Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Airtricity 11 squad

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

CiaranC wrote: »
    Have the FAI actually got it in the contract that Manchester have to play their first team? Actually, now that I read that sentence back, I already know the answer.

LOL no but they will be playing their top players, Rooney and Vidic look set to start, United always have quality players on the bench not just their first 11,for example United are without Vidic Evra Neville Rooney Park to name a few off the top of my head on their Summer tour but still have a top squad out there so whats your point?

You already know the answer??? oh do share

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,393 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

LOL no but they will be playing their top players, Rooney and Vidic look set to start, United always have quality players on the bench not just their first 11,for example United are without Vidic Evra Neville Rooney Park to name a few off the top of my head on their Summer tour but still have a top squad out there so whats your point?

You already know the answer??? oh do share

http://www.kansascity.com/2010/07/26/2108719/quotes-on-a-very-surprising-result.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Oatesy23 wrote: »

Nice link but whats it got to do with the point i was trying to make?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,393 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

for example United are without Vidic Evra Neville Rooney Park to name a few off the top of my head on their Summer tour but still have a top squad out there so whats your point?

Nice link but whats it got to do with the point i was trying to make?

Now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,468 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Now?

still don't get you.

Not in that squad were....

Kuszczak.
    Fletcher - injury
    Park - WC rest
    Rooney - WC rest
    Carrick - WC rest
    Park - WC rest
    Vidic - WC rest
    Evra - WC rest
    Rio - injury
    Hargreaves - injury
    Anderson - injury
    Valencia - injury
    Owen - injury

So, ignoring the fact we lost the game cause that is not relevant to the point, what stronger squad could United have named for that game? It has also been said that the WC players will be back in contention for the Airtricity game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Sunset V wrote: »
    No P Amond and no Damian Lynch i think is a bit crap. I'm neither a Pats nor a Sligo fan but Amond has been quality all season and Lynch has been playing all across the back four for Pats this season. In my opinion, two obvious ommissions.
    Damian lynch is a donkey.hes been average any time ive seem him play this season and we've played pats a lot this season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Why has this turned into a United wankfest? Isn't there a separate thread for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

Its the chance of a lifetime to play against the best team in the world;), maybe you never would have that ambition but i can assure you most airtricity players would be delighted to play in this game

they can all wave goodbye to a career in the UK after that anyway!
    Iago wrote: »
    I think you're overestimating Hull tbh.

United are highly unlikely to score 4-5 goals in total in the game, never mind Rooney getting them all, especially when if he plays he's unlikely to play more than 45 minutes.

Of course everyone would expect United to win the game, but that doesn't mean it'll be an embarrassment of any description.

In any event this is the Airtricity squad thread not a match discussion so please keep on-topic from here on out.

I think youll find that was an embarrassment!! I was wrong about Rooney scoring 4 or 5 but I didnt know he would be out drinking and smoking the weekend before the game! Still, I was right bout the scoreline..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,622 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Devil08 wrote: »
    I think youll find that was an embarrassment!! I was wrong about Rooney scoring 4 or 5 but I didnt know he would be out drinking and smoking the weekend before the game! Still, I was right bout the scoreline..
    He was right on 2 counts, you were only right on 1, so get that smug grin off your face.

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    He was right on 2 counts, you were only right on 1, so get that smug grin off your face.

I didnt make as many assumption as him! my main point was that utd would run riot and make a show of the LOI, which they did! smug grin is staying for a good while!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,622 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I didnt make as many assumption as him! my main point was that utd would run riot and make a show of the LOI, which they did! smug grin is staying for a good while!! :D
    Are you................Nostradamus???????:eek::eek::eek:

They're dancing in the streets of Mayo/Cavan/Longford/etc as we speak.

CSF wrote: »
    Are you................Nostradamus???????:eek::eek::eek:

Maybe so! A lot of people here didnt agree that United would win comfortably though! I found it quite bemusing that anyone was giving a bunch of part timers any sort of chance...

I found it quite bemusing that anyone was giving a bunch of part timers any sort of chance...

The stadium was full of part-timers last night, in fairness.

stovelid wrote: »
    The stadium was full of part-timers last night, in fairness.

I presume youre taking a dig at people who you consider to be not true Utd fans? Barstoolers or whatever else you want to call it. I find it funny that people think in order to be a true fan of any club you must attend a certain number if games a season or whatever..The truth of the matter is, this is complete rubbish. You can choose to support any club you wish, and for whatever reasons. Once you enjoy following that club, thats all that matters. Some people are not as privileged as others to be able to afford to travel abroad to games numerous times a season. The average trip costs a few hundred euro. Many fans are young and dont even have jobs. Dont try put them down by saying they are not real fans. I am fortunate enough to be in the position where I can travel to 8 or 9 games a season. I would like to go to more but with work etc I just cant. I never miss a game on TV, I know everything about the clubs history, and I follow the club everyday of the week, keeping up with everything thats going on. You can be a fan of a club anyway you want to be, once you show a genuine interest in the club thats all that matters, so dont put people down for that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I found it quite bemusing that anyone was giving a bunch of part timers any sort of chance...

What I found bemusing was the comments in the match thread (I'm abroad so thankfully avoided the game) like, 'Rooney really walked past Peers there!' and 'heh Valencia is running riot against <insert LOI full-back>' as some sort of analysis of ability or inability...

Advertisement