Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPad in Waterford ?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭Currys PC World: Declan

I can confirm that Ipad has ( eventually ) come to Waterford. PC World started to stock it on the 4th of this month, as did our stores in Sligo, Cork, Limerick and Carlow. Sorry it took so long. And I'll let the store know about their phones too.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭2Bv¬2B

I can confirm that Ipad has ( eventually ) come to Waterford. PC World started to stock it on the 4th of this month, as did our stores in Sligo, Cork, Limerick and Carlow. Sorry it took so long. And I'll let the store know about their phones too.....

I can't understand how there was such a delay stocking them, I picked mine up in the UK in August.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭JohnC.

2Bv¬2B wrote: »
    I can't understand how there was such a delay stocking them, I picked mine up in the UK in August.

The supply is limited, so they limited the shops selling them. Even though they're not yet available in many countries, they've sold millions of them. It's expected they'll have sold 11 or 12 million by the end of the year. Double what was predicted. Not bad for something that so many marked as having no real chance.

It's all to do with how Apple roll out globally , as well as the stock problem you mentioned. The larger countries are prioritised in wave 1 and Ireland figures in wave 2. Logical I suppose but we would have loved to have had in Waterford before now at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Thanks Declan. I should let you know though this isn't a rare occasion they fail to answer their phone. Take a look at their golden pages: http://www.goldenpages.ie/Computers/P.C._World/IE_12000389_9999_7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Spins

Daysha wrote: »
    I should let you know though this isn't a rare occasion they fail to answer their phone

+1

Appreciate the feedback. I had the manager here in our HQ on Monday and I gave him the direct feedback. There is nothing as powerful as direct feedback from cusotmers on paper and I appreciate you letting me know.

Advertisement