Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BrewDog - The End of History

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

12 bottles, all now sold. It's a publicity stunt: something to get BrewDog mentioned in the press (and on boards like this) lest people forget who they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

also had an article in 'The Examiner' today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,081 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

BeerNut wrote: »
    12 bottles, all now sold.

£700 a bottle, I believe and probably worth twice that already!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

I think around 9% or so is the limit for me, after that they begin to taste to much like spirits which I don't like and don't drink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,081 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I think around 9% or so is the limit for me, after that they begin to taste to much like spirits which I don't like and don't drink.

Do you drink wine or fortified wine?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Do you drink wine or fortified wine?

I love wine, but its a totally different taste so doesn't remind me of spirits, had a Rochefort 10 (11.3) once reminded me of whiskey so couldn't finish it, great beers but not to my taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭thelynchfella

there is no doubt in my mind that its completely unpalatable...but as was said, brewing a beer like that gets them publicity. They did a good job, got people talking about them.
    Will zeee germans try outdo them i wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 spaceoddity

I love wine, but its a totally different taste so doesn't remind me of spirits, had a Rochefort 10 (11.3) once reminded me of whiskey so couldn't finish it, great beers but not to my taste.

I love the Rochefort 10 - I always have (at least) one whenever I'm in the Porterhouse. Usually ends up as an expensive night though...

And if the Germans do come back, they'll have to name Rise of the Bismarck or something like that! (off topic - anybody seen a film called Dead Snow? :P )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

I really don't get the dead animal bottle thing. WTF BrewDog? 55% didn't get you enough marvel/outrage?

I had their Hardcore IPA last night and absolutely loved. I was FULL of praise for BrewDog. Saw this bull**** earlier today, now I don't know what I think of them.

El Pr0n wrote: »
    I really don't get the dead animal bottle thing. WTF BrewDog? 55% didn't get you enough marvel/outrage?

I had their Hardcore IPA last night and absolutely loved. I was FULL of praise for BrewDog. Saw this bull**** earlier today, now I don't know what I think of them.

i dont know why you'd change your opinion of them just because of this....i think they did a good job, not only are they getting themselves publicity but they are also indirectly getting publicity for craft beer as a whole....i say well done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

i dont know why you'd change your opinion of them just because of this....i think they did a good job, not only are they getting themselves publicity but they are also indirectly getting publicity for craft beer as a whole....i say well done

But in all fairness it is a bit hard core ... remember there is a large % of people who care more about animals that other people so it is straight away a shocking sight for some.

For me personally I'd be worried about getting fur in my £500 beer ;)

But in all fairness it is a bit hard core ... remember there is a large % of people who care more about animals that other people so it is straight away a shocking sight for some.

For me personally I'd be worried about getting fur in my £500 beer ;)

I suppose i can see the issue with using roadkill. Personally for £500 a bottle i wouldnt be worried about getting fur into it. I'd never open the bottle at that price!!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

BrewDog boss James Watt told Sky News Online: "Despite the heavy criticism from the unenlightened, we have proved that there definitely is a market for our cutting edge fusion of beer, art and taxidermy.

"We are strongly recommending that the people who bought this beer enjoy it with a weather eye on the horizon for inflatable alcohol industry Nazis, judgemental washed up neo-prohibitionists or any grandiloquent, ostentatious foxes."

He sounds like a gobshite tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭DBCyc

http://beeradvocate.com/forum/read/2927468

I know this is all about the publicity but it didn't take long for another brewery to produce something stronger!

Advertisement