Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bill Pay Internet Access in the north

Options
  • 23-07-2010 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi,

I am going to move to BillPay to get a smart phone with internet access on the phone. I am in the North 5/6 days per month and would like to have internet access when I am up there also

Does any network allow accessing the internet on your phone from the North NOT as roaming?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Only one is vodafone, allows roaming on the 'live' apn for the same price as at home

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Vodafone is indeed best for going all sorts of places, as they don't charge extra for data using the live apn. Although O2 won't quite gouge you on calls in NI, they certainly will on data.

Tesco mobile charge the same anywhere on the island of Ireland, which is an example to the other overchargers, but they are basically a prepaid service.

Three has (or had) a 3 Like Home service. But a lot depends on where you are going, Three has very little coverage in Fermanagh or Tyrone or outlying areas of NI generally.

Advertisement