Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bray Head Hotel

Options
  • 23-07-2010 1:54pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭

Was up Bray direction recently and noticed this eery-looking kip..it looked like it was closed or ready to be knocked down but then i noticed a dim light glowing sinisterly from within..it would seem the place is open after all.
    I couldnt bring myself to go and check though.
    Anybody ever stayed here?
    Is it actually haunted or does it just look like it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Never been, but a review I found online isn't exactly glowing...
    review wrote:
    My husband went to this hotel enquire about booking rooms for for some friends who were visiting from out of town. He was confronted by the bar man (possibly an owner) as he entered the hotel - the bar man said my husband's "type" was not welcome in the hotel. When my husband asked what type was that, he was told "Northerners" as in people from Northern Ireland and the man raised a stick at my husband. When I called to complain about this incident, I was given a terse apology and hung up on.
    http://travel.yahoo.com/p-hotel-473453-bray_head-i

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

yes, the bray head is still open :)

Many a drunken tonight spent in the "alternative disco" :)

there is a thread about it in the wicklow forum - what it being in wicklow and all that :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

irishbird wrote: »
    there is a thread about it in the wicklow forum - what it being in wicklow and all that :)

Ah but i'm asking Dublin people on this forum so HA!

Degsy wrote: »
    Ah but i'm asking Dublin people on this forum so HA!

ah but a wicklow person answered you,so DOUBLE HA

Still no idea why it's in the Dublin forum...

But, it's a classic hotel/pub

:pac:

• Advertisement

Papa Smut wrote: »
    But, it's a classic hotel/pub

:pac:

ANy more info?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

ANy more info?

Yes, Bray is in Wicklow.

Stop posting Wicklow-related topics in the Dublin City Forum, or I'll ban you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lolalux

Don't know if the hotel is open to public guests but the hotel is used a lot in film and television. They shot some of Breakfast on Pluto there and i've shot some low budget stuff there.

It has a very creepy empty atmosphere. Kind of a like front for drugs/IRA vibe. Also at the time we shot there about 4 years ago, it seems like some people were actually living there....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

Is it actually haunted

Question of the year. Where else would you ask other than boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 14,954 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I often see washing hanging on the fire escapes when going by on the Dart, so it appears there are people living in it alright, but afaik the bar and hotel are not open anymore.

• Advertisement

loyatemu wrote: »
    I often see washing hanging on the fire escapes when going by on the Dart, so it appears there are people living in it alright, but afaik the bar and hotel are not open anymore.

Well if people are living in it that would imply the place is still open,unless its being squatted.

It had some sort of lights on the time i was in the carpark and i thought i discerned some movement frm within.
    bray.jpg

Degsy - i told you it is open :rolleyes:

the bar opens at the weekend and the hotel is open all year round. some of the rooms were rent to the local council

http://www.tripadvisor.ie/Hotel_Review-g212098-d1078484-Reviews-Crofton_Bray_Head_Inn-Bray_County_Wicklow.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

Addams%20Family.jpg
    Keep an eye out for these guys.

Advertisement