Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

recommend me a helmet please

• 23-07-2010 3:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a decent looking, lightweight helmet, please? Ive done a search and can't find anything of help.

Budget around €60-70 max.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭tawfeeredux

Bell Alchera?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=47059

Not much heavier than the Bell Sweep used by a lot of the pros. Think you can get the Alchera in Halfords.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Fit is personal, looks are subjective; they're all tested to the same standards, more or less.

They're cheaper from the UK as there's no VAT.

CRC have a good range, and I've ordered from Slane before also.

CRCs most expensive helmet.
    Behold, The Road Warrior

Cycling is often a lonely sport.

You're on your own, riding your bike, fighting the elements. You conquer mile after mile of asphalt, concrete, anything that dare cross your path. You are a modern day Mad Max, a traveler exploring your own limits…a true ROAD WARRIOR.

Awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭on_the_nickel

For that price, I'd expect it to pedal for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Wait a minute, Mad Max never wore a helmet!

Go for whatever fits your head and your budget. Some helmets suit other people better than others, it's much the same as with saddles.

Try and get as lightweight a helmet as you can, it may not seem like much but a heavy helmet can really be felt on a long day out.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,697 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

CRC are now charging Irish VAT on helmets (as do Wiggle) - Slane are not, so it's worth checking with them (helmets are zero-rated for VAT purposes in the UK, but some UK retailers are, based on turnover levels, required to charge Irish VAT). Slane will add £5 delivery for orders under £100 though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

I have a Giro Stylus. Pretty lightweight, looks fine & aint bulky.
    Shop around as I paid about €40 for mine when I bought it recently!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 152 ✭✭Timmah!

I have a MET Inferno for sale here if you fancy it. (Size medium)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭on_the_nickel

Timmah! wrote: »
    I have a MET Inferno for sale here if you fancy it. (Size medium)

too small thanks, I've got a head like Steve Bruce!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 110 ✭✭CarlosK

too small thanks, I've got a head like Steve Bruce!

As long as you dont have a face like him you'll be alright!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 152 ✭✭Timmah!

Carlos!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

Advertisement