Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotels Rip off

Options
  • 23-07-2010 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

hi im originaly form dublin living in Wexford few years and i went up to Dublin with my girlfriend for couple days to see the sights and sounds of my beloved home county.

It was the week of oxygen and it rained alot we went on guided bus tour which was nice and interesting even as Dubliner i learned new things you might never had learned

anyways it was raining and showers were many so we decided on checkin into hotel near to city centre

we had viewed and enquired in 5 different hotels but all were fully booked

it was so wet and tired we ran into the Gresham Hotel which for years had good name

the room for 2 was €160 Euro a night B+B.

i knew it was excessive considering D4 hotels are €50-€60 Euro a night these days but we didnt want to travel to ballsbridge get stuck in traffic rest evening and stayed close to o'connel street temple bar etc

first off io noticed in halls the heat and an odour of stale air,
    it was raining but a hot humid night and the a/c wouldnt work at all.

when i called reception an indian accented answered ans informed us the air conditioning was out on the whole wing!

we were advised to "turn the a/c off and open the windows" !?

all this in the Gresham Hotel!?

€160 per night for 2 B+B and not even basic a/c in room.

the room was small and standard and the view was back side hotel.

the bar staff were very slow and non existant for times.

following morning the breakfast room had a worse odour not unlike a room close to bathroom that obviously also had no a/c or venting

even a bleechy smell.

the food was not much better either.

we got no satisfaction whats so ever and no discount

paying over the odds for a hotel room youd expect at least 4 star quality and service.

At the Gresham Hotel we got half star fawlty towers service.

next time ill camp out

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Write a letter of complaint to management. Request a refund. I did this once at a different hotel and did get reimbursed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

Definitely complain to the hotel in writing. I also know some people who have received money back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

It's well-known that the Gresham has drastically reduced standards in recent years. Just a name to be honest. Write a letter of complaint and encourage others not to stay there. Hopefully they'll up their game.

Advertisement