Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Streaming media to XBox - worth upgrading to Wireless N?

Options
  • 23-07-2010 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭

Currently I have a Linksys Wireless G (WRT54G) router, to which my PC is connected wireless and my XBox 360 is connected via ethernet.

Using my XBox 360 as a media center, I find it a bit flakey.... occasionally I can't browse to a particular directory, music doesn't show up, etc. Nothing that I can put my hand on.

Does anyone think it's worth upgrading to Wireless N for the PC->router connection? (I want to avoid ethernet since it would mean stringing a cable across the living room; the wife would Not Be Pleased).

P.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

You will only get the benefits of the n standard if everything in the network is 'n' based. Any g cards immediatly reduce the network to the g standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭dunworth1

dub45 wrote: »
    You will only get the benefits of the n standard if everything in the network is 'n' based. Any g cards immediatly reduce the network to the g standard.

say i upgraded my pc and my router to wireless n but my xbox was still g

would this make a difference if how if no why not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Advertisement