity players would be delighted to play in this game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Its a disgrace that the leagues top scorer Amond is not in the squad for this. Not only should he be in the squad, but be starting as the leagues best hope for a goal.

Its very wrong, this is a chance for him to prove himself against some top defenders and maybe secure a move to championship or whatever, but somehow he's only a standby ?????

Its the chance of a lifetime to play against the best team in the world;), maybe you never would have that ambition but i can assure you most airtricity players would be delighted to play in this game
    Have the FAI actually got it in the contract that Manchester have to play their first team? Actually, now that I read that sentence back, I already know the answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Stevecw wrote: »
    Its very wrong, this is a chance for him to prove himself against some top defenders and maybe secure a move to championship or whatever, but somehow he's only a standby ?????

Glad he's not in the squad so :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement