Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Side dishes for fish?

Options
  • 23-07-2010 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Anyone got some nice ideas of recipes to have as a side with fish? I don't eat potatoes or rice so they're out - anything veggie would be good.

For example I was thinking green beans or asparagus for example? Any esle?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

What about a salad of french beans, olives and tomato dressed with olive oil and salt? I saw them do that on masterchef australia and it was yum when I tried it.

Else roast aubergines, courgettes, peppers, squash goes really well with fish also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I like a bit of ratatouille with my fish,depending on what one. If it's a meaty fish it works nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭poppyvalley

Today I had...a mixture of fish pieces cooked with Hollandaise sauce along with some small carrots, cauliflower & peas. Glass of chardonnay....optional!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Ramsay did a Cucumber Raita to go with his spiced halibut, which I though was mouthwatering just by looking at it, I'm pretty sure I can eat it on its own.
    It consists of cucumber sliced like ribbons, yoghurt and mint. I can't remember if there was anything else, but it was on F Word, so look for it online.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Depending on the fish, some wilted spinach. I like to soften a finely chopped shallot and add a tiny pinch of chilli flakes before adding the spinach.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

A little petit cup of asparagus emulsion, like I had in a top French Restaurant last week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Fennel works really well with almost any white-fleshed fish.

So Fennel salad, or fennel gratin, or roasted fennel w. gin (or even w. absinthe)...all good.

Advertisement